geocities.jp/mnjrh560/m-dic/html/tdv214.html?#13159380390101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ネタバレ禁止

Is miso soup good for you?
好きじゃない(´・ω・`)

No miso, no Japanese life

何がダメなん?

やっぱり、味噌汁はなれないと..

how many words should I be learning each day from the deck? 20 per day seems hard to remember

Learning from a deck is a bad way to learn because each word is learned the same way. Put yourself in different situations so you get stronger memories and learn the words better. You will forget most of what you learn anyway, so do as much as you can.

Trying to learn so and so many words every day is the dumbest thing you can do.

You sound like a beginner so I don't know if you know about this concept but you will probably forget and relearn words several times before you can remember them well. That's why things like anki exist.

Say you "learn" 20 words per day, and forget 15 of them next week, then the number of words you have to learn each day will start to rise to a larger and larger number, soon you're at 200 words per day just to not forget what you've already learned.

I don't like the taste (´・ω・`)

I don't think I'm ever going to stop mixing up 痕跡 and 跡形

It's true that Japanese people are going to get genocided like Europeans now?

豚肉カツ丼とチキンカツ丼とどちのほうが一番通常?

It's not really that hard to remember because many words are related. Ie., the use the same kanji which carries the same general idea. If you grasp the idea, it gets much easier. Then again, is right. You will forget a lot of what you've learned, so it's best to start reading as soon as you can so that you encounter kanji in the wild. Context will help you retain the knowledge.

豚肉カツ丼が一番通常だと思います。

When I stayed in Japan, I'd get 辛味噌ラーメン every other day. The best.

Try adding an extra step for new cards at >30 minutes or so, I think it's difficult to memorise kanji vocab cards with just the default

This. This helps retention so much, I currently do 1 5 10 20 steps.

Also you may want to set your learn ahead limit to 0 so that you actually get the spaced part of SRS when learning a card.

こういうおじさん
youtube.com/watch?v=qT-h-FMV0B8

>Mature: 292
>Young+Learn: 589
>Unseen: 5118
I still can't read jack shit. Am I just trying to read things above my level? Should I keep at it and try again in the future?

Is there anything I can read right now?

That's too little, I think. At the same time, I do believe that you should be able to read NHK3 News for kids? You will encounter unknown kanji, of course, but you should be able to understand something.

>NHK3 News
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

How many words do I need for reading, roughly?

I only started to feel comfortable after 6k. But then again, I didn't read Tae Kim. If you have, then having a mouseover dictionary should get you going.

>I do believe that you should be able to read NHK3 News for kids?
Yes, you do believe it.

>mature 2102
>young / learn 1380
Still can't read shit either.

>(((bloomberg)))
every time

It's this publication in particular that is obsessed with Japan's (((population problem)))

Literally 90% of Western articles about it are from this site

How does one write

"John is only allowed to kiss Sarah" in Japanese?

(this is a guess it's probably wrong)
ジョンさんはサラなら接吻できる

Please translate エミリアはジョンにキスしなければならない!

Why are you learning Japanese Sup Forums? Not trying to be condescending or anything just curious.

実はわたしもちょっとだけ寄り道して 所があっでな…
コレ… 見てくんろ
What does mean 所があっでな?

>things that trigger you

When people say みーっけ or whatever instead of 見つけた

で de → て te

it's a dialect sound.

Thank, but what does 所 mean in this context?

Many reasons too existential to properly go into but to generalise, to enjoy Japanese comics, cartoons, literature and the sound of the language itself. At a more immediate level, it is one thing helping smother suicidal thoughts.

guide was there

Will eventually live in nip land, so might aswell

Which board did you come across the thread to find the guide?

Sup Forums, a year ago

How has your progress been and which of the three boards this thread has existed on/exists on did/do you prefer, if any?

oh fuck, i'm so stupid.
寄り道して所

Emilia came inside John, who felt a great pleasure.

Are you a vampire?

progress is slow on things i havent focused on, like production
reading is a lot better, as is listening. catch most of what NHK news 7(on sbs on-demand) is talking about if its not too political and name droppy
finished core 2/6k a while ago and starting mining, still do 20 new a day and mine a lot more than that
i dont prefer any particular board, Sup Forums or /jp/ are shit in different ways, good in others

>Are you a vampire?
まさか、普通だよ

Did you post If so, you got great taste in 2D.

yeah
gotta stay wide

x ˵ ╹ ◡ ╹ ˶ x
wide pride world wide

the way of making 寄り道して connected to 所 is wrong. it looks more like 寄り道した所 or 寄り道してぇ所(寄り道したい所)

ah I forgot that might have been how to speak in a dialect. I cannot swear the way of speaking is wrong. howeveer, if something happens, that should be originally 寄り道した所, though.

>寄り道してぇ所(寄り道したい所)
In original 寄り道してェ所

Because it's fun. I could rationalise it in a hundred other ways but honestly, if I didn't enjoy the process for it's own sake there's no way I would have come this far.

Please write this for me

well then, してぇ/してェ means したい in this case. she seems to want to visit somewhere for a minute.

Fuck off, not a translation thread.

furusato

Thank.

それふるさとって読むっけ

故郷
アーサー卿

moji.tekkai.com/zoom/卿/page.html
moji.tekkai.com/zoom/郷/page.html

Because it's fun to do while procrastinating over my university studies.

>helping smother suicidal thoughts
Same.

Here is another picture in exchange for yours.

探偵団の調査の足しにはなるかしら
足しにはなる are the same 足しになる?

Yes.
>as for help to the detective team's investigation, I wonder if it will become?
That's just the natural place to put the は if they want to add one. 足しになる is not one verb by itself, but a phrase with parts that can be separated.

>決して彼女とセックスする
Is that a correct way to say "You will never have sex with her"?

>する
しない

Noob question but what is all this? Why are there so many different ways to pronounce each kanji?

how do I change fonts on desktop Anki?

Because Japanese took their writing system from Chinese. Most kanji have Japanese and Chinese way of reading. Some of them have multiple readings (usually the basic kanji such as 中 which has many uses depending on context).

I have a really bad cold and don't feel like going out.

There is a pharmacy just down my street that delivers medicine. (I thought it was a health food place at first, before I noticed on street view that their mascot is actually a syringe instead of a sandwich.) Their sign is in English so I know for sure they delivery and I can get their number off google maps.

When I phone how do I properly ask them to deliver some medicine for my chest and nose congestion?

this And it's the same for other languages as well, don't worry about it. And don't try and cram all the readings without knowing a word or two that uses it, it's inefficient.

> Why are there so many different ways to pronounce each kanji?

> 中
> in,inside,middle,mean,center

・・・

What does it say?

友達... とは言いにくいけど,
仲悪いわけではもちろんない, かな ?

Not a translation begging thread so fuck off

The readings in カタカナ are the 音読み, the imported readings based on how the character was pronounced in Chinese at the time. They're usually a single syllable like ちゅう or か or しん, but sometimes two when the Chinese word had a consonant on the end like -k or -ts (as in 直・チョク、ジキ、ジカ or 活・カツ). When there's more than one 音読み, it means the word was imported with different readings at different times, and they're generally classified into three different groups: 呉音、漢音、唐音 based on the time period and context. Chinese words are used in Japanese in a way similar to how Latin and Greek words are used in English, and have the same educated-sounded quality to them.

You can use the Chinese readings as nouns, as in 分, ブン or フン meaning portion or minute. They can also be combined with other words into verbs, as in 訳する, ヤクする meaning to translate, or adjectives like 凛たり, リンたり meaning cold or dignified. And they can also be combined together into compound words, either borrowed from Chinese or as new inventions by the Japanese.

The readings in ひらがな are the 訓読み, the native Japanese words that were assigned to the kanji by the Japanese. They have a much different sound to them than the one-syllable Chinese readings, as in 泉・いずみ or 源・みなもと. They can also be inflected words with okurigana endings, like 走る、早い、静か.

he is not my friend, but I'm not on bad terms with him. みたいな意味だよ

ちゅうしょくちゅうでかなえちゃんはあたりめをしゃぶりながらうちのおなかのちゅうしんにうちわをたてられていた。
昼食中で香苗ちゃんは当たりめをしゃぶりながら内のお腹の中心に団扇を立てられていた。
中食中で中ちゃんは中たりめをしゃぶりながら中のお中の中心にうちわを立てられていた。(´ε` )

where's the Anki collection.media folder in Anki?

Who /learningthewronglanguage/ here?

What do you mean by pharmacy?
A drugstore? Or one of those little places next to the doctor's office that fills your scripts?

You should research the name of the medicine you want and ask for it.
If you called CVS and said "yeah man I gotta cough, you got anything for me" I'm pretty sure they'd tell you to fuck off

I would delete that field entirely from your deck tbqh. Don't worry about the readings on their own. Learn them through words.

Not an image but a short chapter from an anthology comic. The art style was soft and warm but I couldn't really read it at the time. It was pretty long into another drunken night at the time and it took ages but I looked up most of the words to piece together what I could and by the end there were tears in my eyes but for the first time in ages it provoked a deeply buried desire for humanity. The next day I sat down and spent some time online looking for grammar guides and things like that, so it was kind of one of the straw which broke the camels back and pushed me into wanting to seriously learn the language. Up until that point I had learned the kana and how they were pronounced via an app, but it was mainly something to do on my ipod touch during lunch at work.

Reading it now still makes me smile. Should probably focus more on warm things instead of spending time around here. (´・ω・`)
my.mixtape.moe/pamoew.jpg

apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#file-locations

Reading Hanahira.

What is this "教えてくんないの"

>佳織ちゃん教えてくんないのー?

Is it actually "教えてくれない" ?

You are correct. ら・る・れ are often shortened to ん before ない or の.

yes

Hey, you here, you might know. Why is this so interesting? I wasn't into Japanese cartoons or songs or whatever but bumped into quick guide with Hiragana on YouTube and process of learning was interesting. Then there is DJT kana site and learning had been fun so far. Why? It really bothers me why it's so much fun.
Kanji is up ahead for me. Is it going to be as fun?

Are you really crazy.

Once I learned the kana in 1 year. I would need to learn 23 years or so to learn the Jōyō kanj with this speed. Rate.

Reading the grammar is all fine and dandy, but where can I find some grammar exercises?
I've already done Genki, I'm looking for tons of exercises such the ones that we can find on the JLPT website.

kys/10

眠らないと癒せないものがある
と in this sentence mean "if"?

You'd probably be able to find that sort of thing in the N2 and N1 総まとめ and 完全マスター books in the CoR, as well as drill books for the 日本語能力試験 and ビジネス日本語能力テスト.

Yes.
"Don't sleep, and it won't heal."

Thanks a lot.

Not sure is that was sarcastic or not. Hope you find something useful, either way. The CoR is full of random stuff.

Pardon me, didn't mean to sound sarcastic at all.
I think I'll go with the 完全マスター.

From memory some of those books have missing answer sheets, something to keep in mind. There is a site that has a collection of these sorts of books, which should be the top result if you do a Google search for "yuki-nezumi blogspot", that may have answer books and more up to date versions of the stuff in the CoR.

The くれない here is the negative of 呉れる am I right?
Why the hell is neither rikai nor jisho telling me that it could be that?

Am I in the wrong here?

Because dictionaries don't account for slurred speech.

Tae Kim mentions this in his Complete Guide but not his Grammar Guide.
guidetojapanese.org/learn/complete/slang_patterns

Not entirely related but I came across a cool site for 宮崎弁.
geocities.jp/mnjrh560/m-dic/html/index.html
geocities.jp/mnjrh560/m-dic/html/tdv214.html?#13159380390101
Some stupid part of myself has an urge to collect all these random dialect resources and put together a dictionary file for rikaisama.
さかしんぱち、what a word.