Who are the 10 greatest franchises in american sports history(big 4 leagues)?

Who are the 10 greatest franchises in american sports history(big 4 leagues)?

Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, Cowboys... ???

Those, plus

Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Bulls
Montreal Canadiens
Detroit Red Wings

Cowboys
Steelers
Yankees
Red Sox
Lakers
Celtics
Bulls
Redskins
49ers
Packers

I'd put bears and packers before cowboys and 49ers

yankees
lakers
packers
blackhawks

the big four

They're historic but didn't have the sustained success that the cowboys and 49ers had. Important to the sport but not higher on the list of greatest franchises.

Only team on there that's a flash in the pan is the Bulls but it was one hell of a run. You could make the argument that the San Antonio Spurs deserve it more though.

>methinals

your retarded kid

besides 2 periods in time (50's and 70's-80's) this team has been historically dominant

who /13champions hips/ here

Bulls are way more popular than spurs. Everybody knows the Bulls cause of Jordan. Probably right behind Yankees as the most iconic sports logo

>2 Super Bowls

The packers haven't always been dominant, they've just been competitive at times. The level of devastation that the Cowboys and 49ers had over the rest of the league was much shorter in the modern era for the Packers, and no other team can even come close to matching those two in that area, not even the Steelers.

There's 4 you philistine

The OP said the topic was greatest franchises, not most popular teams.

It's actually 4, you just missed that they won the first two super bowls as well.

>pre merger

>Packers - 13 championship wins
>Bears - 9 championship wins
>Cowboys - 5 championship wins
>$(ers - 5 championship wins

Bears and Packers almost have more championships than both of the other two combined.

>Probably right behind Yankees as the most iconic sports logo
spurs are not even top 20 the fuck are you on

And nobody counts anything before the modern era because it was a different game back then, it's the same reason we can't compare the greatest players from way back then in the same categories as we do the ones from now. It's the same thing with baseball, basketball, and hockey, football isn't special.

>mfs nfc north babbies actually consider pre-merger champions worth while

Yankees
St. Louis Cardinals
Oakland Athletics
Montreal Canadiens
Toronto Maple Leafs
Detroit Red Wings
Lakers
Celtics
Steelers
Cowboys

KEK THIS GUYS ACTUALLY SERIOUS

>Not counting Pre-Superbowl championships

>Browns and Iggles were once world champions
that's how you know pre-merger championships don't mean anything

>Counting football titles in a era where WW2 was in recent memory
Kys my man

>only top 10
OP you don't get it, america has so many great teams that if you're gonna cover all 4 sports you need at least 20

MLB: Yankees, Red Sox, A's, Cardinals, Giants, Dodgers
NFL: Cowboys, Packers, 49ers, Giants, Steelers, Patriots
NBA: Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Bulls
NHL: Red Wings, Blackhawks, Rangers, Bruins

American teams not american leagues

is it me or the new york rangers really not that accomplished of a franchise.

they've been around forever and have less cups than the oilers and only one of their cups is after 1945

DELET THIS

They're just okay.

>rags

Celtics did it in 60 less years than the Yankees, Celtics championship percentage is waaaay higher than the Yankees.

The Celtics are the most storied franchise in North American sports history

yankees have 16 more than the next best baseball team though meanwhile the celtics barely edge out the lakers.

and some of the celtics championships there were only 8 teams in the league where as every yankee world series had a minimum of 16 teams.

It's easier to repeat in basketball than it is in baseball and football though

I don't undestand Hockey, but of the sports that can be played in warmth.
1. Yankees
2. Lakers
3. Packers
4. Cowboys
5. St Louis Cardinals
6. Steelers
7. New York Giants
8. Celtics
9. San Francisco Giants
10. Dodgers

Muh pre-AFC meme championships

No. The burrs are suck

>no 49ers
Tied for 2nd with the cowboys at 5 super bowls, have GOAT candidates at QB, WR, and coach, and made 18 playoffs in a span of 22 years. There's no way they miss this top 10, the question is if they make the top 5.

How is it the Celtics fault that they had tougher competition? Are you serious Krabs? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. The Celtics beat the Lakers in 9 out of 12 Finals meetings..

Most of the Yankees wins were against guys who had to work a second job to support their families

SF Giants have the most wins and the most HoFers, how people put other MLB teams not named the Yankees ahead of them is ridiculous.

my point is the yankees are unequivocally the greatest franchise in their respective sport where as great as the celtics are they share the spotlight with the lakers.

celtics and lakers are 1A and 1B in nba, yankees are just 1.

>celtics and lakers are 1A and 1B in nba, yankees are just 1.
So then celtics and lakers should be 1 overall with yankees at 3, then

Yankees have 27 titles. Celtics have 17. Lakers have 16

Volume can't be compared head to head across sports, only against teams in the same league. 1 modern era baseball title doesn't equal 1 modern era basketball title.

>Detroit Red Wings
>Detroit Red Wings
>Red Wings
These guys get it.

>I don't undestand Hockey, but of the sports that can be played in warmth...
GET OUT FAG
E
T

O
U
T

F
A
G

>Montreal
>American

>i dont like the red wings therefore they shouldnt be on the list

They aren't. Also much of their fame came from having other team's original players. (Gretzky, Messier, Jagr, etc.)

However they did have Bathgate and Leetch.

Patriots
Yankees
Celtics
Lakers
Red Wings
Warriors
Seahawks
Heat
Cavaliers
Cardinals