H-hello Anonymous! Ask a p-psychologist anything!

H-hello Anonymous! Ask a p-psychologist anything!

Anything f-from just a kind word and a hug t-to advice on medications I c-can provide!

I'm here for you; don't suffer in silence, my love

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1o8wyQi8080
vocaroo.com/i/s1HIh5VYHy4D
vocaroo.com/i/s0sm2CUKnM7W
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when is the rape?

G-good post, Flan.

Why am i fucked?

W-what do you mean? Can you g-give me more information?

Sydney?

S-sorry, I'm Alice

Well, welcome back! I think I speak for many, your presence was missed while away.

~Sky

Flan-chan pls.

S-sadly not out of the woods yet.
Also, wait, are you on my steam?

Alice, do you have a lot of friends IRL?

why do you keep coming to a board full of shitheads anyway?

im gay

I h-have enough, why do you ask?

It's m-my home. Where else would I go?

Good for you dear

vocaroo.com/i/s1o8wyQi8080

I am.... I changed my name from something else.. sorry to hear that's its not clear yet... still keeping the situation close at heart and sending hope...

~Sky

How do you keep going knowing everything is going to end one day?

Evening Alice, burn out EMT from bongland here.

I spend most of my working days dealing with people that destroy my faith in humanity.

You are one of the few people who still give me hope, so thanks, carry on as you are.

Hope you're feeling better from the other week.

i am also a psychologist. whats your speciality?other than talking like a 15 year old girl

Working at a psychiatric hospital, I see and work with EMTs often. You are life savers... just wanted to say that. My respect.

~Sky

vocaroo.com/i/s1HIh5VYHy4D

How to deal with a breakup. The person said she never loved me after a year and a half. I'm holding grudges but I still love her. I'm sure she doesn't feel the same so I've been depressed for the past 4 months. Nothing has changed. It doesn't help that I saw her on a dating app yesterday. I've had no luck on them except with her. Any advice for a fucked up human being that hopes he gets cancer hence the reason he smokes 2 boxes a day?
Since I moved I can't find anyone to hang out with and my old friends count me out and don't talk anymore which makes it harder to cope.

How do I overcome my crippling fear of failure?

I love being seen as dependable to the point that I'll volunteer to take on hard jobs for the sake of the approval of those around me, but I'm utterly terrified of ever having someone genuinely rely on my performance to the point that I'm dreading finally finishing school because that means I'll have to be out in the real world, competing against other people with their own ambitions and aspirations...

what are your thoughts of the new tv series 13 reasons why and do you think it reflect the problem correctly? should anything be included or done differently?

*blinks* W-well, okay then.

*whistles* Whew, not going to start it out with a soft ball or something first? Jesus christ. Alright, let's get into it.

Let me ask you a question first. You ever looked at a sunset? I can see them all the time from my window, very beautiful and very fleeting. Is the sunset any less beautiful because it only lasts a moment? Would extending its life time somehow make it more so?

Just because my life doesn't last forever, just because the sun doesn't last forever, just because the universe itself will turn cold and dark does not in any way change its beauty today.

Everything ends. Everything is transient. Take the good and leave the bad, dear. One day, it'll be you who will be left but that will in no way shadow the life you had and the moments you existed.

Make the most of them. The fact they are finite is all the more reason they are beautiful and should be cherished.

Good evening Alice, haven't seen you in awhile

*smiles* We have t-the same job, but you keep people alive. It's I who should be thanking y-you, not the other way around

So I experienced a mental collapse about 5 months ago
I went to the emergency room and they tell me it's psychosis
I took the meds for about a month then stopped went to ER again and now taking it again for a month
My symptoms are I can't understand language. What I mean by this is that words feel foreign to me like it's the 1st time I'm hearing words. It feels like words lost all their meaning and their ability to connect to real life.
After months of research I stumbled on something called semantic dementia. I'm only 19 is it possible I have this or is it just a somatic delusion.
>>

how do you deal with an overactive hpa axis due to childhood trauma and brain scarring from stress

>be software consultant
>end up working with all manner of idiots who hold positions of power they don't deserve in the slightest
>clocked in 350h of overtime already since the year's start, trying to keep shit sort of running

>I'm THIS close to actually punching someone in the face

where is memory located?

what is the neurobiology of the phonological loop and visuaspatial sketchpad?

neuropsychopharmacologist

Have y-you been to a professional, Anonymous?
Cuz that s-sounds like a lot of 20 something quarter life crisis stuff that you get out by talking about it to someone.

I'm available, but not a professional. Feel free to hit me up at [email protected]

It's only b-been four days!

who was patient HM and what were is symptoms.?

what theory of personality development do you subscribe to?

superior intelligence is usually a result of slightly increased what?

I need help but don't want to get any because I feel I don't deserve it.
Only time I've felt good is the few times I've drank so in a couple of months I'm going to become an alcahol.
Plz halp

F-for a feed back loop like that, b-breaking the loop is the most important part. I'd r-recommend GABA agonists in the short term and CBT in t-the long term to prevent overactivation

Oh w-wow, that sounds like my job

That was beautiful...

Are you seeing someone in the meantime, or just going back and being evaluated at the ER?

That piechart of life is way out of balance it sounds like. .... try evaluating where your priorities are.

Are you afraid to move on? Is it her you love or the idea of her that you love?

~Sky

Wait WHAT
I haven't seen your thread in a couple of weeks
Welp, guess I just have bad timing

Well you did say anything, so I thought I'd go with what's been on my mind for a while. I had an existential crisis last year after I started having nagging health issues and I haven't been able to shake the 'OH BY THE WAY YOU'RE GOING TO DIE' voice that pops up in my head every now and then, even if I'm kinda gotten over the initial incident.

The antidepressants mess with my jimmies and the antipsychotic isn't working

>Implying any of the namefags ITT is actually an EMT, registered psyc, "works at a psychiatric hospital", etc etc.

Do you even know how rare inpatient psychiatric facilities are these days faggot? Having a job like this isn't "cool" or "edgy", the staff turnover rates are sky-high for a good reason and pretending to work in this field is very, very sad.

Most of the IRL healthcare professionals I know would laugh their ass of if they ever saw this little roleplay you've got going on here.

He reads stuff from wikipedia don't even bother

vocaroo.com/i/s0sm2CUKnM7W

See Are you being routinely seen by someone? Psychiatric Rx's should be monitored when starting something for the first time..

~Sky

I operate nuclear reactors
zroomzrrrooooooommmm

>visuaspatial sketchpad
Oh, asking about Baddeley's model of working memory are w-we? Come on, ask m-me something harder if you want to trip me up patient HM
Henry Molaison, s-seriously, you need to try harder.

W-what antidepressants are you on? I could m-make a few suggestions; trazadone tends to help with SSRI induced ED for example.

Fair enough I'll give this a try. Out of nowhere I'm asking myself allways one question.
"Is there something that I wish?"
Any Idea?

I was going to an outpatient program, but I quit it because I have social anxiety and it was a group talk therapy. i don't have an appointment with another psychiatrist until may 3rd

Alice do you like cake?

I appreciate that and can definitely see how it would seem that way.

Except I'm turning 30 this year.

It's taken me 12 years to finish an AA in theater arts because I've had to accept full-time work in the middle of various semesters to support my then-fiance (now wife) and now that she has her degree and a sweet full-time job with the state that supports us completely, I'm going to be competing with kids almost a decade younger than me for entry-level jobs

is it normal to often fantasize about rape?

I'm not sure. I mean. I haven't cried since I was about 8 or 10. But I just feel empty. She was basically my first girlfriend. I'm 18 btw. I just don't know How To cope with it. I loved the thought if having someone with you at all times. Someone you can rely on. I gave her everything I could. She treated me like shit on that day. I guess that after she said "I never loved you, I still love my ex but she (she's fucking bi) moved to America. She'll be coming back next year and I want to be clear for her." it just hurt so bad that Idk what to do anymore.

C-check my Patreon f-for my schedule!

*nodnod* H-have you told your doctor about that?

*blinks* W-who said anyone here was inpatient?

I'm a g-girl dear

As someone who works at a psychiatric hospital you have my respect back, on the occasion we go to someone with mental health issues I get a peek into your world and i've always been impressed by anyone who goes into that career path.

Cheers mate I chuckled, love that copy pasta.

We do, but you have the commitment to come here and do overtime. I try to spend my free time doing anything not work related.

>d m-make a few suggestions; trazadone tends to help with SSRI induced ED for example.

>Implying you didn't find that with a 10 second google search.

Paxil it prevents orgasms and when I stop it for a while I have dry orgasms but I dont know if that's by the risperdal too

Very low self worth.

Whew! T-that is a long time, but I understand why it could t-take that long.

Still, if it is what you've always dreamed of and fought for, what's the problem?

Well, I'm no expert on any of this, but it'll go over one day. First love is an amazing things that sometimes melts your skin off, but it'll grow back on, how weird of a progress that is. Also, don't isolate yourself, but that's hard

I don't know if this is trolling or not, but saying you know HCP's in real life, and still referring to them as HCP's, well you don't know them very well.

All the lads at my ambo station would get a chuckle out of being called a HCP.

yes, its not complicated , but explain it in a sentence or two and the phonological loop and the other component, its not hard to do but would probably require you to know in advance what it is.

Hmm, was it partial hospital (PHP) or intensive outpatient (IOP)? PHP would net you the psychiatrist but IOP wouldn't... group therapy is about all that's offered due to the high demand, but it is effective, and treatment should be challenging, otherwise it's not really helping. Don't give up on the Rx options just yet. A good Dr. can take care of the side-effects.

Thank you!

~Sky

*shrugs* I chose t-this dear. Your choice is no worse or better than mine

Heya Alice, nice to see you again!

S-sure, would you like a blurb about the episodic buffer as w-well?

And y-you as well

How to quit citalopram now that I'm in a less stressful situation and might not need it?

I scored a 27/31 on this supposed autism screening that my wife wanted me to take. Any idea of this is meaningful or some calculated marketing propaganda perpetuated by the medical industry?

In the first installment of The Fast and The Furious, when Paul Walker goes to Vin Diesel's house party they're listening to "I Got Hoes" by Ludacris, however in the second movie Ludacris appears as street racer Tej Parker. So who, in that case, plays Ludacris in the Fast and Furious universe, and if no one does, who then has the hoes?

sure (for the record i want you to be a psychologist but i treat everything here as a lie)

I just found your patreon, thank you Alice

>how to quit citalopram
Consult your doctor. D-don't do anything with your doctor saying so dear. You shouldn't b-be asking questions like this to me

Vin Diesel.

I hate myself?
Other than that. No idea.

but I don't understand. We had a great time together. I was the first person her father let her stay in the house. She said I love you everyday by text when I woke up. Text was there every single day. She always told me how much I mean to her and shit and then she says this shit. Like what else can I think than that there's something wrong with me. I know I'm only young but I've taken to drugs and alcohol already. Drugs have helped a lot actually. I forgot about her. And since I saw her yesterday on the app. I keep trying to see if she unblocked me on fb. I just don't know How To cope anymore.
I'm not trying to isolate myself. People isolated me. I could've always stayed in my friends when I came up. Now I can't. Last time I went up. He literally told me an hour before going home I can't stay at his. I had to sleep on a swing in a playground. I can't come with shit like this alone. But I don't want my family To help cause I don't want to start crying in front of them. It's hard for me to imagine. Like I know she's probably really happy Now. But she doesn't see what she did. I'd take it better if she said it normally. But she treated me like shit and said she never loved me. That's what hurt the most.

since im still experiencing psychotic symptoms my risperdal is to the max but she lowered the paxil
its easier to stop taking them bcus none of them are working anyway i still get suicidal thoughts

>So what's the problem, d-dear?

Shit legacy software that's full of holes, shit operational procedures (it takes 20 man hours to push a stupid patch to production), shit deadline planning, shit communication with other teams, shit support from the systems department, shit testing quality... the usual really.

On top of it pile our CEO that barges into meetings guns blazing with shit like "we need to fix this RIGHT NOW, i don't care how, you gotta do what you gotta do" and the sort.
The team is already about to disintegrate, with constant bickering and infighting, and this psychological pressure certainly doesn't help.

I've been in many shit projects before, including one where we pulled 200h overtime in a single month, but I've never seen any where things were THIS bad.

>two extremely competent developers left the company just before I was sucked into this project to try and keep it together
>now I can see why

It was PHP 5 days a week

Good as ever Alice! What about ya?

>What doseage are you on and how long have you been on it?

generally the does is between 20-40 mg. as your pharm for the liquid version so you can reduce by the smallest increment possible.

DONT GO TOO FAST

should take around a year if done correctly

How come all the most mentally fucked up people I know all study psychology?

They want to help other people with their mental fuckedness??

I want to thank you again alice. I'm not lowering my standards. You honestly are a blessing.

lots of fags in this thread

Pretty sure the inverse is true.
Most mentally fucked up people HATE psychology.

>posting filthy frank

And you're the biggest one of all

I haven't, to be honest I moved recently and I haven't chosen a new doctor. I don't really know that it's bad enough to be fucking with my head using medication so I've kinda shied away from it and hoped it would slowly fade over time. I guess I'm looking for an answer to life and some kind of assurance of an afterlife when there is no such guarantee.

its a catharsis.

we generally understand what its like to be suffering from psychological malady better than the average person.

and if you are all fucked up in the head you tend to think about it and thus develop a competence and interest.

may as well use your damage to help someone else.

no its not, not a native english speaker
back to my question
ive been having these random toughts where i suddenly ask myself if i have a wish

>be 19
>be incel
>Ihavetolive50moreyearslikethis.bat

What do?

>That piechart of life is way out of balance it sounds like. .... try evaluating where your priorities are.

Well, I need the money and I know I can take it. My boss knows too, it's the reason I was sent here. I'm the guy who's taking up all the shit jobs nobody wants to do so that the team has some breathing room. The others have been at it much longer than me and they're at the breaking point.

I've done it before; I can do it again. For a while at least.

Sometimes it's just nice to be able to tell someone how fucked up things are, and what better place than Sup Forums?

why trigger?

Well, that is a very shit situation, and I can't really relate to it, or give any advice.

Absolutely. B-but keep in mind, I'm a computationalist.

I l-like to think of them as two separate buffers, one for audio and one f-for video.

The phonological loop deals w-with anything related to phoneme, whether it be written or auditory (though usually we talk about auditory).

The visuo-spatial sketchpad is an entirely separate buffer, with limited to no interference from the phonological one, which stores visual information, notably color and motion.

As these two forms of memory are l-largely separate, one can work on a visual activity (selecting boxes) while also responding to an auditory activity (receiving instructions). This seems to b-be because they are isolated neurologically; audio is in the temporal lobe where as visual is in the occipital and parietal. S-so how do these two pieces coordinate, such as during demanding tasks.

This is where the episodic buffer comes in, storing information ACROSS domains and brain regions, allowing f-for integration of these different sources of information and processing, serving somewhat as a "super slave", filtering information from the auditory and visual slaves f-for long term storage or immediate use.

T-the point isn't to eliminate such thoughts d-dear; even a reduction is v-very useful.

Whew, I feel that! I've been on a bunch of jobs like that!

About t-to stream!

Sampling bias.

It's w-what I do