Dream Theater

Dream theater people around here? Whats your favorite song? To this day I have yet to find a better band.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zF8SYLjl07g
youtube.com/watch?v=ntLqUg-4VcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

haha yes i love dream theater :)

They're terribly cheesy and a far cry away from actual progressive. They're tasteless wank artists. I'm not sure who're more insufferable, their fans or the actual band. Mike Portnoy seems like an alright guy. youtube.com/watch?v=zF8SYLjl07g Watch this video for some godtier Dream Theater cringe. I feel like Tim and Eric could have made it.

nice joke bro

Metropolis pt 1 has always been a favorite

>Dream Theater
>"I have yet to find a better band"
Are you only listening to Dream Theater? They're extremely boring and their music is only about wank than actual songwriting, which is why most of their songs lack any impact and are so forgettable.
There are loads of (much) better progressive bands out there, so explore the genre before you begin to suck this garbage band's dick.

seems like you havent actually listen to their albums. I only listen to progressive rock/metal and still after 10 years I could not find a better band in terms of instrumentals, technique and creativity. But I'm not angry at you because it takes some time to actually understand their music.

Nah, they just suck dude

I've loved them for a long time, but I didn't enjoy their latest album, it was straight up corny. Train of Thought, Octavarium, Metropolis pt.1, and Images and Words were their best.

I only listen up to Six Degrees. Everything else is garbage.

>their music is only about wank than actual songwriting

I automatically disregard anyone that says this, you're just regurgitating what you think you should say to be cool. Most of their songs follow a basic pop song format ffs.

I don't even like dream theater that much but this thread is just pure contrarianism.

Anyone else love this album?
Seems to be the black sheep of Dream theater albums but I like it.

Incredible Musicians
TERRIBLE MUSIC

Count of Tuscany

Six Degrees is my favourite album of theirs for me, though mostly just the first CD. Metropolis is a close second. Early Rudess era Dream Theater was probably the most creative and inventive the band had ever been.

Unfortunately their last two albums have been absolutely horrendous.

Also, I imagine you don't browse Sup Forums much because a lot of people REALLY don't like DT here, so I'll just say your last statement is going to be mocked a lot, not that it should bother you.

this is definitely their best song that's not from Metropolis Pt. 2

Fuck no it isn't

>Also, I imagine you don't browse Sup Forums much because a lot of people REALLY don't like DT here, so I'll just say your last statement is going to be mocked a lot, not that it should bother you.
Most people on Sup Forums unironically enjoy Death Grips, so you shouldn't consider Sup Forums's opinion a benchmark for anything.

Daily reminder

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>it takes some time to actually understand their music

no it doesn't, you pseudo-intellectual fuckwit. they just make terrible, soulless music.

this.

t. basic bitches

Is that pic taken at a fuckin Value Village?

I enjoy both some of Death Grips and some of Dream Theater. They've both got their merits.

Trial of Tears is one of their best songs, but the rest of the album has pretty much no material that's on par with the other stuff they were releasing around that time.
Whenever they try to "go radio-friendly" it's disastrous

Not OP, but I actually really like Hell's Kitchen. It's got a really satisfying climax and actually has a beautiful simplicity to it that you won't find in most of their work

This cover looks like a bad 2000 era pc game

Either "The Count of Tuscany" or "Learning to Live"

Definitely one of the corniest bands around. Sometimes they pull together a tolerable instrumental, but they are mostly self-masturbatory garbage. They also have some of the worst lyrics ever written.

>Dream Theater
Sorry user this is a music board not a piece of shit board

I can see the corny criticism, and it gets pretty bad after Octavarium, but can't help to love them.

youtube.com/watch?v=ntLqUg-4VcY

Just found this today, DT should really replace James with a female voice.

do you like any 70s prog?

Or a math textbook.