youtube.com/watch?v=KQgMTuyjATk
youtube.com/watch?v=jdkUpHA8Q1I
youtube.com/watch?v=qFnE2_pEFJo
youtube.com/watch?v=IxKjcmk-tZw
youtube.com/watch?v=ogLy3gwYCSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oXoy-Ei6ZKM
youtube.com/watch?v=GHR8IkJIbZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when exactly were they ever an underground band? Why would anybody even call them that?

They've always been fucking mainstream, what a bunch of stupid cunts. You can't sellout if your first album was nominated for a Grammy

Linkin Park are sellouts

Better watch out

youtube.com/watch?v=B09SQ4GFi8k

easily the most boring frontman of all time

>jay-z collaboration
>hybrid theory and the remix album
>soundtrack to Transformers.

wew

*plays Sell Out by Reel Big Fish*

He's very agressive lately huh? I think they know they failed big with their new album and are upset.

looks and sounds like any generic hipster douche who works in a coffee shop

they are not that but man, they are terrible right now

Linkin Park did real bad on this new album
I just hope the next one would be better.

They've been sellouts since the beginning.

Have they ever not been sellouts?
Honest question.

They've never been anything but a boy band marketed to angsty middle schoolers in the first place

maybe when they were 10

I will never get over him pretending to be Scott Weiland when he first was with nuSTP

Man he really fucking wishes he was Jacob Bannon.

Why would anyone want that, ever

I'm guessing people are calling them sell-outs purely do to them changing to a sound that appeals to a bigger audience, therefore making more money. However, that implies that they haven't done this shit before. They've always been trend hoppers. They almost completely abandoned their already trite nu-metal/rap rock sound in 2007 and onward for an even more trite alternative rock sound.

Selling-out is a transition, not just an action. An actual sell-out would be something like an indie band (with actual emphasis on "indie") or an anti-establishment punk band signing to a major label. You can't really be a sell-out if you've always been a sell-out, so to speak.

How are they sell outs?
They began with rap rock when that was the big trend with Limp Bizkit and Rage Against the Machine, then continued to just hop to whatever is popular at the moment.

You have to have some kind of integrity to begin with to "sell out".

still need to listen to the new album, I heard it sounds like awful pop music. I thought nu-metal was coming back?

Converge are awesome but wat

Even Papa Roach is abandoning nu metal, it started to become a thing again with metalcore bands being desperate for attention, but it's already dead again.

I'm shaking in my boots

>Height: 5' 10
Lmao, he fucking wishes, fucking manlet.

when did nu-metal make a comeback
t.newfag who just got back into music

EDGY

did Ariana call him a sellout?

Creasing at this chump, state of him.

Chester Bennington is a real hardman's name

some bands tried

youtube.com/watch?v=KQgMTuyjATk

I don't know what bands like Five Finger Death Punch and All that Remains are up to but it's probably nu sounding.

What's bad about being a sell out and never having to worry about money again?

>all that remains

They were never great, but holy fucking hell how do you from this: youtube.com/watch?v=qFnE2_pEFJo

To this: youtube.com/watch?v=IxKjcmk-tZw

Other way around obviously, 12 hour work days got me beat.

Lol they were mainstream over produced fake rock bullshit from the start, they have no integrity TO sell out

>Mike trying to be chill and reason with fans about the new change in sound
>Chester threatening to beat them up and telling them to "move the fuck on"
At first I thought this album wouldn't affect how I saw them as people, but holy shit my opinion on Chester has hit rock bottom. What a cunt.
Mike is still cool, I guess.

Try Amoral

In just over a year they crashed from youtube.com/watch?v=ogLy3gwYCSQ

to
youtube.com/watch?v=oXoy-Ei6ZKM

>Implying the remix album wasn't their best album

They are fucking sellouts in the end.

IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTERRR

Well times are different and the youth's taste have changed. I'm 27 and Linkin Park is a thing of my generation. The kind of music they made during the HT and Meteora era doesn't sell anymore.

And Linkin Park have always been sellouts, they could do what some other older musicians do and say fuck the radio, make music that plays directly to their base. But Linkin Park is a Top 40 act and can't do without that Top 40 attention.

Shit Blink 182 seems to be ok with the fact that their not as popular anymore. Their past 2 albums have basically been repeats of the S/T album.

They were underground to a bunch of high school edgelords who's edgy identities were more like playing dress up than really being into that shit.

The kind of kids who really though LP were underground tho on any given day back then you could see them on a TRL countdown right behind a Britney Spears video.

you do realise that before there was a concept of edginess that there was linkin park ,they pretty much inspired that edge meme.why do you think people always quote crawling in my skin

Linkin Park are fucking choir boys and are known to be weird by those who have toured with them.

I remember at my high school the kids who were into them were somekind of conflicted christian types who wanted to be edgy but also super christian. They thought Linkin Park was some kind if Christian rock band or some shit, along with Evanescene. Is that true?

He's just salty this band isn't relevant anymore and hasn't been relevant for like 10 years.

Holy shit it really has been about 10 years since minutes to midnight and their fall in popularity. Wow

>Harm's Way
>nu-metal

It's just the guitar tuning, but Harm's Way never was and it isn't nu metal, they are just hardcore (better saying, brocore) flerting with metal stuff.

I love Harms Way. Most of their stuff is fantastic, Isolation is a borderline masterpiece of beatdown.
But that Rust album had some real nu-metal leanings.

the riff from Amongst The Rust even sounds like Slipknot - Liberate

youtube.com/watch?v=GHR8IkJIbZY

Nothing, but it's better if you admit it or never come out with the pretentions of being underground and somehow cooler because of it. Linkin Park is underground in the way that Hot Topic is totally counterculture and an organic local non-chained store.

Yeah man, I was one of those Christian kids you knew. All of what you said is true.

I understand what you're saying, but I legit think it's just the guitar tuning.

I enjoyed Rust a lot but Isolation is my fav.

yup, Isolation and No Gods No Masters are both incredible. Reality Approaches is also great.

They'll release a new album this year I think, I'm stocked.

Where do you draw the line between "natural progression" and "sellout"?

*Grimes

Mastodon = Sellout

I don't really have a "line", but I know it when I see it.

To be fair, the trends they hopped on never sounded as much like "safe" radio pop as with this album. Their rap rock and alternative rock sound was popular, but still more niche (relatively speaking, compared to their newest output). This is also the first album with credited outside writers who aren't part of the band