I'm eating pencil leads is it bad for me?

I'm eating pencil leads is it bad for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/ever-wondered-about-the-lead-in-pencils/2014/11/26/f8b5869c-548a-11e4-809b-8cc0a295c773_story.html?utm_term=.992fb3fbd04c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pencil#Lead_poisoning
todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/11/why-pencil-lead-is-called-lead/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah lead is poison dumbass

well i'm eating them every day for long time and i'm still alive...

That's graphite not lead.

Nah, it's just carbon. Lead has never been used in pencils.

Pencils have not used lead in decades

see
you moron.
>lead has never been used in lead pencils.

Lead has never been used in pencils, it's a common myth.

visit a psychologist you sick fuck

Get out normie
REEEEEEEEEEEE

If youre eating graphite you have pica which can be indicative of neurological problems. See a doctor.

"Although lead has not been used for writing since antiquity, lead poisoning from pencils was not uncommon. Until the middle of the 20th century the paint used for the outer coating could contain high concentrations of lead, and this could be ingested when the pencil was sucked or chewed."

>You never said where.

that's because there's no lead in pencils anymore they are out of graphit

washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/ever-wondered-about-the-lead-in-pencils/2014/11/26/f8b5869c-548a-11e4-809b-8cc0a295c773_story.html?utm_term=.992fb3fbd04c

Idiots. Why would they use a fucking metal in a writing instrument when charcoal/carbon has been used for millennia?

see
Oh, and you are the idiot.

Great source of protein.... definitely eat more.

graphite (what is found in pencils now a days) is mildly toxic...you can ingest a little here and there and be alright but not large quantities all at once. The biggest problem is the physical damage it can cause i.e. choking, messing with your stomach / intestines.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pencil#Lead_poisoning

And grass is green. So what?

I've been doing it my whole life and I'm fine.
As far as I know it passes through in unchanged state.

nice!

Where is this random quote from? Wikipedia? It's completely false. Lead cannot be used for writing. It is too soft and does not stick to surfaces the way graphite does. The reason why we say "lead" is because when graphite was discovered people thought it was some sort of lead.

if you are eating the sticks, just make sure you chew them well because in stick form they could probably poke through your esophagus, stomach, intestines and that can be fatal.
As for toxicity, probably not great for you but it's actually graphite so don't worry about lead poisoning.

Almost Hexs

>wikipedia
Are you people acting stupid on purpose?

graphite&clay, so mainly carbon and aluminumoxide.

but id stop it because of additives. when there are heavy metals inside youll collect them in your liver. there is no instant danger but also no way back.

see
It was used in the paint.
see
>nobody asked where it was used. legions of morons.

thank you user :3

While i'm far too lazy to google whether ingesting graphite is dangerous my gut (hurhur) tells me it's probably fine - we are carbon based lifeforms afterall.

>lead
Pensils are made of graphite, dumbass

> implying that lead paint did not have lead in it.

Natural selection is bad for you

>It was used in the paint.
Good for it. Has nothing to do with the subject here. They didn't even start using paint on pencils until the 1900's.

>uses wikipedia
checked

They said it was never used in the pencil.
Paint isn't in the pencil, it's on the outside.

Here's a better question...is it bad that for the past 12 years (I'm 40 now) I've been eating my own snot? I don't mean just once in a while but all day and at any chance I can get that I think no one will be watching. It's almost compulsory.

>thinks we are talking paint for some reason

How could it be poison when it protects you from radiation?

semantics are not debate, they are a sign of desperation.

>used in pencils
The paint is a part of the pencil.

If you want to speak in specifics, use specifics.

see

also it tastes great...go finding some chipping paint and give it a try!

If I ask

>What is in a potato?

Your interpretation of 'in' may include the skin, or it may not. But my lack of specification to it means I have opened the door to the entirety of the potato structure.

todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/11/why-pencil-lead-is-called-lead/

here you go faggots
now stop fucking arguing

Ask it another way:

> What is a car made of?

Well it damn well isn't the outer shell, only the parts inside.

Seriously.......

It's actually far healthier than not doing so. The hairs in your nostrils pick up a fuckton of dirt and bacteria so eating your snot actually improves your immune system by exposing you to them in small doses.

Just don't dig too hard and pick a hole through your septum because it will NEVER CLOSE and your nose will whistle for the rest of your life. Believe me i know.

nop, you digest a lot of mucus every day simply swallowing

>article excludes use of lead in paint.

Another lead paint denier.

The Earth is flat, Michelle Obama is a lizard creature transsexual, lead paint is a hoax.

dude what

how did you manage to pick a hole in ur nose, that's like hardcore nosepicking

So he likes to give nosejobs and swallow.

If you eat enough you will become a graphite human with metallic grey skin and people can use you as a pencil

is the 0.5 mm ? Do they also have a 2mm one ?
where can i buy those i want some cool self made pencils

Dunno, dug a little too hard, caused nose bleeds which made a scab which i dug out which took a little more with it, rinse and repeat. It's now about half an inch in diameter and the continual scabbing needs to be picked out or it starts blocking the passages and i can't breath. Of course picking that out makes it bleed more, removes more tissue and makes the hole wider and wider. I imagine i'll eventually lose the whole thing.

dude go to a doctor and tell him that you used to have a piercing

Let it develop a hole, then stick a lead pencil through the hole.

Already tried an ENT (ear, nose, throat doctor) and he basically said grafts generally don't take on the septum so i'll have to live with it.

they never used lead in pencils, they used charcoal sticks

Then he'll get lead poisoning. Dumbass.