Give me one reason why this club should not be allowed into the English football league pyramid ??

Give me one reason why this club should not be allowed into the English football league pyramid ??
They have dominated their league for the past few seasons and even with their rivals back they show no signs of stopping anytime soon.
>large global fan base
>big history and trophy cabinate
>world renowned club
>good record against top English sides when they play
>lots of ex-player who have/ are currently doing well in the premier league

Give me some proper reasons why Celtic should not be allowed south of the boarder ??

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/16/plans-to-increase-number-of-professional-english-clubs-to-100-co/
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37998768
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Give me one reason why this club should not be allowed into the English football league pyramid ??
They are not English.

Neither are Cardiff and Swansea

Celtic have definitely shown they can compete in England after drawing twice against Man City.

Neither are Swansea or Cardiff.

Celtic and Rangers don't want to join because they don't want competition.

>Wales isn't rightful English clay
fuck right off traitors

They are allowed to play in England because they are older than the Welsh league.

I'm sure the FA would let them in, in a heartbeat, along with Rangers too just to make money out of the old firm, the only thing that would stop it would be people trying to stop it North of the border

They'd Start at least in the Regional League, at most at the Championship.

the whole english/scottish/welsh/nornireland division should have been ended decades ago, both on the club and national team level.

Also Monaco should not be allowed to play in the french league.

Both clubs would absolutely snap the chance off your hand if it was given to them

>american
>calling ireland traitor
kek

rangers cant even handle the spfl never mind the premier league

>give one reason.

The shitty English clubs are the ones who get to decide. Why would they allow a team that's better than them with more money to come into their league? It's turkeys voting for Christmas.

There are alot of examples of teams from one country playing in another's league

It's by no means a barrier

Just let them rot in Scotland and bring Celtic to the EPL.

There are no other teams in Monaco than AS Monaco. They have to play somewhere.

The EFL clubs specifically voted not to allow celtic in two months ago. They're terrified of them.

We don't backward Glaswegians travelling to England every other weekend.

Wales is part of the Kingdom of England

there are over 200 fully profesional clubs in the uk. do you really think people from portsmouth want to go watch an away match in coleraine or someone from dundee to plymouth? no is the answer.

No, they would all want them to join the english leagues because ultimately the club owners and chairman want to make money, having Celtic and Rangers in the league would create more TV money which is distributed fairly between all the teams.

They don't want to join.
Rangers had a couple of bad years, now they are up again.
Celtic and Rangers are Championship level teams. Of course if they joined the Championship they would get to the EPL eventually, at least Celtic.

>We don't backward Glaswegians travelling to England every other weekend.
>we don't backward

>English education

How many examples are there of clubs moving from a league they've played in for 100 plus years because they perceive themselves as superior?

>epl
You mean EFL? Championship is already in that

That's a cunty behaviour if it's true.

They voted against it two months ago.

>perceive

You're retarded if you don't think Celtic are miles ahead of their """""competition"""""

>Celtic and Rangers are Championship level teams

Celtic would be a mid-table Premiership team easily. Clearly far better than utter shite like Swansea and Hull, based on the 2 games against city and home game v Barca

The Australian national team

football fans already make journeys like that all the time.

>perceive

Are you implying they aren't ??

And there are plenty of examples of clubs switching leagues , not for those exact reasons but it is allowed - hollow argument mate

I'm sure the lower division teams voted against it but I bet most premier league teams voted for it.

Cunty behaviour to not want a foreign team entering your league that has a much bigger budget? How fucking entitled is that

>EPL teams voting on EFL matters

wew lad.

there are much larger countries than UK that manage having just one league perfectly fine. Russia and Brazil being perfect examples. The division in UK happened because those were first national federations and they played against each other because the rest of the world wasn't interested yet. That was the only reason. They should have united after world cup and european cup were established.

Premier league didn't vote

There is no reason for Celtic to join the English system. I know it's in the Scottish DNA to want to grab English money to make themselves successful, but you are on your own. Why don't you spend time making your own league better.

>They should have united after world cup and european cup were established.
What about in the 20 years in the middle?

Fair enough but I'm only really thinking of the premier league here, if the premier league got to decide on it it would happen tomorrow.

>foreign
a large majority of english people spent most of 2014 saying the opposite re: scotland, football fans especially I can only imagine

>it's another "Celtic & Rangers should be in the PL" thread
If that happened, Scottish football would immediately die.

Smelltic fans getting big headed because they drew with an apathetic Man City B side who'd already finished second.

Literally impossible when you've got Sky pumping stupid money into a league just down the M8. Celtic in the EPL would earn the money with their massive world wide fanbase and brand.

>fans spend years claiming to fight against english "oppression"
>cry about the english not accepting them into their league

The most pathetic club in existence

The argument would be to merge the two Irish leagues and the three British leagues

If people from Portsmouth aren't willing to travel for games that is their problem , why dont we just send Newcastle Sunderland and Middlesbrough into the spfl be alot handler

Again not exsctly; why would the shitty EPL teams want to give up a spot for themselves to a superior team? It's retarded

We are talking about them being vastly superior to their Scottish opposition you seething retard

>if the premier league got to decide on it it would happen tomorrow

Why?

It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you say "EPL". It makes you sound retarded

>why dont we just send Newcastle Sunderland and Middlesbrough into the spfl be alot handler
Berwick Rangers already do this as they're basically on the Scottish border.

Nah its because we are smashing the Scottish league continuously and show no signs of stopping which is why we know we are too good for it

Because the shitty teams would make more money from the TV money which would make it easier for them to come straight back up if relegated

No, the money is already there thanks to the big English teams and great marketing. Adding Celtic will be negligible in the big scheme of things. Plus it just opens the doors to a load of other teams demanding to join the system too.

Plus your fans are trouble

It's a common phrase on Sup Forums and the name of the general for the competition. If thay bothers you that much that you can't respond then neck yourself and remove your autism.

Why doesn't this supposed world wide fan base earn them money now? They're pretty skint much, gasping for that CL money

>on Sup Forums
>doesn't have any autism
You normies really don't belong here

oh, and I also think it's funny this thread has been made on the back of a draw away to Man City reserves who couldn't give less of a fuck about the game if they tried

>Celtic and Rangers are Championship level teams
That's a meme, Celtic would be mid-table in the Premiership.

There's still one less spot for them. This is simple.

>Your fans are trouble
Celtic fans are generally renowned for being great wherever they go. Maybe not subdued like most of the customers in England but never criminal.

The basis for this is that Celtic are simply too good for the spfl and in the interest of competition it's only fair to allow them into English football

The only other team that might potentially follow suit would be rangers

Remindre that Celtic lost to a team from Gibraltar

I meant that perfectly they should have united after world cup was established and at the very latest after the european cup. Because the original reasons for division were gone, and because it's ridiculous and unfair that UK gets to have 4 national teams and a whole army of teams storming european competitions every season.

Also, everyone would benefit. Britsh League would be even stronger and more prestigious, clubs from scotland, nornireland and wales would get a lot more money etc. Who knows, maybe if you'd united decades ago there would for example be a powerful club in belfast now? Maybe they would have their own Celtic/Rangers-tier clubs? Hopefully without terrorism.
Also british nat team would have Best, Giggs and Bale + a bunch of unknow stars that could've developed in those parts in they played in british football pyramid.

Because they're cancerous faggots

We are competing with English clubs and the massive amount of TV money they get.

Sup Forums is a normie board

just how salty are you about celtic?

oh shit, English fans aren't as loud as Celtic fans! Oh shit!!

Why would you need the EPL when you can sing loud? Who cares about the fucking tragic level of football when you can make loud noises

Just increase it to a 24 team league like the rest of the lower divisions are.

DAMAGE CONTROL

They should be allowed to start at the very bottom of the English football pyramid.
And by the time they manage to get into the Football League, scotland will have left the Union anyway.

Why don't Celtic apply for a league across the north sea, Holland, Sweden etc?

>because it's ridiculous and unfair that UK gets to have 4 national teams
Don't get forget 4 votes on whether to change the laws

Honestly wonder if Celtic fans would rather have an independent Scotland with just the SPFL or a British Scotland with a British League

Wouldn't half be surprised if most of the "Green Brigade" runts chose the latter, virtue-signallers the lot of them

Because Rangers and Celtic would become too big and steal money from the other EPL clubs

They have huge fanbases and are only constrained by being in the Scottish league structure

> United Kingdom
> Separate soccer leagues

why would the EPL take them?

and would they go to a lower division in the beggining or expect to get a free invitation directly to the first league?

if so, whose english team would get fucked so they have their spot?

That's not the point though is it ? Maybe you should count to ten andd respond appropriately

That's actually being discussed and will probably become a thing if the Americans and Asians get their way and create a Euro league/ invitational champions lesgue

not at all, I just think it's hilarious how Scottish people want nothing to do with England unless it's grabbing onto something successful that you can make money from. I mean what happens the next time you guys get an independence vote and this time you bugger off? Would you leave the PL again?

And this Celtic are mid-table argument, is it meant to be a good one? Newcastle spend £50m when they come up next year and they're a mid-table team, are we meant to be impressed that Celtic might be too? No wait, don't tell me, after two years Celtic would be in the top four every year.

>it's unfair the UK gets 4 teams

Why?

The EFL are considering changing their system to have 4 leagues of 20 instead of 3 leagues of 24. If they did this there would be 4 spaces in the bottom tier and the proposal was to maybe give two spots to celtic and Rangers. EFL teams voted to only allow English teams to fill that spot (conference teams)

Don't feed the seething customer

>The EFL are considering changing their system to have 4 leagues of 20 instead of 3 leagues of 24.
No, that got thrown out

I would choose an independent Scotland

I just think it's funny how little Englanders berate the old firm constantly yet shit their nags and point to contrived adminaitrative problems that could be easily fixed when the issue of the big two entering the English league comes up

>The EFL are considering changing their system to have 4 leagues of 20 instead of 3 leagues of 24
That got scrapped: telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/16/plans-to-increase-number-of-professional-english-clubs-to-100-co/

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37998768

Scotland and England invented the game and invented the rules. We'll do what we fucking like you horrible little worm.

Then it's pointless even considering how Celtic would get into England - they'd have to replace a team/take a spot from the conference champions and nobody would ever vote for this.

>smartest kid at the special education school
>let's let him into Cambridge

This happens

>Not at all, I just think it's hilarious how Scottish people want nothing to do with England unless it's grabbing onto something successful that you can make money from.

What ? Like "Britains" Andy Murray

They'd apply to join the english league, get stuck in about tier 9 and work their way upwards

That is structurally retarded. The club would fold if they did that.

Prem clubs probably don't want it because guaranteed within 5-10 years Celtic would be challenging for the title or at least top 4

Why?

at least you tried

>I'm not salty at all
>I just think it's hilarious

no, you are actually quite salty about celtic and also apparently scots in general. At least admit this butthurt is your main motivation for opposing scottish teams in the EPL

>That is structurally retarded
That's the only way though. They'd make massive losses cause they'd have to rely on ticket sales as the only big income source

So you don't want celtic down because there fans will behave like English ?

If Rangers didn't want to join when they were at rock bottom I'm not sure what makes you think Celtic would when they have everything to lose

Rangers tried to buy out Bury to get a place in the Football League but were soundly told to get lost.