I do science. Any physics questions been burning in ya mind? I'll try to answer

I do science. Any physics questions been burning in ya mind? I'll try to answer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JhHMJCUmq28
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shameless self bump

if you die in the game do you die in real life?

the body cannot live without the mind

Check those trips

How can mirror be real if our eyes aren't real

How can bees fly

How does one calculate wildflow through an air turbine?

Does google still work if i have any physics questions?

Also, what simplistic three-dimensional joint equations do you know?

wasted on a self bump

How can your comment be real if your keyboard isn't real?

Think it's some shit to do with the fact that they have a kinda half flap, flap gyration thing going on that provides more lift than their wingspan may suggest. Not a biologist though.

Also, can you explain quaternions to me?

oh fug :DD

What happens?

Can you product thc with some chemestry wizardry ?

Brad?

It does, but google isn't always able to explain things in a simple manner.

No idea, not an engineer. Though I did learn this at some point in a thermodynamics course. Totally forgot.

Hollow bones dude

If you imagine an Argand diagram to be capable of describing any complex-valued function, then a quaternion function would be defined on a 4D Argand diagram. They're like 4D complex numbers.

Newton taught us the traditional mechanical laws, we got formulas and shit but, how does gravity actually work? why are 2 masses atracted toeachother?

You'll need to study a whole airodynamics course for that. differential equations and shit, field lines, etc...

B, because its like the cube was thrown in ther with high speed

Aka: fluid mechanics

Only from the cube's frame of reference. The problem here is that space itself is being manipulated

Well we understand it now not as an attraction towards one another, but as a straight path through a spacetime that is curved by a massive object.

I'm sure you've seen the analogy of the bowling ball on a trampoline kinda shit? It's basically like that except time curves and warps as well. And what you see depends on your position in a coordinate system.

The equation above is actually a set of ten equations called the Einstein Field Equations. They relate the curvature of spacetime to the mass-energy content that is causing the curvature.

agreed, from the perspective of the portal the cube is comming in with a high velocity.

Yes I know what you're talking about, still fucking strange tho.

do you believe a magnetic monopole exists? what is the theoretical size of a monopole?

why did my dad leave me?

What is a simple explanation of Duhamels principle

I cant get it at all

Your mum has a monohole

>Posting Einstein's equations in SI units instead of geometricized units
>Including a cosmological constant as if it affects the equations of motion

Kys fake science fag

why is the behaviour of matter affected by observation? ie. self-interference of particles/waves.

It seems like, for some reason, the presence of mass and energy geometrically warps spacetime. This means that anything, including light rays, that pass close to the warped spacetime will be deflected. In relativity, it's important to note that in a given frame of reference, the universe will not look any different, no matter how fast you are going. I.e. if you performed an experiment going at 0.99c, it would look the same as if you were going at a regular speed. Also, a related idea is that no matter how curved the spacetime is, on a small enough scale, it will always look flat.

Sorry for ranting, I'm studying for relativity exam just now.

>monohole
yeah good question,
am I correct when I say "Schrödinger's ca"t has something to do with

pls answer

good luck, seems like I asked the right question

Well I honestly don't know, but my guess would be that you woul dhave to get to reaaaaalllt fucking low temperatures to isolate it. It would be very very small.

HA! I whipped it off of google. You can ask me shit and I will likely know the answer. And the cosmological constant is a real fucking term numbnuts.

At time t1 measure the position of a particle to arbitrary accuracy

At time t2 measure the momentum of this particle to an arbitrary accuracy

Do this such that (t2-t1)*c < hbar/Delta p = delta x

restated: abuse Heisenbergs uncertainty principle such that the uncertainty in position of some particles position is greater than the lightcone eminating from the particle at a previous time

restated again: Is there a relativistic Heisenbergs uncertainty principle?

Opinion on quantum computing?

Not OP, but this is a good video on it: youtube.com/watch?v=JhHMJCUmq28
Maybe it's too simple tho if you already know a lot about it.

pls answer

Because you ask people on the internet why he left you

No one knows this one.

Yeah, I was talking about researchers like Hensinger

>No one knows this one.
It's got a fundamental effect on the nature of matter.. this shit should concern all physicists. Like, how do they ensure that the particle flying down the dildo collider stays a particle at the moment of impact?? Or how do they know it was in fact a particle when it hit the other atom?

I don't think so, and I'm not sure why you would need one. I think the uncertainty principle on its own can describe relativistic particles.

Confusing as fuck, but exciting as fuck. Optimising the shit out of everything sounds like a good deal tbh.

Apparently tunneling happens instantly and the particle just appears on the other side of the barrier. How does that not violate causality or the speed of light? I've read that it doesn't, but I've never seen a good explanation.

Well it does concern physicists. But no one knows why observing particles "collapses the wavefunction". There are many theories on it, but none have yet been verified or falsified. Some think it's to do with the complexity of the system that "observes" the particle(s), and some think every time you observe a particle, you create a whole separate universe, where your value for the particle is true. We just don't know. But that's why we study physics isn't it?

Will I get a job with a bachelor in physics?

If law and effect exist, how can there be free will?

Is there an assumption that quantum mechanics follow some yet unknown rule?

yes

It doesn't violate causality because you can't actually transmit information faster than light. When you entangle, the particles, you have created the system and its possible values are already determined. Separating them means nothing. The information is already there, but looking at it determines which exact value it takes.

Topkek

Not OP here but a cracked out attack helicopter who wanted to say something. Basically it's as if you have a die and you are going to roll it, although you know it will be (for d6) a number between 1 and 6 you can't predict with 100% accuracy what it would be. So then you say, well if you know all parts of the environment and of the roll of the dice maybe it no longer exists. Which pretty much means that God (something all knowing) would negate free will but they are always busy fucking hookers and we're too stupid to ever know 100% every single part of the universe so relatively we have the illusion of free will, and it might as well be until we become God.

Is it possible to create something out of nothing? Explain please.

Where in the mathematical equation does it break when you want to "observe" light but then it act like a particle or a wave?

Free will doesn't exist, but determinism also doesn't exist. You brain functions fundamentally on quantum particles. Their behaviour is inherently unpredictable, but you have no more control over this than you would over a completely deterministic system. So the non-deterministic nature of your brain does not imply you have free will. And on top of this, your brain is large enough and contains enough particles that it behaves pretty much exclusively in a classical way. I.e. the outcome of an event can be predicted (at least in theory) with perfect accuracy. So it is essentially a deterministic system.

Hi, can you explain why imposing canonical quantization rule to field operators is different then imposing them to creation/destruction operators? I mean, if there is only a Fourier transformation between the two way, why bother with integrals?

-

answer is 42

MOND or dark matter?

can you explain the intuitive leap from "time is a dimension" to "matter is energy"

when you use an aerosol as a flamethrower, why doesn't the aerosol ignite inside the can? particularly, while the fluid slows down as you pull your finger off the valve.

Well it's to do with the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. It says something can't have both a well-defined momentum and a well-defined position.
Particles have a well-defined position, so they must have a "fuzzy" or ill-defined momentum.
Waves have a well-defined momentum, but an ill-defined position.
If you have a situation which neither strongly constrains position nor strongly constrains momentum, an object can exist in a kind of in-between state called a localised wave-packet, or a quanta.

"nothing" is a philosophical concept. It means the absence of anything, even "empty" space. As soon as you give something a property, it ceases being nothing. So the short answer is that something can't come from nothing, but the big bang does not imply that nothing exists "outside" of the universe. It implies that there is some form of structure that is separate from the universe, and which the universe comes from. Please don't jump on muh gad.

if you happen to be in space without a suit, but with an helmet with infinite oxygen, and are exposed to uv radiation, how long will you be able to live? At what rate will your body lose heat? Can the exposure to the sun heat you enough in space?

if a quantum particule can be in many many place at once, it is posible that our hole universe can be just one particule witch takes any position posible in the same time ? sorry, no matern english

Wikipedia says they are the same thing.

dark matter

set c=1 where, c is the speed of light. Then you simultaneously get distance and time in the same units and mass and energy in the same units.

kek

Derive Schroedinger's equation for us

Heat isn't the main problem, it's expansion. All of the gas and liquid in your body will increase in volume and kill you before you freeze to death. Think brain hemorrhages and other nasty shit.

Yes, in fact I think Feynman came up with this idea. It seems very unlikely, but it is possible. It was given as an explanation as to why no electron can occupy the exact same space and time and quantum state as another electron. So it is possible that there is only one electron in the universe that is in every electron position at once.

It's far too late for that. It's not all that hard though. It's just the wave equation with quantum operators.

show your work

If for whatever reason you read this

What's your view of faith in god
And do you believe that by looking for answers in science you also have faith in the belief in a for lack of a better term [one above all]?

Jsyk Not religious, just for some reason "I" can help but believe or have faith that the is something more.

how does dark matter bend space time

E=mc^2 and D=ct if c=1 then c^2=1 and: E=m, D=t

So you see that no one says time is a dimension and energy is matter, but with a factor of c they become mathematically equivalent. They are distinct for a reason, but they behave mathematically very similarly to each other.

Anime made real WHEN?

I believe people have very good emotional reasons for believing in god, but if there is some prime creator of the cosmos (which no one can disprove) then it is certainly nothing to do with human concepts of god. It doesn't give a damn about life and it certainly doesn't offer life after death. If you believe there is something "more" then you aren't appreciating fully what "is".

The exact same way normal matter and energy bend spacetime. It's just that it doesn't seem to interact with any other the other fundamental forces. Could interact with the weak force if it is some form of exotic neutrino, but we don't know as of yet. Hopefully the LSST will shed more light on this.

>every time you observe a particle, you create a whole separate universe
>you create
>you
ie. we are fitting first order functions to 3rd or 4th order data patterns.

metaphysics plays a role in all this and people are too frightened or ignorant to explore it properly.

Your response resonates with me
Thank you for your honesty

brainlet here how do I learn how to decipher moon runes like pic in OP and this? To me this looks so alien it might as well be the shit they salvaged from the Roswell crashsite.

brainlet here. How do I learn how to decipher moon runes like pic in OP and this? To me this looks so alien it might as well be the shit they salvaged from the Roswell crash site.

Nice trips. To be honest, they could look completely different. I could make up my own symbols and say it means the exact same thing. Granted, notation is usually quite intuitive and convenient, but it is ultimately arbitrary. If you want to understand math, you simply have to learn it. There's no easy way to do it. Years of university or personal study. It is fucking rewarding though.

that was for you

> (OP)
No

How can light act as a wave and a particle at the same time?

that equation is baby stuff. Post a general analytical solution of Feynman's integral for QED or prove there isnt one.

see you always get one

I can program but I want to get into the more computer science side of things to learn more about how it works but I cant make sense of what all the math symbols mean. You say you simply have to learn it but how?

I take it you can do an alright amount of math? What level did you get to?

Not OP. From memory, there are QFT operators related to observables (Hermitian), and then there are constructs of such operators that aren't. I really need to finish Peskin and Schroder.

if you flash at a slit will it's particles make pregnant?

How many cocks have you sucked?

>can do an alright amount of math?
No I dont know very much about math at all. The farthest level of math I got in school is high school algebra and I barely passed that and have since forgotten it. On my own studying CS books I wonder what these runes mean so I skimmed though some math books until I find what looks like similar stuff like it looks like some of these symbols come from linear algebra books and some other symbols look like they are even from high school algebra books chapters about binomial and series sequences something. But the books never really connect that to what's in the CS books its like there is a link missing in the chain.

Because of the situation I described which either violates uncertainty principle or relativity?

That's college freshman level math. Do you have schools in your shitty country?

What do not explain the standard model (besides dark matter and dark energy)?

for a proton within a cyclotron how would you calculate the Emax as a function of it's variable energy

Thanks for the advise, was very insightful.

A QM particle travels all possible paths exactly once. Given two slits, a QM particle goes through both. Assume there is no QM field biasing the system. Then the particle goes through both slits an equal number of times (paths). Assume an observer is introduced. This dramatically increases the number of paths through both slits (to values like 10^10^10^10^10^10). It's possible but extremely unlikely that there is still no bias. It's very likely that >99.9999% of the paths are through one slit, hense the "collapse".