Any oldfags willing to give me some life advice?

Any oldfags willing to give me some life advice?

Marriage and kids is a lifestyle ive never wanted but the thought of getting old and having nobody there is starting to weigh on me. Whats life like as you get older i guess.

Depressing but also depressing

Fair enough, ive always though life would end up being depressing as fuck. Just trying to minimize that

Being lonely sucks as you get older. Find someone while ur young

Not all women are hot, but all women are crazy.

You don't get to choose which ones find you attractive, so settle early.

My step aunt hasn't been married in 20 years. She is easily into her 50s but chooses to have a "life partner" with a man. She was with one life partner for 15 years then he and her had a mutual split. The down side is division of assets since you aren't married but it gives you the sense of marriage and companionship without all the shit that goes with marriage.

i often feel i would rather be lonely than possibly live with someone i resent and do not like.

This seems to be a good way to go about it but it seems difficult to find someone into this. Every girl ive dated has been dead set on marriage and its always been an issue for me and the relationship. It always gets turned back at me by them going. well, if you truly love someone then you would want to marry them.

Well again my aunt is from a different time and she also has quite a bit of money so marriage is pretty much not an option for her so she doesn't lose her wealth.

Thankfully she lives in a state that doesn't have a bs law where it's like you live with someone for x amount of years you're married. I think Texas has one.

The biggest problem old people face is loneliness. Act now to avoid it later. I proposed to my mediocre gf at 33, since then the issues that bothered me didn't really go away but we are better. Also, we have a kid and a 2nd on the way. The kids really bring you closer, and you learn to live with mediocrity. Then you realize many married couples face serious relationship problems that make non married couples problems seem micky mouse.

Thats life man. Every day you are not committing is a day you rob yourself of spending with your spawn, and robbing them of your company. The choice is clear.

>old people face is loneliness

Nigga old people fuck like rabbits. I use to live in Baltimore County which at one point had the second highest senior citizen population behind God's waiting room in Florida.

Old people are horny fucks. They pass stds around like fucking teens.

I'm 33, been with same girl since 21, we got married after 11 years together. Just had our daughter in December. I never thought I wanted marriage and kids tbh. I'm honestly really happy with how my life has turned out so far. I think if you re going to marry you need to really spend alot of time together first, lots of ppl marry to early and don't really know the person, those are the ppl who et cheated on or whine that they changed. And as far as kids, mine is so fucking amazing it's unreal. Having a kid is this crazy emotional feeling that ppl talk about but you don't know until it happens to you. Wouldn't change anything except maybe have more money. Key to my relationship success? I'm selfish sometimes, my family is first.most of the time but I reserve some of my time and money for myself, I have a shit ton of hobbies, guns, martial arts etc.

Some. Listen, they're as lonely as young people that keep fucking around with no spouse/end in sight, except their choices are thinner and grosser.

Life's a bitch when you get older. Now post moar of this girl

I look at my friends around me who have kids and theyre fucking miserable. Although i think now that his kid isnt a pile of mush hes starting to like it more. The waiting a long time is always what i thought, but there are only so many times you can do that before it starts to get down to the wire. Which fucking terrifies me

Girl is 10/10. Post her nudes

Kill yourself before it's too late

It has to be love, reciprocal love, or just "meaningless" companionship for sex or whatever. Life's too important to waste with people who aren't the one, and The One does exist if you're up to snuff.

I'm 32 and barely go out of the house if I don't have a legit reason to, like work or shopping. The only long term relationship I've had was long distance (and it was a combo of that distance and my inexperience/youth that cost me the One.) I'd need a wingman to help me break the ice meeting people, but I don't even have that. I don't go out to social events if I have no one to go with...and I never have anyone to go with. I've practically given up on being able to handle a serious, stable relationship with anyone, much less a woman. Every day I get a little crazier. I know I'm not going to find someone at this rate. I've more or less accepted that.

I'm going to die alone with only my sister to mourn me...and I don't even know why she'd bother.

Damnit, I need a feels thread now...

I agree with this. Now post moar nudes

40 years old in 2 weeks. Got married young, 23. Had a kid. Got divorced 12 years later. Now that I'm single, looking back, I don't know why I thought it was so goddamn important to get married and have a kid. Plus side is, my son is 16 so he's basically ready to get out on his own and I fuck countless twenty-somethings and I love not being tied down to just one woman. Lifesgoodbro.webm

Plus I'm older, have a career, and money. When you get older, life is so much more interesting and exciting with endless possibilities. Anyone who says it gets harder is a fucking idiot, 40 year old virgin or some shit.

If you feel like you're ready for the commitment of married life and a family, I say go for it. It's an experience, good or bad. But don't think life will be empty the longer you focus on yourself. That's bullshit.

>tfw the one i considered the one is now a heroin addict with stds because she just fucks dudes on tinder now

I know that it has to be reciprocated but fuck dude. Meeting people is fucking hard for me. The worst part for me is the inital, first conversation. if it picks up from there im fine, but im a fucking aspie when it comes to starting the conversation

i dont have any, just a few cocktease pictures i pulled off her fb

Sauce? Google shows nothing...

You gotta find someone who has their own shit going on, in terms of having a career and having a group of friends that is separate from your friends. That way, you spend plenty of time apart. Remain childfree, and then you'll have a good mix of time with your friends, time to yourself, and time with your significant other.

Pretty much this tbh fam.

this is one of the things that makes me feel like life is what you make of it.

Indeed it is. You can choose not to leave the house and live a mediocre life, or you can choose to make the most of it. It's pretty cliche but when I was a young man in the navy I was broke, lonely, and didn't know myself very well. It took going through a divorce and losing a lot of shit I thought I needed to define who I was to discover who I wanted to be in just a few years. Life is fucking strange that way, brother.

It is. It really is. Honestly, I'm not that miserable about where my life is...except when I compare it to the world around me. I'm starting to grow beyond it, but every now and again...

Marraige is a trap. All of the jokes about ball and chain and all that are not jokes, very serious. I'm 51 and 2 kids and have several unmarried childless friends my age that are very happy. I live in a miserable prison that I have created for myself. I wont divorce my wife until my kids are 18, so I have at least 9 years to go. Marraige and kids should only be for those who have always known they want those things.

This game of life is a weird one for me. Every one in a while ill start going to the gym and ill feel on top of the fucking world. Then ill have a month or two where i feel like absolute dogshit and i cant motivate myself to do a goddamn thing. its a cycle ive been trying to break myself out of but its fucking hard

im asuming you at least somewhat enjoy your kids though. My big issue is if when im 50+ ill get sick, or something and ill have nobody next to me. i really like the idea of a life partner as one user was talking about but i dont think im going to really find anything like that anytime soon

Everyone has ups and downs. That's called life. You learn to modulate it with activity. Try not to stay sedentary for too long. I started doing 8-10 mile day hikes in the mountains on the weekends. It helped break the monotony of everyday life. Plus it's good exercise. Doesn't have to be that per se, just find something to do that involves forcing you out of yourself for awhile.

If you figure it out, let me know how. I tend to move in time with the seasons. Now that it's spring and sunny where I live, I feel badass most of the time. My life really is pretty good, all things considered. When late fall and winter come back, I'll wall myself at home and want zero human contact.

Can't shake the feeling I'm "wrong" for being me, though. I keep working on it but a way beyond that eludes me. Also, thanks for letting me whine in someone else's thread.

I used to fuck around a lot in my early 20's (former bartender at a busy, 'happening' type place). Never wanted to get married. HATED kids. Never ever wanted kids.

At 26 I met this girl who was 20 and HOT AS FUCK. I started dating her just to get in her pants. Turns out, she was cool as fuck, down to earth, and smart. I figured it would be done after a year.

That was 20 years ago.

We have 3 kids now, all well under 10. Best thing ever. Love my wife and kids. Wish she still had that body she did at 20, but....she's not fat like most women her age, so there's that.

Life couldn't be better really. Happy as hell.

BUT, there's one thing nobody seems to talk about: midlife depression. That's really what a "midlife crisis" is. Nobody ever told me that. I thought a midlife crisis was like you wish you were young, buy a vette, etc. Not at all. What really happens is you get lonely as fuck. Most of your friends are off with their families, or spread around the country. And all of them are too busy or too pussy whipped to go out and do anything. Like...ever. Motherfuckers sit home and nobody ever does anything. Want to have fun? Find shit to do with your kids, cause there isn't shit else to do.

Get a fuckin hobby. That seems to be the midlife thing to do. You're bored as fuck so you gotta find something to do.

Nobody tells you about that shit, but I see it first hand. When I read awhile back that the leading age group for depression and suicide was middle aged men, I was 100% not surprised at all. Women still do their shit: they have fuckin hen parties/wine parties etc where they sit around with their cunty friends and cackle. Guys? Nah. Nobody doin nothing. If you got a hunting or fishing buddy you see now and then you're doing good. Get a hobby.

It's weird how this big thing that I see with literally every guy I know my age never gets talked about.

Kids and being married are great though. Its the other stuff you gotta watch for

im aware. A problem i have is i dont know how to find groups to do and get involved with shit im into.

i actually understand this very well. and for a second i thought i wrote this post. I get out and do more in the warmer months but in winter i pretty much want to blow my brains out all the time even though everything i usually do has the same level of accessibility. its just cold outside

>getting married
>2017

You don't need to be married to pretend to own a woman, nigga. Find a submissive one that has been raped in the past and will lick ass and let you choke and slap and face fuck her, and then mock her when she has flashbacks. It's what whores deserve.

I'm only 20 but fugg, this shit sounds like quite the challenge
Cheers for the pointers anons

Dude, get it over with before you get old. I have a 16 year old daughter and I just turned 30. Im not saying do it as young as I did, but Im happy that she has a car now and dude it's not like a goddamn prison sentence having to deal with her ass all the time, going to soccer, chauffering her to and from school. it sucks but its almost over with. Now marriage can make people crazy. I'm currently married to a 26 year old mexican chick who's down as fuck but crazy as shit dude. If she even think's I'm for a second fucking another woman dude, it's on like donkey kong. But all in all dude, unless you're black jk jk it's a sort of a lifestyle you can adapt to. I work my ass off for those 2 women because I love them (and also because I have to pay my ex gf child support).

i had this. now shes . Ever since ive gotten my asshole licked my life hasnt been the same

Before you decide to make a move I suggest going away on your own to find yourself. Get to grip with life then think hard about what you want. If it's kids and marriage you feel go for it. But make sure it's the right move.

Getting rimmed is quite the life changing experience, I agree. If a woman isn't willing to lick ass, she is 100% undateable in my opinion. If she can't sexually reciprocate, then we are not compatible. IF you choose to marry, she's gonna hold every last thing she can against you when the honeymoon phase is over and it fully sinks in that you're stuck with her. Pussy has destroyed nations, don't let it destroy you user.

relevant thread

>overweight, poor family, bald, ugly at 18
>permavirgin
>graduate, good company, get fit at 24
>get laid
>love life, love sex
>travel the world
>30 years old, make twice my parents salary, life is ok
>fucked more girls last year I did in my entire life
but

Its a bit too "easy" now, I dont have to invest any time into a girl to sleep with her. Neither do I feel interested to do so. I rarely meet anyone I care to talk a lot to and I dont really feel anything. Compared to my first which I slept with for years, I can barely call a girl a for a second round now unless she did something great.

I'm afraid I can't ever bring me to invest time in a woman since sex got so simple.

Any oldfag can relate?

Sex gets simple when you fuck basic bitches who are not satisfying you. Have you considered rape roleplay? Make shit psychological.

Yes and no. I've not had that experience (as one might guess from earlier) but I do see what you mean about it being "easy." I look around at how freely it's given and feel like something very special has become cheap and tawdry.

But that's just me. I feel on a different level that almost anyone I've gotten to know and I've kinda got Views (or just a fucked up brain, take your pick.)

Idk if youre still here or not. but if you have the coin i would suggest to get something like pic related. Find one that has a port where you can plug headphones in. You can get super sensitive microphones for them that let you hear shit you never even knew existed.

it heightens the fuck out of the experience of walking in the woods. its awesome.

really depends on you, OP.

i'm early 30's, been married for years, and have a 3 month old kid. i hate every minute of it. i wish i'd never married her, and i wish i'd never let her talk me into having a kid. i would rather be a penniless hobo waking up in the gutter somewhere, and every day i struggle not to just grab a backpack and walk away and disappear into the midwest and never look back.

but i'm one of those shitty people who doesn't really need or want people close to me. i'm happy being alone. i hate interacting with my family. i dread holidays when i have to go sit around and listen to everyone's boring bullshit and act like i give a fuck about their shitty children. i should have listened to that part of myself that said, "this isn't you, this is a mistake, you don't WANT a typical married-with-kids-married-to-a-job life where you do what you have to do because other people depend on you until the day you die."

it's not a bad way to go, it just wasn't right for me. but oh well, i was a fucking retard, and here i am, stuck doing shit i hate until the day i die.

>Have you considered rape roleplay?
I'm not looking for kinkier sex. I got plenty of offers for anal, threesomes, rims and such but turn it all down.

I'm concerned about finding a partner. I'm quite vanilla in sex.

>all these cucks saying to settle down and get married

Don't do it, OP. Find peace in your independent solitude. Develop yourself physically, mentally and financially.

Do not end up with shitstain kids in some soul-sucking relationship or marriage because you're lonely. Don't get divorce raped because shit changed, as it always does.

Rise above that shit. There's a difference between being lonely, and being alone.

Do drugs to ignore the pain retard

Soul destroying.

>Difference between being lonely, and being alone

Truth.

>I look around at how freely it's given and feel like something very special has become cheap and tawdry.
Yeah. It wasn't a big problem for me as younger when I fucked around in dorms. Everyone was fucking but there was some standard to it.

Now older it seems even the prettiest cutest office nerd takes several dicks a week. I pretend I don't care about it and girls keep sharing their fucked up stories with me.

>the thought of getting old and having nobody there is starting to weigh on me.

Why? There isn't literally anything better. Be free.

You are correct.

Beats the hell out of watching these two under 20 bitches fondle each other at work on a daily basis. It's just a game to them...and that pisses me off (irrationally.)

Its the though of the endgame. All of my friends are either dead or dying. Im just sitting alone in a room waiting to die. Thats what i dont want to happen to me. I do enjoy being free. The second to last relationship i had felt like a goddamn prison. I dont know if i can go back to that though

I feel like i lucked out on wife/kids a bit. Yah they drive me crazy, but i'd be literally lost without them. OK, maybe id just throw myself into my work more, but for what? married for 15 years, now 45, still have sex twice week. She is a great mom to our 2 girls. With all that said, i get together with about 10-15 other married guys last friday of every month and i'd say 3/4 of them have shitty marriages and hate it.

Like some others have been saying, the truth of the matter is that after 30 your priorities begin to shift. I get laid plenty, have kinky partners, etc. but I find myself sometimes looking forward more to gardening with the kid and planning a family vacation than doing drugs and having a 3-way or playing video games all weekend. I'm sure not everyone is the same, but I can say that ever since i hit 30, i've enjoyed settling down and taking care of myself (financially, medically, all that shit).

>Im just sitting alone in a room waiting to die

There's your issue, user. Revive your life by seeking out meaningful experiences through things that interest you. That's literally all you have to do.

The endgame is morbid, in the big picture. Nothing any human has done or will ever do has any inherent meaning relative to the universe, and we will eventually die out as a whole.

Knowing this, while you're here, why not make an effort to live comfortably and enjoy the fuck out of what little time you have left to do so?

life isnt worth living if u dont have a family, go find a girl.

>Revive your life by seeking out meaningful experiences through things that interest you
Not that user but how old are you?

I'm not saying the guy shouldn't find a hobby but you seem to argue like someone very young, in a negative way..

Marriage and all that family time shit sounds gay as fuck.

you're 12.

You sure got me, user.

enjoy being a lonely virgin retard browsing Sup Forums all your life

I feel that way sometimes bro, 32 been married 10 years, have 2 kids 5 and 7.

Make enough money and do well enough and you can pay your way out of some of that shit, there's always ways to improve your situation bro don't give up.

Hey, its OP. i got to leave but please keep talking/sharing your experiences. Id like to read them when i get back.

>Do not end up with shitstain kids

Too bad your dad didn't have this attitude when he was young

DO NOT worry about being alone when you're older. You'll find someone whether you want to or not.

What you need to be doing is living your youth (whatever you have left) to its absolute fullest, or you'll be regretting it like me.

Well I'm no virgin but browsing Sup Forums can be boring sometimes. Why are you so angry?

might start a new "life advice" thread or some shit when i get back if theres interest. Its something better than a constant flow of trap threads.

Smartest guy in this thread.

Craving social interaction is human nature, we do need to have relationships with other people, but if you cannot rely on yourself and be content with being alone that is your own problem that you need to work on.

Relying on other people for your happiness is a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I know from experience. Only once you stop looking for happiness in other people can you begin to find out what true happiness is.

Why would my age matter?

If you feel like you're qualified to be more helpful solely because you apparently have years on me, maybe you should share some of that wizardly oracle knowledge.

Age doesn't mean shit. I judge information by the information itself, not by who delivered it.

As a matter of fact, you're right. My mom raised me alone. If me not existing would've allowed her to live a more comfortable life without having to endure the bullshit she did as a result of my dad being an irresponsible fuckwit, I would prefer to have never been born.

>35
>acting like it's too late to make changes in your life and to yourself

what a fucking retard, no wonder that shitstain has no life

>well, if you truly love someone then you would want to marry them.

Why?
Marriage is just a paper and law thing. It doesn't have to mean you love each other more or less.
What I'm trying to say is you can love someone to death but don't want to marry.

explain that to my last gf who told me "if you dont want to get married someday then i dont know if we can be together"

Find a soul mate dude, not just some hot tits for brains bimbo. Im talking someone who shares your interests, can hold a conversation, doesnt sit mindlessly on facebook posting constant selfies and narrating their life on what their wearing and where their having a drink with their girlfriends. My wife and I play xbox together, take acid together and we only ever go on a night out if its together. Its all about you two when you find the one.

25 user here.

Chased love, got a gf at 20, shit crashed hard after 5 years.

I ask myself: why not spend my life on career, getting rich, see the world, fuck and party? Why settle down like 90% of all the ppl do while being chained on a job to maintain your house/wife/kids like a fkin slave?

I second this. Hell, I know a guy who told me he had an aunt and uncle who had been married for years...but lived in different houses. They love each other to death but each need their own spaces.

exactly. teh majority of people only get married because they dont think for themselves, they just do what society tells them to do. nobody stops to think abotu whether they actually want to get married, they just do it because "that's what you do when you're in love"

marriage in the modern world is pretty much retardedly pointless

Truth. My parents have always had separate bedrooms. Not as extreme but same idea. A real, strong relationship is nothing like what many people imagine it to be.

>marriage in the modern world is pretty much retardedly pointless
Truth

>Why would my age matter?
Because I appreciate different things in life now than I did five or ten years ago.

Personally I planned on dying when I hit 26. Spend everything I had and ride my bike until I crashed.

Things changed. What made me depressed as a 20 year old doesn't bother me shit today. What make me happy today wouldn't interest me back then.

I already traveled, succeeded shit I wanted to do and conquered many things I used to dream of. Now I find myself finding way more happiness from smaller things. Finding my favorite ice cream in a seven eleven makes me happier than the thought of going across country to see my favorite band live.

To compare with what you said, meaningful experiences and enoying the fuck out life might not be as important as safety and company once you had a bit of experience.

>why not spend my life on career, getting rich, see the world, fuck and party?
After seeing a bunch of countries and fucking a couple of girls while holding down a decent career, you may get other goals in life. I doubt op is 25 and having his crisis..

You're absolutely right, but my advice was given in direct response to what the other user initially said.

If he's in a room alone letting his life drag on by, would you not advise him to figure out his interests and follow them to better his life experiences?

You're right in that your interests and metrics of success and meaningful experiences change with time, but you're implying that I gave him a specific interest to pursue. I gave user very general advice that anyone with a brain would give to someone in that specific situation.

If the issue is that you're sitting around doing nothing and this bothers you, get up and do what you want to do. I still fail to see how this advice implicates my youth or otherwise lack of understanding the shifting nature of our desires.

I got my tubes tied last year (I'm 30). And I'm never getting married.

I'm not going to be responsible for some other persons life for years to come. (kids)

I'm not going to be signing a form in which I say I'm never going to leave this one woman. There's no way to know if it's going to work out. And there's no relationship improvement just by marrying.

OP. If you don't want kids and marriage, but you're going to do it to circumnavigate loneliness when you're old you're gonna have a bad time. Your kids and wife could even leave you before you get old. There's no guarantee they'll be there when you're old.

> Fucking your entire life up to possibly not be lonely when you're old.
Choose your own life dude.

Ask her why getting married is more important to her than being with you in a great relationship.
She'd need VERY good reasons.
If a girl would leave me because I don't want to marry her. She's obviously not my type of woman.

>If he's in a room alone letting his life drag on by, would you not advise him to figure out his interests and follow them to better his life experiences?
Nah you're right, ofcourse he has to lift his ass and get out to do something.

I'd motivate it by saying he needs to have a working life without a depression that locks him indoors to even consider getting a girlfriend, not by challenging him to seek any particular experiences, but not sure if we disagree in this.

I think the worst thing he could do would be to get in a relationship and rely on a girlfriend to be happy, that's toxic as shit.

>If a girl would leave me because I don't want to marry her. She's obviously not my type of woman.
Exactly.
I've never understood people who either try to change the person they're with, or want to change themselves in some ways or act differently than they normally do to be more attractive to the opposite sex.

Just be you. If you enter into a relationship not being true to yourself, the relationship isn't going to last because you can't keep up an act forever. By totally being yourself, you will attract the type if person you are actually compatible with. By pretending to be different, you attract the wrong type of people.

Also, if you don't want to get married and your gf does, or vice versa, that seems like a pretty big incompatibility.

Not getting married, never will. Save yourself and acquire currency, OP.
>Kids are also a big no no

>Get into a habit of saving half to two thirds of what you earn when you are living with your family so you don't get into a habit of spending money on stupid shit
>Spend 3 hours a week on your hobby
>Spend 3 hours a week exercising
>99% of life is showing up, do things and you won't be the inexperienced beta girls aren't interested in when you are older
>Seize any opportunity you can to meet new people and do interesting things
>Don't go shopping when you are hungry
>Consider if you REALLY want to buy something, give it a few days and avoid the hype trains for anything you don't need
>Don't spend money you don't have by getting a loan or overdraft
>Don't lend friends and family money
>Don't get into business with friends and family
>The older you get, single women are available to you get much worse, I'm not saying settle down young, but work towards a relationship before you are 24
>If you can't see a future with someone after 15 months together, end it, it wont get any better
>If the relationship didn't work the first time, it wont work next time
>Don't date someone just because you are single or lonely
>Don't be friends with wasters
>Don't be friends with thieves or addicts
>Don't share stories that aren't relevant to the topic at hand and don't have a start, middle and end
>Don't cry that you aren't successful with women if you aren't approaching at least one new woman a day (approaching and chatting to, not hitting on)
>You have a much easier time fucking women if you have your own place, consider the cost/benefits of living alone

Advising him to have a working life without depression is in itself a proposal to seek particular life experiences.

>worst thing he could do would be to get in a relationship and rely on a girlfriend to be happy, that's toxic as shit.

Agreed

getting married is no guarantee you won't be alone, more than half of marriages end in divorce.