What can Sup Forums tell me about this rug? Roughly 24.75" (67.945 cm) x 46.25" (117.475cm). Tastes like a rug...

What can Sup Forums tell me about this rug? Roughly 24.75" (67.945 cm) x 46.25" (117.475cm). Tastes like a rug, but cleaner.

Either a prayer mat or some sort of Taj Mahal design.

Does it stink like curry?

It smells like a clean rug, not like curry or street poo.

>prayer mat
Am I dressed appropriately to use it? I'm new to prayer mat ownership.

Rug guy, Machine made prayer rug, nothing special.

Take your shoes off. Fine otherwise.

It appears that this rug makes you a faggot, OP.

A faggot.

K I L L Y O U R S E L F

I'd pay about $40 for it.

That's a muslim prayer rug

>rug guy
post rug stories now

sorry

>K I L L Y O U R S E L F
Oh, just because I own a prayer rug you think I'm going to snackbar myself now? I can't believe I have to deal with such bigotry. IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR.

>post feets
LEWD!

Any idea if it's region-specific to anywhere, or is it pretty generic?

There's not really any good rug stories, just a lot of piss covered rugs sitting in all your houses. OP's rug is usually something military guys buy oversea's and get scammed on spending way to much money on... If they call you my friend, your getting fucked.

If it wasn't machine made and you flip it to the backside I'd be able to more than likely tell you but that one is pretty generic.

I don't have any good pictures on me right now but some friends of mine did this one

Here's the backside, anyway, based RugGuy. What all do you do with rugs?

Clean, Dye/Strip, Repair, and ID them.

is this war loot from your time in iraq?

you Can tell that is Machine Made btw because the back of the rug is probably perfect or nearly perfect while a hand made rug would have knots where the weft yarns broke, also the fringe of your rugs is sewn on instead of coming from the Warp yarns. And on the side cord you can probably see the stitching which you wouldn't see on a handmade one.

>repair
Is this worth fixing as a hobby project? How would I best go about the repair?

It's a Muslim prayer rug, you can be them for $10 in Mecca.

do you live in australia by the way?

My house straddles the equator, so sometimes the photos get flipped if I'm in the southern part of the house.

If you like the rug than is it always worth it. I wouldn't recommend fully repairing it because its not a valuable piece but you could probably just re-secure the ends so no more of the rug falls apart. Always vacuum parallel to the fringes

Thanks, I do like the rug. Any ideas on how to best hang it on a wall? I was going to sandwich it between two 1" wide pieces of wood just below the top fringe and secure the wood to the wall.

Staples

you can take a strip of Velcro and hidden stitch it on the back of the rug and just a small wood block with the other half of the Velcro on it.

That won't mess it up? How do I safely remove them later? I end up ripping my targets every time I try to pull the staples out of them at the range.

though you could also just do a tack if you want something quick and easy, it's not a heavy rug so as long as you don't yank it off it should be fine

essentially something like this

That velcro mount looks pretty slick, I think I'll do one of those because it looks cool, sounds the safest, and would be good practice if I ever need to do it to a nice rug or tapestry. Thanks a bunch.

No problem, don't trust the other guy that works at staples or whatever.

Never trust the staple lobby.

Muslim prayer mat, i have the exact same one. >inb4 sandnigger

Sauce on the origin, sandniceperson?

idk, parents had it =before i was born, gave it to me for prayers when i left, ill go check for tags or anything rn.

am back, no tags or anything on it.

Mine doesn't have any, either. Thanks for checking sandbro.

dude the image on the left is mecca or represents it. you put the left part facing towards mecca when you pray. you kneel on the right part. you staple in on the wall and you might get stoned by your moose-lamb friends.

dont listen to
if your not muslim and anyone asks, just sya it is a gift and you like it as a decoration, they do decorate them quite a bit and make great peices of art in the right area.

you can use it to cover chairseats or couches if it fits the style. it can be quite comfy and its easier to clean than the chair.

>you might get stoned by your friends
>friends
I'm on Sup Forums.

Are there any display/handling/storage taboos I should be aware of?

well nailing a prayer mat to a wall isnt agood idea around extremists but just clean it every so often, do get it dusty or dirty. and dont use it as a towel. I personally wouldnt give a shit if you had it on the wall. just take it down if isis comes knocking on your door. u never know

>do get it dusty or dirty.
fuck
*dont get it dusty or dirty.