Why is this band so critically acclaimed again?

Why is this band so critically acclaimed again?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/112334921
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

considering how dire pop was in the early 00s I'm glad they rose to the top...as for lasting power, i really don't feel the need to listen to them

DUUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Really good still in my opinion. Don't listen to them as often as I used to, but still enjoy all of their albums

Hearing this chant at every football game ever is so triggering. How did Seven Nation Army become the official sports chant anyway?

That riff is sick as fuck. But I think it started in Australia for some reason

Of course it's sick, but like Bohemian Rhapsody, it loses its novelty after the thousandth time

It does, but that's why I avoid normie music when I can so I don't have to have things I like get ruined

They're not really a band with a top-to-bottom excellent album, but their greatest hits album will be one of the best ever desu

What are the weak tracks on elephant? I find everything super memorable and enjoyable.

The beginning of little acorns, the one with the choir and if the one where Meg sings lead was on it, then that one

Yeah that's definitely their best album. I still wouldn't call it a masterpiece, y'know? As for weak tracks I'd go with Little Acorns, Who's to Say, and Good to Me. Maybe excellent wasn't the right word to use, because that album is excellent. I wanted to say masterpiece. That they don't have. But to be fair, most bands don't have one.

I wasn't feeling that one track. It was really shitty and contrived. It's a shame to because it came after 3 of the best tracks on the album. But other then that it's really soild.

definitely a great album but not their best.
>who's to say, good to me not even real tracks
but their best album is self titled or de stilj

Neither of those are better, especially the dumpster fire of their debut album. Contrarianism only goes so far man

not contrarianism. i love elephant. but you are retarded if you think thier debut is a dumpster fire. you don't even know tracks on elephant. good to me? whose to say?
s/t had sugar never tasted so good, big three killed my baby, great cover of st. james infirmary blues. have a feeling you don't like blues and are just like their radio songs

I just appreciate good songwriting when I hear it and their self-titled is not well written. It's one thing to be overexposed to their more popular songs and as such not like them as much as you should, but there's no universe where their debut is their best album. It's like saying Pablo Honey is Radiohead's best. I mean you're entitled to your opinion, so whatever.

>comparing self titled to pablo honey
whatever i just doubt you have listened to it. big three killed my baby is about american car companies and their lack of safety killing people in 80s/ but you're right. wanna be the boy to warm your mothers heart is brilliant writing. that and its rue we love one another. try actually listening to their other albums before talking out your ass

I've listened to all their albums numerous times, in fact I listened to them as they came out. You're going to have to deal with someone having a different opinion than you.

i dont mind different opinions, just prefer when they are credible and not just nonsense about full of nonsense
>writing, baffling comparisons, and dumpster fires

I agree with you about their first album. They covered my favorite Dylan song on there.

De Stijl is their best album

vimeo.com/112334921

that end transition into party of special things...

You missed a dun fuckface