youtube.com/watch?v=pUA9HVTNc7I
youtube.com/watch?v=4_HsmLcazZM
youtube.com/watch?v=bIGRV9RPJiM
youtube.com/watch?v=UlaAqbES6tc
youtube.com/watch?v=x8fG79rn9m4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=MFpgxrR9ir4

wow that sure was a drought
my copy of écailles de lune came in the post yesterday and I've been playing it out since

niceee

i've been listening to a lot of astronoid and planning for burial

I'm wondering if there's any albums that are of genre abstract hip-hop with a shoegaze style

youtube.com/watch?v=pAIODYDEhzg

Looking for more that has this sound. I'm getting a little tired of the slower, more mellow shoegaze. I want that energy.

youtu.be/My4j3vgFxbE

idk if its quite shugazi tho

Loved this.

Where do I go from here?

Yo why do you guys always make shoegaze threads every single day? Like I understand that you guys like it but literally like 5 of you contribute to this thread every day. Like honestly no one really cares about shoegaze, why don't you just listen to shoegaze without posting about it on here?

last thread was more than 2 days ago

>why don't you just listen to shoegaze without posting about it on here?

This is the dumbest question one could possible ask on a music board.

it's good dream pop
unfortunately i couldnt find a download

I did find this though:

Takashi Miyaki - The Dream
>dream pop
>not actually japanese
>reminds me of Mazzy Star

youtube.com/watch?v=W0bhf_JFsUE

mega.nz/#!tgtGzAJJ!y6cYWrq-C_5zpsueEWF1C2r7boNsxX5HCC_8AO_pdXs

why don't you just go cry without posting about it on here?
this

>Mazzy Star

Does anyone else find them a wee bit overrated?

Japs are great shoegazers!

youtube.com/watch?v=faq9ki9vdls

catch

www28.zippyshare.com/v/VrHLIcLA/file.html

I actually did find them pretty overrated, but they still had kind of a unique bluesy vibe to them that i liked despite myself. Check out my share it's like them but better imo.
Thanks friend!

hmm try Las Robertas/Vivan Girls (self titled is noisiest) maybe? Same sort of 50s pop vibe with some noise added and surfy undertones

This shit
If you need Romaji you're too pleb to into Japanese shūgeizā

But the point I'm making is that its such a small group of people that post on here that I'm guessing it's the same people. All of the people posting are clearly huge fans of shoegaze, so it's not like any of you are really introducing each other into anything new because you already know about it. I'm really not trying to be a dick or an idiot, I just don't understand the point of continuously making threads to just keep talking about how much you enjoy the genre

>it's not like any of you are really introducing each other into anything new because you already know about it

I've learned about 5 bands from this thread alone. It's probably the same people most of the time but these threads sometimes hit around 75 unique posters.

You're quite oblivious to the vastness of the music scene. And you should consider that this is not r9k: this board is not filled with frogs that are here all day everyday because nogf. Some of use visit the board only once a week or so.
So no, it's not the same people, not the same thread, not the same music. Go be stupid somewhere else.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rLK0_QT2LS0

What's the issue with a small quiet circlejerk taking up one thread when there's probably five or six Sup Forumsbait or waifu threads with 20 IPs each cluttering up the catalog at any given time

WEED

Thanks! Downloading now!
You might want to try this
youtube.com/watch?v=odObj1sigD0

I just finished this, was pretty good.

/Shugazi/ always gives me recs I never would have found on my own and I end up enjoying almost all of them. May not be the fastest or most popular general, but imo the best on the board.

bump

rkursem.com/poll/view.php?id=9b0020c63cc784084
Here's the running 2017 poll
Current favorites from the year are pic related

>tfw still no new Grouper

no-debt.bandcamp.com/

This is great, think I found my Bandcamp AOTY already

Yeah that I like that track quite a bit, thanks for the share

Thanks man I'll check them out

Sorry, I'll go back to posting about Sup Forums essentials or baity shitposts

im not really that into the new slowdive
the new spectres tho was real nice

damn i should have listened to a place to bury strangers a while ago

I'd be mad if I didn't already know its shinsei kamattechan

nipgaze is so overrated, save for luminous orange and coaltar of the deepers

cotd fucking suck
they're basically nu metal
yukari telepath is kind of ok though

at least they're unique, which i know it's not really that important
point in watercolour, kinoko keikoku, tokyo shoegazer are just generic as fuck

Reposting again

Riverside - Taste (1994)

>janglepop, Shoegaze, Dreampop

mega.nz/#!YMUUgQIZ!iPpODwh8s5_5QkRFuMF3tp5fKl2h8NfpsuT9gOVGBVI

Honestly I'd say the most original sounding groups on that chart are the electronic-heavy, Vocaloid-focused ones or the older, Shibuya-kei-influenced ones
To be fair though if you listen to any array of shoegaze bands for originality your choices are going to be exponentially fewer

youtube.com/watch?v=zY_53V-_4vM

how can anyone hype half the bland bandcamp-tier bands that get posted in these threads and then complain that bands like Tokyo Shoegazer are generic

bandcamp-tier bands are more 'musical' sometimes

youtube.com/watch?v=pUA9HVTNc7I

Because they usually have potential and their projects may get better and better if they continue on. Nobodys first bandcamp projects are incredible. The ones that suck will fizzle out on their own anyway. Tokyo Shoegazer has been around for a while.

>honestly no one really cares about shoegaze
I love shoegaze. If you don't care about it, you can leave the thread. Nobody is forcing you to be here.

This is the worst feel of all.

examples?

I forget this is the same group of people who unironically think bands like Whirr and Nothing have released anything worthwhile

i hate both

I think shoegaze is possibly the most robust its been since it's inception and is perfectly deserving of a perpetual thread. I just fucking despise the OP thread styles. Literally everything about it right down to the insipid name. However since I'm not trying to make better threads, I suppose I have absolutely no right to complain like I did the other day when I drunkenly freaked out on OP

windy & carl
youtube.com/watch?v=4_HsmLcazZM

Still can't get over how good Slowdive were live. The end of Catch the Breeze when they went all-out with the flashing lights is a top 5 concert experience.
Currently listening to Helen, that shoegaze band with Liz Harris. Pretty good stuff even if it's pretty generic.
I couldn't really get into Astronoid, they just sounded cheesy and overly busy, there was none of the atmosphere that should come with shoegazey guitars.
Like "Periphery with reverb pedals"
Great album, I like the slowcore vibe on some of the later songs. They remind me of Mazzy with the country influences less overt.
Props for Heretoir, probably my metal AOTY so far. Surprised and disappointed it hasn't been getting any attention.

anyone know where I can find Ride - Live at Reading 1992?

Can someone rec some shoegaze with really soft and high-pitched female vocals?
Stuff like Whirr's Distressor (specifically Sandy), or the new 揺らぎ album specifically

I liked it much more than their S/T, even if my favorite of the tracks by far is the one with Neige on it

youtube.com/watch?v=bIGRV9RPJiM
sadly just found out about this dude like a week ago

youtube.com/watch?v=UlaAqbES6tc

>1. L.A.P.D. Prelude
>12. L.A.P.D. Finale
>13. L.A.P.D.
what

Beck - Blackhole

I thought that the first time I listened to STTIMS but lately I've been really loving all of their records.

Yeah I was never able to dig their s/t even though I love most of the other yuro-blackgaze. They really focused their sound on this one, there's a nice post-rock influence that doesn't make them sound limp-wristed like it does to a lot of other bands, and the production and pacing are both really good. Easy to listen to in one sitting, I feel a lot of shoegaze suffers from having too many different sounds which makes it hard to get immersed in a full album.
Hope they tour the US sometime in the future, though I kind of doubt it
13 is a bonus track, an extended jam of the short theme that opens and closes the album.

Have you checked out the new Archivist album? I might actually like it more than The Circle

I have not, but
>Blackgaze, Atmospheric Sludge Metal, Post-Rock, Post-Hardcore, Crust Punk
looks promising. Is it similar to the new Oathbreaker? Or sludgier?

There's a couple tracks in the middle that are definitely moreso
Have you heard their first album? It's really just a more professional progression from that sound

I haven't, I actually hadn't heard of them before seeing them on the chart (which surprised me bc I love post-metal/sludge stuff)
Will definitely check them out when I get home though

jesus and mary chain of course

>wah, delete constructive threads
go back to your grimes general and kanye circle jerking then

Pleb here, i like this and turnaround. I tried loveless but only like the first track because muh guitars. got any recs or am i beyond salvation?

Try pic related

Loveless is a dense album and not everyone likes the denseness. My guess is that you like the lighter and airier sounding shoegaze. Try pic related

pic related

It's a concentrated group of people in a focused thread, actually discussing the genre of music that they like the most, sharing new discoveries. I don't even frequent this thread and even I can clearly see it's everything Sup Forums should be, you doofus.

it's good

youtube.com/watch?v=x8fG79rn9m4

A lot of pinkshinyultrablast's stuff does a good job of playing around with space and noise
Check out their first album

I'm actually being 100% honest.

About what

About
>what are you listening to right now?

Also I'm remembering how several years ago people would joke about Justice, the Avalanches and Daft Punk all being scheduled to play at some make believe music festival. This, of course, was before they each came back and released new ultra mediocre material.