Been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I'm feeling pretty low...

Been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I'm feeling pretty low, I'm open to anything as long as I get to love for at least another week.

Trips decides

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/news/world/man-beheaded-ate-fellow-passenger-greyhound-bus-thought-attacking-alien-mental-health-advocate-article-1.1083031
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Symptoms that lead to diagnosis?

take your meds, treating it helps. I've also read that ketamine can really help.. but I've also read it can make things worse.

but please please take your meds. you don't want to be one of those guys whose brain convinces them God wants them to kill their parents and eat their face.

then you get on meds while in prison, and realize what you fucking did.

talk about regrets.

please take your meds.

If you're schitzophrenic can't you just masturbate while your in your other personality and it'll feel like your fucking someone

Haha god it's just so obvious how much you hate yourself eh. You're probably 14/15 right? Think you understand the world around you. Think your opinions are the real truth. Your future is written in everything that you write. And you probably think you're so complicated and unique. I can read you like a children's 5 page book. You're a nothing. And I wish anything I could say would change that, but frankly you're just one of the students that needs to fill the ranks at Mcdonalds. It's a hard truth but you need to swallow it quickly. You are not a creator, you are a destroyer. Someone that puts down everyone around themselves until they form a hole where there's only room for you. You lonely, sad fucking pit of pathetic. You will never be anything in this life. You will get up every day wanting to change yourself and be better today. But you'll never escape who you are. A nobody. So enjoy your life, enjoy putting people down, enjoy never amounting to anything. At least I'm doing something with my life, no matter how small you think that is. If doing this kind of shit online is what gets you to sleep at night, then go ahead. But never forget that you will live this life alone, depressed, and believing you are something more than you are. But it's just the opposite. You're a zero.

Being a deluded asshole pretty much sums up most schizophrenics

Why

An Hero it is the only way.

Most schizos don't have voices. None have other personalities.

my best friend was schizophrenic. he would hear machines talking to him. he hid it pretty well, but one time we were fucked up and he told me. he said he wouldnt see a doctor because they would "lock him up: which is pure bullshit.

he was a good artist, and a cool guy - although he had some self esteem issues. I found out after he died he had a monster big cock from one of his ex's.

but yeah, he used drugs for years to manage his symptoms - we both did. but he OD, and his roomate found him cold and blue one morning. I wish he had seen a doctor. I miss him.

OP here, random butts of depression and mania, voices, and I have quite a few homicidal/suicidal thoughts

He has a point

Schitzophrenia and multiple personality disorder are not the same.

you in your early 20s?

I'm 17

That's multiple personality disorder, not schizophrenia
underage b&

ok - was just curious. lots of people in early 20s is when it gets diagnosed.

what kind of meds are you on?

LOL cool story bro. did you fuck his ex?

OP again, just thought I'd make a summary

I'm 17
I have delusions which I won't get into as they're hard to explain.
I hear the voices of my family as if they are tormenting me
I mostly feel suicidal
And I feel quite homicidal

I live a short walk from a mental hospital and I'm pretty much open to what I do

I work with mentally ill people daily. One of my people has a similar thing only he can hear birds and cars talking to him. He's also OCD and his voices tell him shit like his mother will die if he doesn't check the taps. He's an exception as he's a nice guy.

I've known other schizos who don't seek help, cause a shitload of trouble for their families and friends (and the police if they go missing) but never admit to being ill - it's everybody else who has the problem not them...

There's one girl I know whose had £2million spent on her by the NHS because she flips out and doesn't take her meds. There's an argument to be made for asylums to come back.

Nothing as of yet, I haven't told the doctors the full extent yet otherwise I'd be sectioned, wanna have some freedom first

Lol. Two types of awareness, bitension and cotension. But there is no difference, because you are living inside your own reality.

Also, because it's your own reality, nothing is real and you just have to pretend.

This basically comprises my philosophy that makes me think I understand my reality.

just fucking an hero and be done with it. easy for you and your fam. just dont do it at home. do it at like a target or something this way your folks can get cash faggot.

That's a pretty cool outlook, I just think that if I'm dead I can't be upset about being dead, so why make a fuss about it, can't regret it if I'm dead

>I haven't told the doctors the full extent yet otherwise I'd be sectioned

You're talking like you have control over it, you don't. If you don't tell someone now, you'll eventually act on your thoughts and you'll either hurt yourself, someone else and end up getting sectioned via a police cell which will be a traumatic experience.

nice near quads

It's more likely you would have been mis-diagnosed bi-polar at 17 before reaching a schizophrenia diagnosis. You're lucky.

I'm pretty glad I was diagnosed in a weird sense, it helped explain a bunch of shit

I knew someone who didn't tell the doctor their voices were telling them to put their head on a train track. They wrote it down in a notebook that was found in his bedroom shortly after a train decapitated him.

Is this shit b8 or pasta?

32 year old feller here.
I take my antipsychotics everyday and live a normal life.
I have a career job a truck, wife, house etc.
Living normal is sometimes possible.

Good for you user.

Problem is many see a mental health diagnosis as a victim card and a life-long crutch they can use as needed.

Yeah, take your meds is best advice but you also need to quit drinking and/or drugging so the medication can work, I'm about 7 month clean and sober and diagnosed with scizoaffective. My life got a lot better when I quit drugs and drinking because the medication had a chance to work

You have to let go of reality!!! Really honestly and truly divorce your mind from anything that's grounding it. Get absolutely high off your tits!! Use psychedelics and marijuana together. Explode your brain! Jerk off while you're high!!!!! This is your next step user, please! You won't let us down, will you?

Nice trips
Also good thing you seem to be aware something is wrong and caught it early. Much better prognosis from what I understand.
Good luck and take your meds. They can't quite lock you up if you deal responsively.

no. I should have doubled teamed her with him though. she would have been into it.

> it's everybody else who has the problem not them...

I know people like this - but they mostly seem BPD ( at least that is my non-professional opinion ) . Everyone else is "drama" and they are constantly dumping friends because they are "toxic".. when it is really clear they are the fucking drama in the equation.

I have an ex who suffered from PTSD and extreme anxiety - she sort of lost her shit a few years ago, I dont even understand it, but basically she invited some stranger she met online to drive to see her, they had sex, and then she later said he raped her, but that she "didn't realize it at the time", or some horrible shit you only see on redpill man-boards.

Now all she does is talk about how she was raped, and everyone abandoned her. I really don't know what to do about it.. of course she didn't deserve to be raped, but wtf - inviting some strange dude you meet online to come stay at your place? She called the police to get rid of him - but never mentioned the rape to them. why the fuck not? she said "PTSD".

she also says she has MPD now, and speaks with a weird southern accent. It fucking kills me because we used to date, and she was weird, but not THIS fucking weird.

>He's also OCD and his voices tell him shit like his mother will die if he doesn't check the taps. He's an exception as he's a nice guy.

that is sad. it is tough that people have to suffer like that.

nice trips

>off by 2

congatz that is awesome man! 6 years sober here. I had mental issues to deal with, opnce I stopped self medicating I was able to work on them for real.

>otherwise I'd be sectioned

it is really hard to lock people up man. what country are you in? in the US it is basically impossible. If you say

>I'm going to kill myself/someone
>I have the means to do so

then they have to hold you for like 48 hours or someshit. but that is it. just tell your doctor everything, but say "but I don't think I would really do it".

you'll be fine. having suicidal or homicidal thoughts is actually really normal. the problem is, if you don't manage it, and you have a mental disorder - they can turn into real plans. ive spent plenty of time in facilities - it isn't that bad really.

I'm in the U.K.

PTSD is ugly. I was on a training course about EDMR therapy last month - it supposedly sees better results than CBT. When they did it in America and asked people how they felt after six weeks, a huge number said they felt a change

We have it here now and it's NHS funded so she should get herself on the waiting list for it

I'm in the US. I think she did a bit of the EMDR - my therapist wants me to try it actually, to deal with some violence i went through growing up. so that should be interesting.

well ask around - see your doctor and say
>I'm worried you are going to lock me up. what if I told you I was x,y,z. would that happen?

get a straight answer. but honestly, spending a few days in an institution, especially if it might help you -- it is worth doing.

I'm also in the UK and have worked with mentally ill people for years.

When someone tells me they wish to kill themselves, I'm required to do an incident report and maybe a safeguarding referral. That's it. Unless you're physically holding a knife to your throat I am not expected to contact the police or carry out an assessment to have you admitted to a mental hospital.

Tell someone user. It will help.

you wanna end up like this guy you fag? fucking take your meds.

nydailynews.com/news/world/man-beheaded-ate-fellow-passenger-greyhound-bus-thought-attacking-alien-mental-health-advocate-article-1.1083031

What would happen when if I walked in with a knife to my throat and begged for help?

>You're talking like you have control over it, you don't
well actually schitzos do not even understand that they have it and refuse the diagnoses. Well the delusions/positive symptoms

About 10 silent alarms would be pressed and the police would show up.

You would then be sectioned. You'd be there for weeks doped up so you can barely see straight.

It would far better and would be more proactive to just explain the thought of it to the doctor. He'll talk it over with you, adjust your meds a little and will follow it up on subsequent visits.

That's an oddity. Most schizos/mentally ill people harm themselves not others.

At least you can get medical weed

Not in the uk

yeah I know, but man..

>I'm required to do an incident report

And that's only so you can't have any repercussions from the coroner when the inquest is held

80% of counselling is literally covering your own back.

Is there anyway I can contact you? I think you could be an amazing help

I have schizo, too. 5 years now. It's never actually over. You just feel like its over, fall asleep, and wake up and its manageable again.
There's always tomorrow.

I'm not him - but if he is halfway smart, no you can't contact him. nothing personal, it just doesn't work that way, and is unprofessional.

talk to your doctor, be honest. get into a support group. it will be ok man.

shit you told his ass

what type of schizophrenia?

DSM V doesn't do types anymore

What if I'm fucking..INSANE? What is my mind...What if my mind is just fucked goddammit FUCK FUCKING FUCKED?? Haha! Wee her hee I love it.. pee on you and meeeee :):):)

Sucks. My sister was premed, got diagnosed with schizophrenia after BS graduation. Can't do anything anymore. Numerous wierd tendencies and I dont see her ever getting a job even in fast food or as a janitor. Good luck.

This is why I don't tell people I'm a schizo

Developing schizophrenia is my worst fear. My uncle had it. I did a lot of psychedelics and smoked a lot of weed in HS. Now I'm 21, have quit all those things do to my anxiety about it. I don't think I really show any early signs, but sometimes I just feel off, and I've developed some depression and anxiety.

>quit all those things
Good call bra. I waited until I was on the streets and couldn't hold a job. Have a very supportive family, but I often wonder if I had addressed it when I was a kid or when I started smoking weed if I would even have it at all.

The main thing that reassures me is that people developing schizophrenia usually don't realize anything is wrong, and I'm constantly worried something is wrong. I think I just have health anxiety... but acknowledging that still doesn't offer much peace.

I definitely didn't think anything was wrong

Psychiatrist here - I've got plenty of patients who graduated from college, work full time, married w/children, minimally disrupted lives. Most are successful w/meds and supportive therapy. Not hopeless, not losers, positive & future-oriented. Take the meds & stay connected to help. You'll be fine

>Take the meds
I can vouch for this as well.

Psych again - let me also add that there isn't a single thing that will be helped with alcohol & other mood-altering drugs (including reefer) - usually the beginning of a big downward spiral in schizophrenia & all psychotic disorders

Would you know if the symptoms would get worse if you forget to take them?

I have yet to be diagnosed but they're working on me.

Random question... Are you a creative person? Small things.. can you instanly make up a story, draw a picture immediately if asked to, given legos are you a master builder?

The key to recovery & maintenance is consistency - psychotic disorders generally do not improve with age - people stop meds because f side-effects or they feel "well enough" to stop. Bad idea to stop w/out discussion w/ your dr

Sort of I guess