Why did black flag have 2 guitarists? i can only ever hear one guitar

why did black flag have 2 guitarists? i can only ever hear one guitar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqXGxL_0YIk
youtube.com/watch?v=rRopa2OUZS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree they and Minor Threat are two bands that did not need a second guitar player

>black flag
>white

>black flag
>not a flag

This is actually finally a good question on this subreddit. The answer is that they got tired and had to switch out.

Because they were heavy man!
They were so intense and in your face they NEEDED that second guitar!

Is black flag worth getting into? I've only heard one song of theirs and it was the one death grips sampled

I am jealous that you get to discover BF for the first time

Here are the ONLY BF albums you'll ever need
The First Four Years
Everything Went Black
Damage

Everything after that are for Henry fans only.

(And DON'T buy any of the new BF albums. It's just Greg Ginn cashing in on the name)

t. Keith Morris

MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WAAAAAAAAR

My War tho

>white people using the term 'black'

If this was done today, it would cause an uproar

No one else like In My Head as much as I do? I feel like it's the most in-depth, detailed song writing

*their most in depth, detailed songwriting

sorry

Not really honestly

There's better punk from the time, and WAAAAAY better modern shit.

>modern punk
>good

You're a funny guy

Slip it in is their best album

They only ever had 2 guitarists on 1 album. I'm pretty sure they mostly played the same thing on both and Ginn's was usually louder in the mix, but the second guitarist was there for Ginn to perform solos with rhythm guitar backing.

>modern punk
>not good
Ok gramps it's time to lace up those Docs and head back to the home.

This isn't reddit lol

My War is only really interesting for the last few tracks, and as much as I personally love them, they're more of a historical curiosity than they are something I'd actively recommend

Who fucking cares about your retarded what-ifs. Go bitch about pc culture somewhere else, not everyone's lives are ruled by it

You're gonna have to name names about modern bands who are better, especially if you consider modern as being from the last 10 years and not just past the 80's

I would be shocked if anything were ever louder than ginn for even a second

Excuse me sir, but your autism is showing.

Lol

>don't be racist
>but it's okay to make fun of retards

Makes sense

It doesn't matter if you're pol or an sjw, if you wanna get offended about something you're gonna get offended

Am i the only one that thinks Family Man is their best album?

Yes

Black Flag has never resonated with me. Their songs just don't grab me at all. I like Circle Jerks and I like Rollins' spoken word, but Black Flag does nothing for me. Groups like Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Misfits, Cro-Mags, and GBH all have wonderful songs that I can really get into, but not Black Flag. Nervous Breakdown, My War, Six Pack, Depression, and Gimme Gimme Gimme are fun, but that's about it, and I think I've heard all their albums

It's so obvious that the post you're replying to is a joke. Jesus Christ

You're not a very intelligent person.

>subreddit

You don't listen to punk.

NASA Space Universe
Acrylics
Iceage
Any given band on Toxic State

I disagree. Both sides make the album great. Tracks like My War are great.

All those bands suck lol and are super unoriginal

youtube.com/watch?v=SqXGxL_0YIk

objectively the best BF song

i was afraid you were gonna say iceage. i like a lot of modern punk bands and think by no means that black flag are the greatest of all time but theres no chance in hell iceage at any point is better than black flag. Nasa space universe is just bandcamp hardcore that isnt even better than most of bandcamp hardcore, its just w.e. Acrylics wouldnt exist without black flag, theyre a good band but c'mon they are not better. theyre just a more blown out and with a modern hardcore/garage punk vocalist doing 80's hardcore. also dont tell me you think everything on that label is better either, a lot of good releases but none really come close.

>no Nervous Brekadown EP

Don't listen to this poser

its a part of first 4 years POSER

My War B Side > A Side

There's literally no one who disagrees.

Dawg Black Flag is straight up hot garbage. Bands influenced by Black Flag are way better than the actual Black Flag.

Greg Ginn has always been a hack and Rollins is a shit vocalist. Morris BF is okay.

>subreddit
kek

Too bad Slip It In is better than all of those

idk i dont really care for morris black flag that much, theres a bunch who are but theyre definitely not hot garbage. idk i also am taking into account being a full band with live performances/touring/everything associated with being a band and not just recorded material. those bands that poster put up just dont make the cut compared to BF.

He's not wrong, modern punk is so uninspired, when was the last punk band that actually did something new for the genre?

death grips

Nothing Left Inside is easily one of their best tracks. Only dud on the album is I Love You as far as I'm concerned

Samhain 85-87

If you can call them punk. Their live performances are but their studio albums are electronica with an angry man yelling over it.

"angry man yelling over it" is about 97% of every punk/hardcore vocalist ever so thats really kind of out the window. also electronica isnt a real genre and even if you wanted to argue that, theres a whole sect of punk that deals with using synthesizers/electronic elements.

you're shooting yourself in the foot. you want something new in punk and death grips gave it, it has all of the energy, tone, and ideals that go into something being punk but because all of their songs arent the standard punk formula they become something else. why do you complain for new things if you only want what sounds old? seriously machine girl to me is more punk than most punk bands. if youre just gonna be a minor threat clone, or pantera clone, or discharge clone its really just kind of playing a musical uniform instead of following with what you believe in regardless of others which is really the core ethic of punk. go watch some interviews of husker du, sonic youth, black flag, minor threat etc. in the mid to late 80's to see em talk about how punk became a formula which was its antithesis. their opinions faded in time and then its been a continuation of that for 30 years.

My War, Nervouse Breakdown and Slip it in are there best. You're out of your mind dude

listen to synth punk and digital hardcore

nervous breakdown is included in first four years

Show Me The Body but there not really punk. There newest ep was more hip hop

>black flag
>not flyspray

Punks an attitude not a genre

>there are people that don't think Rollins was the best vocalists
youtube.com/watch?v=rRopa2OUZS4

their new album sucked ass

Anger and yelling does not define punk in any way. Metal would be punk then too.

All of the energy in the group is entirely in his vocals.

My point wasn't that I don't want something new. I do. But bands that identify as punk nowadays are uninspired. Punk music stopped evolving back in the 80's. Far as I'm concerned the genre is dead, and anything done with similar characteristics should be called something else.

My biggest problem with the genre nowadays is that the bands that categorize themselves as punk feel the need to fit into that category, instead of focusing on doing something new. As far as I'm concerned punk stopped being punk a long time ago, and there needs to be something new that's called something new. Otherwise it's just an endless contradiction.

what are you talking about? obviously both exist, dont try to tell me the musical genre of punk doesnt exist. and i was arguing i favor of a more widespread version of the genre anyways so idk your point unless youre 15

Hank the Tank in 2020

youre right, angry vocals dont define punk but his vocals are sure as hell punk/hardcore influenced. and no, theres no way that all of the energy in the group comes from vocals. idk if youve seen them live but all members go nuts, and the music itself is highly energetic. fuck man even JD has punk songs with guitars.

ive yet to see death grips blast all over the place saying they're punk. "instead of focusing on doing something new"- it's literally exactly what they're doing. i totally agree that a lot is uninspired, most of the people who like punk have moved on to the hardcore/metal crossover scene because thats actually where some interesting stuff is happening. but the whole something new needs to exist and be called something new- you pretty much just want a high energy guitar driven genre but thats not gonna happen until you pick up a guitar and write it. i agree with your stance on modern punk, but youre gonna have to include electronics in your new definition of it if you want innovation. after 40 years of punk being around (longer if youre including protopunk), its hard for to be inventive with a guitar drums bass and vocals.

Underrated post

kek

hilarious post tbqh