Why go to college? Becoming a debt slave so the bureaucrats can get rich off of an education permit...

Why go to college? Becoming a debt slave so the bureaucrats can get rich off of an education permit? College is unnecessarily expensive and schools should push the trades more.

Other urls found in this thread:

nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=77
deleteip.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All the richest people didn't even graduate high school.

Must be true, I read it on Sup Forums.

College is free en my country

Research shows a significant increase in overall income for college grads.

Its an investment in general human capital, meaning a smarts passport.

College is mostly a shit test for employers
If you can put up with shitty professors, boring subject matter, tons of alcohol and whores without failing and still have enough persistence to make it all the way through to get your degree than maybe you won't flake out on the job.

It's not an investment. American Public schools are a pipeline to feed the pension system via illegal property taxes. Degrees, Licenses, standardized tests and barriers to entry at every turn. It's not about education, it's about tenure for lazy white liberals and pensions for nigger oafs feeding from the public trough.

>being this retarded

>using greentext as a populist argument

you can't seriously be this fucking stupid...

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

good show user!

still making unfocused general comments. Move along, puke

I think it's obvious that the system is not designed to educate so much as to take peoples money for as long as possible.

still? this is the first comment i've made lol

thanks for proving us right user

then get something other than a liberal arts degree. perhaps something useful?

I agree college is not for everyone but for some jobs it is a necessity. I for one went to school for chemistry to get a job as a chemist. No chemist job will hire without a degree

You get what you pay for dumbshit

fuck school
get high

operative words in this sentence are "i think"

I can't help but notice there aren't any provided links to sources to provide any evidence to back this claim.

College is only useless if you get a degree in woman's studies or social justice or something like that.

I got good money you believe 9/11 was an inside job too

provost detected

Only white people like to work hard so the school system doesn't push the trades.

Not true dumb ass, only reason we don't have free college in America is because they are too busy spending trillions on the military.

autist detected

In my neck of the woods, college is a fantastic career tool so long as you start your program with a field of work in mind.

People who go to school to "figure it out" are wasting money.

First figure out what you want to do for a living, then go to school to get the piece of paper that says you know how to do that thing.

Yes and no. A college is a business and has over head to keep but education is still important to most depts within said college. I have noticed that state universities or public universities turn out better educated graduates then private

You say that like it's a bad thing.

nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=77

nope

/thread

>have high school friends who didn't go to college/went to 2 years for an associate's
>Best of them is currently making $16-18 an hour as a phlebotomist or mechanics
>Most are working 2 jobs
>Few in the military, which don't get paid much, but no real living expenses

>I and other friends go to a 4 year
>Internship paid $22 an hour
>First job paid $61k a year
>Another friend started at 100k at some tech startup
>$12k in debt, paid off in less than a year

No saying this is every situation, but most of the time a 4 year degree makes a huge difference in making more money, especially if you get an in-demand degree and don't fuck around changing majors in college

provost detectedIt isn't the degree that makes the difference, it's the person.

Those willing to work hard at a job that pays well will flourish.

"Well so and do works hard flipping hamburgers"

"Maybe instead of flipping hamburgers he should work hard FINDIBG A BETTER FUCKING JOB TO DO"

You're pretty much right, only about 5% of the niggers going to college today needed to. The rest are retards buying into the propaganda and giving all their scheckels to indoctrination centers while getting a degree that will never get them a job.

Holy fucking highschool dropout, nigga you dumb.

It's really as simple as: Do you want to do a trade-skill focused job? Go learn a fucking trade. Do you want another job thats going to require an education? Go get a fucking education. Jobs are tough out there dude, if the job you want is something you'd typically need a degree in, your going to need one to be competitive.

sorry you're so mad about this, OP. You should have considered your career choices before working at a landfill

Only in America is college ridiculously expensive
Plus, most of the time, you can't just go to university and expect a massive paycheck later on. That's the mistake that people who waste their time in high school getting 90s in everything to get into that medical/engineering program never figure out into it's too late. If you want a big paycheck, you need to go to university because you want to go something that will make you happy later on, and in return you will get your massive paycheck.
Or you know, you could just be an IT guy and get a lot of money too that way

The degree also proves to potential employers that you can do the work tho. They look at a 4 year degree with a good GPA and realize you don't fuck around, and have to be worth hiring.

Maybe employers can, you know, maybe find some other way to validate the content of your character other than me being saddled with $250,000 of student debt I have to pass onto my grandchildren

The employee argument is fucking stupid. Experience trumps education.

A 4-year program in Canada is about 28K CAD (7K a year)

Your isp and government are monitoring your internet activity. deleteip.com

I dunno. I'm not particularly handy at working with my hands. My dad told me to make money using my mind not my back or I'd hurt every day like he does. I had a sales job I hated, made 40k a year. Went back to school, starting at inexpensive community college then finished up at a state school. Nowe i have a marketing job I enjoy and make 80 k a year. Ended up with about 10 thousand in debt. Paid it off within a year. Doubled my income and got a job that doesn't make me wanna kill myself.

If you blew $250,000 for a 4 year degree, you dun goofed.

FACT. Growing medical marijuana can bring in more income than a college degree.

Hows high school treatin you?

But I can take my degree to the grave. Education is not only measured in cash.

I fucked around in high-school and did fine in life. You're either smart or you aren't. If aren't then nothing in this world is going to be able to help you.

I'm so glad I live in a free country, I dont have to pay thousands to get a college education. also the level of education is much better than in US.

More like most rich people did drugs to get where they are and a lot of druggies go on Sup Forums.

This.

I view it more as an institutionalized scam. The quality of education you receive at your average university is extremely poor and often times inadequate to prepare a perspective employee for actual work. Many of us with degrees got into a job and found out that we had to learn our jobs on-site and through intensive googling. Compound on top of that, today's graduates have now been sheltered in "safe space" campuses for the last half a decade and are incapable of handling the real world's social complexities. College decrees are required because policy says they are but that policy was written more than a decade ago when a college degree was worth a damn. At this point it's just institutionalized in corporate America and that's why colleges have been raising their tuition to absurd and unjustifiable rates.

As someone who's family is deeply involved in the public education system, i'm here to tell you that you are dead wrong. I have only met two teachers in my whole life who acquired tenure and one was fired by unanimous vote by the board of education. As far as pension go, ha! If you get into public edu for a pension you must be the dumbest mother fucker around.

Some people need adult daycare until they're 22.

It's not free. You all pay for it out of your taxes.

Why is this such a difficult concept for people to understand?

Actually they are most likely getting a better education. Europoors don't have this crazy idea that everyone needs to go to four-year college, and consequently these schools are not burdened by a bunch of low IQs shitting the place up for everyone else.

>schools should push the trades more.

You shut the fuck up. I'm a machinist, and got a good thing going atm. All the babyboomers are retiring, or dying, and there's more demand for my skills than there are people with them, meaning I can pick and choose employers for the most part. The last thing I need is for a bunch of dipshits to rush out and enroll in trade school, and end up saturating the job market.

Also, why go to trade school either? You won't learn much that's actually useful to your trade there. Most of what I've needed to learn has been learned over years of hands-on experience, or from other, more experienced machinists.

>still have enough persistence to make it all the way through
With grade inflation, almost everyone makes it through. Showing up is literally enough at many universities and colleges.

Hey, if its not up your alley thats allright. Im considering to study something myself, but i dont want to study something just for the sake of it. Its just another one of the many choices in life you have to face. Either way, make the best out of it.