Holyyy shit

Holyyy shit.
I can't believe I slept on this album for so long.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking
youtube.com/watch?v=2rw5hX4zqbY
youtube.com/watch?v=shHibn5DcAE
youtube.com/watch?v=XC3yUXyGMZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The greatest

Nebraska is better

I think a lot of people are surprised when they hear 70s Springsteen and find out he's more than the singles from Born In the USA would have you believe
I'm lucky, the Boss is my dad's favourite so I was practically raised on it

This. I also recently listened to U2's War and really liked it despite hating them for as long as I can remember.

Any other older rock artists/bands I've been sleeping on?

I don't know what you have/haven't listened to but here's some top-tier classic rock artists
>The Who
>The Kinks
>The Band
>The Jimi Hendrix Experience
>Dr. John
>Van Morrison
>Can
>Television

captcha: arabia grande
too soon captcha, too soon

I know this feel OP, I was blown the fuck away when I listened to this album too.

TENTH AVENUE FREEEZEOUT

I like Darkness on the Edge of Town better but Springsteen's 5 album stretch of Born to Run-->Darkness-->The River-->Nebraska-->Born in the USA is amazing. I would make a case for the The Wild, the Innocent as well as Greeating from Asbury Park but those 5 are really great

TENTH AVENUE DUBS OUT

The Wild (...) should be on there as well. The man had the greatest streak in musical history.

WHAT A FUCKING STREAK

the river is fucking tripe. easilly the worst out of springsteens first seven albums

Literally my revelations a couple weeks ago. And don't be afraid to dig deeper, this Seeger tribute album is a fucking riot! Good stuff, totally underrated Springsteen for way too long thanks to middle-aged women liking him.

yep, totally agreed. only scaruffi drones disagree.

What a horrible opinion

Now that's a shit taste

thank you my nigga
>crush on you
>i wanna marry you
>im a rocker
defend this. literally the raditude tier songs to bruce's discography

Tunnel of Love is so fucking underrated. The dude channels all of the heartbreak of his life falling apart into simple melancholy love songs laid over hollow emotionless synth beats. 808s & Heartbreak totally bites the style.

The second side is perfection.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking

The river was one of the first albums to be mixed digitally and the sound suffers as a result

Did you anons listen to Ties That Bind? It's the original followup to Darkness but he thought it was too dark and depressing like Darkness so he added all of the rockers and silliness to create The River double album. He also cut out the best song Loose End and drastically re-recorded and mixed half of the songs (for the worse)

Didn't know it existed until now, downloading right away. Thanks user

>no sherry darling
DROPPED

You know you can have that album and the River at the same time right?

>Two Hearts
>The River
>Fade Away
>Stolen Car
>The Price You Pay
>Drive All Night
>Wreck on the Highway

listen all i was saying from the start was that the river has some terrible songs. it does have some all time classics though i just think u cant compare it to literally flawless albums like darkness, wild innocent, and born to run. nj fag here so my opinion is valid AF

DUDE YES.

especially tunnel of love

Bruce is one of those nuts that throws away 10/10 material because it doesn't "feel" right or it's too sad or too good or some shit. He has tons out outtakes and bootlegs that are as good or better as album stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=2rw5hX4zqbY

youtube.com/watch?v=shHibn5DcAE

youtube.com/watch?v=XC3yUXyGMZg

two hearts is tacky as fuck and the rest of the songs are the piss breaks u take at the bruce show

Youtube seems to agree with him

tfw The Ties That Bind is a response to Walk the Line

People sleep on The Who far too much, it's insane. The Who Sell Out is up there with Pet Sounds and Revolver, and Quadrophenia is just insane.

also Electric Light Orchestra!

Tom Joad!!!