Ask a Guitar Center shift lead anything

Ask a Guitar Center shift lead anything

Bamp

Why haven't you grown up yet?

No idea, just haven't

fuck you. guitar center is the taco bell of music stores. you guys fucking suck.

Describe the hottest girl that came into your shop. Who was she with?

I like to think of it as the wal mart of music stores

The sorority girls come in to buy ukuleles, other than then it's mostly hippy chicks they look decent but smell bad

Accurate

Howm much do you get payed? Also what state

that's an even better comparison.

But really it all depends on the guitar center you go to, each one is different, smaller stores typically treat you better, LA stores everyone is up their own ass.

ive lived in a small city with one, and i could not stand it. i'm sure it's much worse in places like LA or detroit.

The pay is shitty and the commission is worse, it's usually minimum wage with small yearly increases. The commission can either be really good for the top riders or really shitty for everyone else. Work with leads because they aren't commissioned and can usually take a few bucks off its slow

>L.A.
Everyone is like that over there

so anyway what kinda music do you play OP, what are your instruments of choice?

Very true

Drums is my main instrument, but I play guitar too. I've played in a few bands mostly punk.

Age?

would you suck a massive steamer from Andy Sixx's anus?

Depends on the sale

Is there any way I can go to Guitar Center without being blindsided with warranties all the goddamn time. I'm surprised they aren't offering that shit when I buy a pack of guitar strings or amp cords

who's your favorite drummer? my 2 favs are tim alexander and ray barretto.

Ha yeah, pro coverage is cool for cymbals, and cheap shit. The 5 year plans are worth it for high end stuff because it covers refretts

The gamestop of music stores

Tim Alexander had been my favorite since I was a kid, I lounge Danny Carey too but I'm not a big tool fan

That works as well

dont you love the little kids who come in and beat the fuck out of the drums and have no idea what they're doing.

wtf is a guitar centre shift lead?

This

Not so much, never by floor model cymbals unless they add the coverage for free or cheap

it was nice haering him play again on the chocolate factory album.

It's a manager that doesn't get paid what a manager does

Do you get tired of hearing guys come in all day to test out guitars and basically wanking it?

Also, who is more annoying to listen day-in and day-out: the metal players or the blues players that come into the store?

Do you work with a bunch of fags like the one where I live? Is it a requirement to suck dick to work there?

Post her tits levi

Equally annoying ha, it's cool to test shit out, but keep it at a reasonable volume

knobs
why does my guitar vol knobs and pickup switch put out a scrachy noise whenever i use them ?

I like everyone that works with me now, but there used to be annoying people, mostly in pro audio, wanna be djs

Hit them with some deoxy

Levi

I'm not Levi

did it with half a can... still scratchy

Huh, let me walk you over to my guitar tech cuz im retarded.

I used to own a music store. It was a family business. Had to close up because of places like guitar center selling stuff for less than cost i.e.: "Loss leaders" but the real crime is that those places push manufacturers to make stuff cheaper and cheaper until quality sucks.

mk
i have a epiphone bjorn gelotte les paul , gf got it for me ... so now i'm kinda stuck with it ... i found a guitar teacher .. already talked to the guy and i'm supposed to start tomorrow so sending it back for warranty is out of the question. i'm not a moron i can solder some new potentiometers on it ... but i have no ideea on what type.

How much do the guitar tech's get payed?

I'd bring it in, have a tech look at it, won't cost you anything unless you have them work on it

I don't know exactly, I think it's approx. $15/hr

How much did I get overcharged for my Casio Privia PX-350MBK?

will do .... thank you

How much did you pay?

$749.99 at my local one

Eh a little bit, I think $699 is standard.

Least favorite song you hear tested on a guitar? Most common genre(s) people play? Least common?