ITT: Post a perfect album

Others explain how it isn't actually perfect

it's not a Big L album

There aren't enough Puff Daddy backing vocals

Biggie is outshined by his contemporaries in lyrical meaning and production. Also the goddamn skits can frig off.

>two minute long BBBM sex skit
> Edgiest lyrics imaginable in a hip hop album
>instrumentals are just bretty good
>style has not aged well, even 2pac has aged better

Rap albums can't be perfect.

Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts goes on for like a minute too long.

Too many half interlude half songs like close to you and Solo reprise

see

>Edgiest lyrics imaginable in a hip hop album

I take it that this is the only hip hop album you've listened to.

This. Rap can't compete with the rest of music as a whole. Rap is in its own little normie world. It can be good by rap standards, but not compared to literally any other genre.

>Blond
>rap album

oh wait no one else has heard it

>wah I'm ready to die
>It's even worse than the shitty torture skit in 36 chambers or early eminem
>isn't good enough to warrant being edgy

it's comparable to Tyler the Creator and is listened to by the same demographic plus nostalgiafaggots

I used to listen to plenty of hip hop btw favs include digable planets and grandmaster flash

Choked on a bagel just now thanks user

>half of the songs have rapping

Everyone is posting albums, but nobody is commenting. I won't comment either.

Except he wasn't suicidal because le depression meme, like Tyler the Creator-type rappers are. The idea is that life in da hood is shit and he wants to die so he shoots himself at the end of the album, and it happened to tie in well with his next album where he actually does die irl and his second album starts out in the "afterlife" with the opening skit. That's why it works.

And he brings wanting to die up in like two songs on the whole album.

damn...

nobody can dispute this

It's true, it is unironically one of the best post rock albums to date and the band is untouchable by others

>That Torture Skit
>Shitty

probably one of the best hip hop skits of all time,

you're kind of right about the biggie album, it's chock full of pointless shock lyrics and all the skits are trash, plus the og versions of most of the songs were usually much better. The production is too polished for his style

It's boring lol

>he thinks this makes it a rap album

not enough brown

>rap album

UNDERRATED POST

But its the most brown of all their albums. Unless you count demos and the tapes they made in high school. Those are all brown as fuck. The Pod demos especially.

>album

Inferior to F#A#

The song with the girl moaning breaks the mood for me, I also don't like skits (the intro) and Puff talking in Suicidal Thoughts (song would be amazing without him).

Almost perfect album though.

>you

Because of these dubs

Femme Fatale is one of the blandest things ever.

but user you're not supposed to post real 10/10 albums

Not even trying to meme here

you 2 need to fucking stop

The instrumental adds nothing to the mixtape

Literally no one wants to hear a baby crying.

How can one samefag this hard

good songs, weighed down by instrumental interludes that have no right to be there

simplistic compared to art rock, complex compared to britpop. It's just a stepping stone.

The album is too safe, it favors tried and true shoegaze over a risky and experimental sound, which is why it will always be a worse version of He Has Left Us Alone...

>hating on close to you and solo reprise

>the fucking blowjob track
>everything
>Faust Arp is really out of place
>too much unnecessary sound effect interludes up until Great Gig in the Sky

This album is literally flawless

10/10

The Arco AMPM bit adds nothing to the album.

Unbelievable didn't have to be there.

Can't dispute this, absolutely incredible and boundary pushing instrumentals as well as a great performance by Ride

It should've been shorter.

All the songs sound the same, and Stan Getz playing is... questionable.

Queue the "generic dinosaur shit" arguments. Don't care. Love it.

Nope, you're actually right on this one

The first half of big dipper is shit.

The solos in Breadcrumb Trail and Washer betray any sense of emotion the songs otherwise emanate.

I can see what you mean by the one in Washer, but I still love it. Breadcrumb trail though, that solo happens in the most intense part of the song when the other instruments are falling around it and the transition back into the end of the song is gorgeous

this bait is too strong even for me...

>the transition back into the end of the song is gorgeous

Absolutely. I can still remember when I first heard it, waiting for the bus three and a half years ago. Absolutely sublime. But the solo itself is just wankery that I feel didn't have a place in that song.

No bait. Spiderland has been in my top ten for years. You can dislike aspects of things you love, man.

All I Need is a bit lackluster, the instrumental doesn't really fit the first part of the album and the melody is somewhat annoying
The drums on Reckoner are waaaaaaaaaay too loud
House of Cards isn't as good as the rest of the album but goes on far too long

After having the album be my favourite and listening to it hundreds of times, I tend to listen more to the second guitar and what it's doing, especially during these moments. Definitely what keeps the emotion up for Washer, figuring out how intricate the song is blew me away

>I tend to listen more to the second guitar and what it's doing, especially during these moments

That's funny, I do the same thing these days. Washer is an amazing song, don't mistake my words. But even when I first heard it the solo part wasn't particularly moving. I love everything else about it. Like I said the thing's been one of my favorites for years.

everyday world of bodies outshines every other track too much

Treefingers sucked and Idioteque is overrated.

Prove me wrong

Madlib is not even on his beat-making peak.

Life after death is much better

a lot of filler

nobody took the easiest rap album lol

He made it to make his record label fuck off. It shows.

I fucking dare you.

Too right.

>implying close to you isn't the 3rd best track
>inb4 some pleb hates on Nikes

>Arco AMPM bit adds nothing

Nigga, what?

What's it add?

One Love is incredibly out of place.

But other than that, every line, every WORD even is gold.

i love you, user

Post-apocalyptic vibe.

Plus the "if someone approaches offering xyz, they are in no way employed by or affiliated with this facility" is pretty bone-chilling.

>Post-apocalyptic vibe.
Where does this come from? It is also used to describe F#A#Infinity, but these albums are clearly about the present day. Not post-apocalyptica.
>"if someone approaches offering xyz, they are in no way employed by or affiliated with this facility" is pretty bone-chilling.

Sounds like something a real store would say if it had people loitering around claiming to work for the establishment.

A lot of the production is samey. This, along with more darker tracks than RtD which are offset by pop tracks, is why I prefer Life After Death.

>lyrically the best song on the album
>out of place

foh

>not One Time 4 Your Mind