Classic /longcore/

Listened to pic rel and The Disintegration Loops last night, both for the first time. Both were excellent.

What are some other great, lengthy albums that require a relatively high degree of patience? Any and all genres welcome; post-rock, electronic, minimalism, or what have you.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/Body13-025TheComedyOfRepetition
rateyourmusic.com/board_message?message_id=4397497
imprec.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-issue-project-room
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you actually listen to the entire disintegration loops? I got like a minute in before realizing its a meme

fuckin Pulse Demon - Merzbow
it's more endurance-core than patience-core but whatever
it's nice to listen to when you're /reallydepressed/ in the background as you do things

here, I thought of one
Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians
you'd really dig it

Bernard Parmegiani - L'Œuvre Musicale En 12 CD

not necessarily a classic but i've been digging this lately
a few of the tracks are pretty long, its pretty multi-genre (though its all "le avant gardening") and the total runtime is like 7 hours
archive.org/details/Body13-025TheComedyOfRepetition

Yeah, I did. I really liked dlp 1.1, didn't really care much for dlp 2.1.

You do understand that there's no noticeable change after a minute, right? The variation comes from the decay of the tape as it loops. If you don't have the patience to listen to it for at least 7 minutes, jump to 40 minutes in or so and what you'll hear will be quite different from the beginning.

Downloaded Pulse Demon, I listened to the first few minutes a few days ago but got pulled away from it. Definitely on my list, though I agree that it's going to be more about endurance

Great rec, I've heard Music For 18 Musicians and it's one of my absolute favorites. Reich is fantastic

Haven't heard this, I'll check it out

there was a rym thread about albums that were monumental // huge // difficult
cant find it but maybe someone else can
one thing they rec'd was tarentel - ghetto beats on the surface of the sun (2 hours 30 mins)

when i feel like listening to elseq 1-5, i plan my day around it.

Holy christ, this is a monster.

I'm more looking for intentionally constructed long albums/pieces rather than collections of b-sides/unreleased tracks/etc, but a few of these tracks are as long as an album, so perhaps I'll give those a try. Thanks for the rec

Would be great if someone had the link to this thread. I'll check out ghetto beats on the surface of the sun

Been seeing this album posted a lot lately and I want to get into more Autechre, added for sure

>want to get into more Autechre
Elseq isn't a great start desu, it's more sound experimentation than their usual style

Not their best but it's fucking long. Almost 3hrs.

found it
rateyourmusic.com/board_message?message_id=4397497

>classical/minimalism
Steve Reich – Drumming
La Monte Young – The Well-Tuned Piano
Olivier Messiaen – Vingt regards sur l'enfant-Jésus (if you can find it listen to the Anton Batagov recording)

>drone
Henry Flynt – You Are My Everlovin / Celestial Power
Earth – Earth 2
Hash Jar Tempo – Well Oiled

>jazz
Soft Machine – Third
The Jazz Composer's Orchestra – self-titled

>folk
Joanna Newsom – Have One on Me
John Fahey – Fare Forward Voyagers (not very long but still demanding)

this is also worth checking out

Noted, I'll probably try something more typical to their style first then

Never heard of this, I'll check it out

Dope, thanks

Excellent, thanks - I loved what I heard of The Well-Tuned Piano but I think I only lasted like an hour and half when I first tried it. Gonna give it another go sometime soon

>The album uses a strange and esoteric photoelectric synthesizer
I'm sold

Bump

Check out Blues Alif Lam Mim in the Modes of Rag Infinity/Rag Cosmosis by Catherine Christer Hennix. 1 hour 20 minutes of eastern-flavored minimalism/drone.

imprec.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-issue-project-room

bump

bump

bump

gotta fight the DG hype machine (it won't work)

This album is bliss

Hell yeah, another album

I really love the textbook-like cover and I've heard of Steve Roach but never listened to him, definitely checking this one out

Listened to this in a single sitting; totally worth the 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Glass is ass

...kidding, Philip Glass is fantastic. Definitely giving this a listen