youtube.com/watch?v=U5BZ2KncKs8
youtube.com/watch?v=1SDa_Jqmuiw&t=6s
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>live albums
why do ppl do this

>rockism
why do ppl do this

Are there any particular highlights to this?

Not OP but Slomo, Don't Know Why and Go Get It are my favorites.

damn, i was about to say all those three in that order

pretty much these

Jlin - Black Origami
Quicksails - Mortal
Nnamdi Ogbonnaya - Drool
whatever Death Grips ends up putting out probably
Oto Hiax - s/t
Poly Chain - Music for Candy Shops
Cummi Flu/Raz Ohara - Y
Shackleton - Sferic Ghost Transmits
F.U.T.U.R.OS.C.O.P.E - s/t
Merzbow - Muen

How in the hell is Star Roving almost six minutes? Dare I ask if you have a list?

Don't Know Why sounds like the drummer listened to Psub but no one else did.

piss off melon

I liked it

this

No way in hell I'm giving this thing a 4/5 and Falling Ashes is tempting to push it over the edge for a 2/5 so I'm gonna still hold out on rating to see how low I can go.

Delete this

>Don't Know Why
my favorite on the album, it has a very space-like moment that feels like it could be out of Just for a Day but the poppier lyrics make it highlight much more. This album is a strong 9/10 for me

Delete this

Grails and Do Make Say Think ran away with this year. Haven't heard any competition yet, but then again I haven't heard a few new releases I've been meaning to.

Best new release I've heard in at least a few years.
my runner-up so far

the new DMST is real good, was pleasantly surprised

i know it wasnt this year but i dont think it matters

>i dont think it matters
Yeah right, this post is an obvious cry for help.

nothing really matters

recommended albums

Clap! Clap! - A Thousand Skies (african influenced uk bass)
youtube.com/watch?v=s4yy9ic_ysk

Brendan Byrnes - Neutral Paradise (microtonal synthpop)
youtube.com/watch?v=U5BZ2KncKs8

what about snugglin into a comfy bed and getting a good nights sleep user?

more bands like OP posted please frig!

>so she hit the back seat
>Rosa Parks never a factor when she makin' ends meet
Section.80 is AOTY

gotta finish a project first then i will

This

So glad that emo is back

Definitely my pick so far. Nothing else even comes close yet.

I'm liking this so far. Didn't even know they had a new one out.

and pic related are my contenders, but Slowdive (Sufjan if it counts?) is probably the winner thus far.

This 2016

still here, I forgot about this too, that'd be my top 5 with Sufjan/Slowdive tied for #1 and probably then AnCo, Remo Drive and finally Fleet Foxes.

Seriously one of the most bland things i've heard in so long. It was a pain to get through.

What's your aoty

I remember immediately thinking that Don't Know Why sounded like a much less noisy version of a Pinkshinyultrablast song

Did anyone hear the new hausu mountain stuff yet?

Oh damn, been meaning to check MotW out. Gonna listen now.

How's this hold up to S/T and Helplessness Blues?
I need to go back and listen to that Visible Cloaks album some more
Would I like the Oto Hiax album if I dig Mark Clifford's stuff with Seefeel?

I'm about to pull the trigger on Tricot right now for a 4/5 actually. I'm still a couple songs away from finishing my first listen but they're basically guaranteed at this point.

this lazerhawk and the magnetic fields

Neil said just for a day was and felt over produced something along the lines like that in an interview, yet fatano and some ppl say it's the best or somethin, who is right, I hate this generation of dependant thinking

LPs only

I wouldn't say liking Seefeel stuff would necessarily guarantee liking Oto Hiax, but that album seems really likable to me, like if you're into it I don't think it'll make you work for it so give it a try sometime, there's a legitimate upload on youtube.

Probably that one. I can't stop listening to Sugar for the Pill and Everyone Knows

Black Angels are taping at ACL tonight but I dont know how their broadcasts work like I don't see why it wouldn't just be live.

Forest Swords - Compassion is my favourite.

Fleet Foxes new album is my biggest disappointment. Such a pretentious mess.

Slow Dive was aight.

DAMN felt like a mixtape or something. Didn't have the scope, scale and story of GKMC or TPAB.

Now that I think about its been a pretty shitty year for music.

>yet fatano
who the fuck cares
Black Angels live has to be one of the most boring shows I've ever sat through
Luckily Place To Bury Strangers were the opener and they killed it

hey man i can recommend you some albums

Clap! Clap! - A Thousand Skies. African influenced uk bass. A lot of short songs on this album but each track explores different sounds and doesn't over tire itself.

Brendan Byrnes - Neutral Paradise. Microtonal synthpop. You like microtonal music? This album is amazing, the sounds that this dude has created, I love it.

Hadouk - Le Cinquième Fruit. A nice little jazz album. I don't normally listen to jazz but this was a pleasant surprise, loved this choice of instruments.

Кpacнoзнaмeннaя Дивизия Имeни Moeй Бaбyшки – Пocмepтныe пpиключeния. Russian indie rock album, pretty fun. Nothing amazing but a good album still.

Hope you enjoy

There's no such thing as first place in muzic rite?

Yeah I just happened to see that in a show listing. I gave the album a 2/5

>first place in muzic
um sorry but thats radiohed :^)

Wow thanks man these sound great. And I haven't listened to any of them. Definitely gonna give them a try.

Aw for frig sake, I always encounter this, yea I guess thier first

Or forget by shwee schwee

Probably too soon to compare Crack-Up to their first two. I've been a fan since their debut and I still enjoy their old material immensely. Don't know how I'm going to feel about Crack-Up several years later, but right now I consider all three of their LPs 9/10.

This is currently AOTYSF. Runner-up is the Jlin album, followed by IFE.

Was really impressed by the Your Old Droog album and pleasantly surprised by The Mountain Goats too.

This pulled ahead for me recently. It's definitely a grower. Need to hear the new Land of Talk and Mountain Goats though.
This was my previous choice.

Such a disappointment. Maybe i have too high expectations arter night falls over kortedala

>night falls
pleb
that's not even his best release..

Yes it is

youtube.com/watch?v=1SDa_Jqmuiw&t=6s

feels like the cover

hope you like them, 2 of them i got as recs on here and the other 2 i found on rym

good taste user, a punk album hasn't gripped me like that in ages