Death Grips is the MLP of music

Death Grips is the MLP of music
A meme with an autistic fanbase that almost destroyed this board then interest just vanished

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUTKTk60aGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>le MLP meme
>2017

true
that's basically EDM Nu-Metal made stricly for autists

>then interest just vanished
>Sup Forums gets flooded with 20 threads once new death grips gets released earlier today

or or or maybe

DG got big here, then got too big for Sup Forums (see Sup Forums contrarianism) and we all know we can't like things that have any sort of following, so now we say they're reddit and we hate them. and those still interested shut up so they don't have to hear you faggot contrarians pretend you're cool because of your deep obscure taste.

Coldplay > Death Shits

>it's contrarian to hate the modern equivalent of nu-metal
fucking idiot

I don't think you know what 'contratian' means.

death grips are unbelievably gay

god taylor has such a hideous eye region. no wonder she has bangs 24/7

do we still care about them?

youtube.com/watch?v=JUTKTk60aGk

how is it even close to nu-metal. all hip hop is nu metal because it has rapping JUST LIKE NU METAL

MY WHOLE LIFE!!!
MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE!!!!!

The thing is they're very drug oriented and Sup Forums is a bunch of edgy redditors that don't take drugs. Even one dose of acid will change your opinion because most of this board is so rooted in hating anything that isn't Radiohead, also people leave this board generally after a couple of years so new people are completely out of context for how much fun it was waiting and playing their games and shit. Try to stop hating everything you don't understand

Not so much just drug oriented, but very primal. Death Grips taps into the shadow personality, and revels in the bestial side of man. sxe redditors shy away from that, because it reminds them of an existence outside of their cushy nu-male experiences.

People still bitch about it

In places where it has no relevancy or necessity. Someone says something and someone else goes through their post history and says "this guy is a brony" and it derails the whole conversation

Saying it's "about drugs" is a pretty hamfisted appreciation. Drugs aren't interesting because it makes you think funny thoughts, drugs are interesting because of their implications on subjective reality and human behaviour.

It is very druggy music but drugs are the equivalent of a storytelling device. It's much more nuanced than that.

Yep, Death Grips is one of the least "reddit" bands that has ever existed. It's very deliberately designed to exhume all of the things that make that website insufferable; pseudo-intellectualism implying that something that looks primal on surface has no further depth and rather than knowing or caring to understand it just putting it down and using something important to other people to validate your own narcissism.

Even the opening tracks on most of their albums seem to be a reddit filter. Anyone that thinks that things that are loud and violent are just loud and violent for the sake of it is going to instantly shut it off but anyone that has any kind of wit about them and or appreciates this kind of music is going to understand that is going to be somewhat enticed and recognize what it's trying to do.

If reddit likes Death Grips now it's just because society told them it was okay to.

>reddiohead
I wish Sup Forums would get over this snoozefest too

>He fell for the hating meme

It's edgier than your regular hip-hop obviously

I want to suck them off

drugs take over your identity, which is why you're invoking acid evangelism to explain why a theoretical person doesn't like a band

I bet youre the one who posts daily Grime threads

but there is no daily grime threads

>thread reminds me that /mlp/ still exists
>visit out of curiosity
>still active

Do you think anybody would notice if they all died tomorrow?

I only drink alcohol and coffee, yet I love Death Grips.
You don't need drugs to appreciate them.