Post tortured sports areas here

Why do the sports gods hate us so much?

Because DC is the liberal capital of the world

the gods don't like Americans either.

San Francisco/Oakland, Boston, LA, New York and Chicago are all liberal but win all the time

Washington will never win another championship until the R*dskins change their racist name

Also Seattle.

At least you're not Philly

>redskins, wizards and nationals
You are racist, heretic and a Nazi, and then you ask why god hates you?

Bay Area here - I know that feel DC bro :/

>tfw no conference championship appearances for any team for 20 years

Atlanta has it worse. Unlike some cities that have absolute shit tier teams that never win, Atlanta sports teams are full of potential and when they do make the postseason they shit the bed.
>2012 NL Wild Card Game: "The Infield Fly"
>2012 NFC Championship: Kaepernicked
>2013 NLDS: Fredi "Literally Hitler" Gonzalez leaves Craig Kimbrel in the bullpen. Get Cucked by Juan Uribe.
>2015 Eastern Conference Finals: LeBron'd
>2016 Eastern Conference Semifinals: LeBron'd Part 2: Electric Boogaloo
>2016 Barves entire Season
But there is hope for the future; Falcons look good this year, Braves are going to be yearly contenders similar to the 90s in a few years, etc.

Bucs gonna jump the Falcons to win the south

At least the Skins won some championships back in the 1980s-early 1990s

I hate people who cheer for the Ravens

worst mascot in baseball

It's because we fucking deserve it.

Every fan here is fairweather and either supports the team from the city they grew up in, or they know absolutely nothing about the sport and are only attending because their firm paid for the tickets.

Take the wizards for example, Whenever the Lakers play here every year there's chants of "LET'S GO LAKERS" that are loud as fuck. There's no spirit no competitive edge to even get people to want to cheer for the wizards.

The nats had something special last year but blew it. Also nats stadium barely could sell out game 1 of the NLDS vs the dodgers. On top of that, no one ever attends regular nats season games unless it's vs the any blue chip powwrhouse team like the mets, cubs, dodgers, or giants. However out of all the teams nats season ticket true fans have it worse than anyone else in DC, I will admit.

The redskins could have something going if they had ownership who acted like they gave a shit. Cousins is the only person bringing people to games. Shit, he got the crowd hyped up for the nats NLDS game just by saying "let's play ball" which drew a bigger applause than a Bryce harper introduction.

The capitals are just cucked and fucked. There's no other way to put it. Best record in the east, let alone NHL for multiple seasons but can't make it click when they need it in the playoffs. Similar to the nats but not as bad. Also the true blood caps fans need to stop acting so fucking entitled. Maybe it's just a hockey thing but they are super edgy and overall just faggots.

Same poster here

Also wanted to add why are there so many faggots who attend nats games?

I don't get it...the Wiz made the playoffs 2 years in a row, and they just drop off the face of the earth

It's because every top 8 team in the eastern conference got better this year except for the wizards.

Don't get me wrong the eastern conference is still a joke in terms of talent compared to the west but the wizards did fuck all to change things after last season

Do people in DC consider themselves to be part of the South? Because its below the Mason-Dixon line?

Or more apart of the Northeast (Philly, NYC, Boston)

if you're a new york fan that doesn't like the yankees and giants, you're in for a bad time

Pic related just seems to pour all its energy into one team at a time and they go on a tear, then the energy goes elsewhere when they need it most

Cavs (and Lake Erie Monsters ayy) championship(s) notwithstanding the last good thing Ohio got to enjoy was The Big Red Machine

Especially a problem because most people in Ohio are either raised Cleveland or Cincinnati fans and are taught to hate the other, when really we're one big miserable family

NorthVAfag here. It's because DC is a shit city that ruins everything.

none of you know true pain

Jesus Christ user.

because you have the most awful people living in your city

>Nationals
>Caps
>Wizards
>Racial Slurs

There's no unifying theme over your teams. Every other major city has this (except LA, which stole all its teams), maybe make them all Patriotism related.

Also DC is laid out in a pagan configuration, etc etc

Because you're city is a cancer upon this country. At least the Bay Area, Seattle and other liberal havens produce useful things. DC just creates levels of bureaucracy for their own jobs

Used to be a wizards fan, their GM is the worst in the world, don't really care anymore.

Caps fans are reddit incarnate, seen too many playoff collapses to even watch regular season games anymore.

Redskins, owner sucks, going to games isnt fun at all. Cousins probably the most exciting player I've seen on the R words since Sean Taylor

Nationals, everyone knows Harper is gonna leave, puts a lot of pressure on team to win right now. Most intelligent fan base in the area though.

MD football: why

MD Basketball: Turgeon can't run a half court offense, overrated coach.

Ive started to stop caring about sports.

Minnesota is easily the most cursed sporting state.

San Diego is cursed too

EAT EIGHT THOUSAND DICKS

We watched the Sharks and Warriors lose in the championship
Niners are 1-11 and Raiders leaving
Giants lost in the LDS and A's are a dumpster fire

It's pretty awful

>eight thousand

you're 1001 short

GIANTS THREE IN FIVE YEARS
WARRIORS WON AND THEN BARELY LOST AGAIN, LOOK LIKE THEY WILL WIN THE NEXT TEN
SHARKS MADE THE FINALS, UNKEKED THEMSELVES
NINERS MADE THE SHIP IN 2012

EAT 9001 DICKS

more the latter

Nats, Caps, and Wizards have the same colors

2 WS says otherwise

The Niners are pretty awful

At least skins fans can cheer for the ravens 30 miles away.

When? 25 years ago?

>national
>capital
>natives
I mean, other than Wizards it seems pretty consistent.

No one feels the pain as hard as buffalo.

Yeah...sure

literally have not made the playoffs in this century

Chargers literally moving away

True. life sucks for both huh?

Yeah cause your city hates them

Seriously, Buffalo is cursed. Cleveland is a close second (with the exception of 2016 which was a sign of the Trump presidency.)

Bills (4 superbowls, music city miracle, OJ Simpson, Doug Flutie)

Sabres (French Connection and getting cucked by the faggy Flyers, NO GOAL, 2006-07 and Briere/Drury leaving with no attempt to keep them, curse of Ryan Miller)

Maybe next year. Again

What's funny is I know guys in the Bay Area who act like this unironically

same poster,

Buffalo Bisons (losing franchise in early 1900s and replaced by irrelevant minor league)

Buffalo Braves leaving etc.

At least we have the Caps.

I thought Snyder had learned how to be a good owner and the Redskins were on the upswing?

Maybe the latter, I guess. I'm from DC, and I consider myself to live in the Nation's capital, not North or South.

I know it would never happen but it would be fuckin awesome to get an MLB team

Since when does anyone have unifying teams?
Tigers, Red Wings, Lions, Pistons.
Unifying teams were never a thing. Pittsburgh has the color scheme, but the names aren't related.
Still Detroit fans are pretty united.

Buffalo is the only one I can think of, Seattle loosely in that they're all related to things in washington

You beat the Yankees in the World Series months after 9/11.

this

i bet you're a nu male who supports the caps

Probably because they're terrible

and the idiots in SD are to blame

Vegas might get the Raiders and you know how?
by placing a deal nearly identical to yours

the only exception on Vegas is the deal did not need a public vote

both deals were to raise taxes on tourist and be privately funded alongside that too

RARE
A
R
E

It's only a matter of time until Wall heads out. Of all the DC teams the wizards future is definitely most bleak. And its sad because they're my favorite

Yes

>implying the whole state doesn't claim the Buckeyes and their success
Everything south of Columbus is Kentucky, you aren't even a part of this state.

thats not the green monster

>same poster
No really? I thought another Samoan was hanging out here and lamenting Buffalo sports franchises.

Fight me

how does one break a sports curse? every time I get really excited about a season, a huge streak of losses come up, I've convinced myself the spooky shit is real

can you break it, or do you have to pass it on like gonorrhea?

It Follows

cheer up, kirk cousins will save you

Nah, they'll drop at least one or two of those Saints and Panthers games and they'll definitely lose to the Cowboys.

The Falcons will probably go 3-1 the remainder. It's the Rams, 49ers, and two teams they've already wrecked this season.

someone's bitter
you should dry those tears with a handful of burnt out quarterbacks

>implying anyone in Cleveland gives a shit about the Browns any more
Your Kentuckyism is showing

TYBC(ousins)

North

The south begins somewhere south of Springfield, VA

The sports team success is indicative of the overall feeling in the city about the situation it's in. Hopefully the Lions go far this year we need it.

Cavs are the defending champion
Indians won the pennant last year
Buckeyes won the natty in 2014 and are in the playoffs again
Blue Jackets are decent this year and on their way to the playoofs

>b-but the Browns
Nobody cares.

Agreed. I wish there was a way to reason with Browns fans, however.

see my flag

Didnt a sabres goalie get his throat slashed and survived suicide?

2 of the 3 Cleveland teams are good enough, people just love to dog on the entire city just baceuse of how abysmal the Browns are. Not even a Clevelander btw but those are facts.

I'd say it's Buffalo, Minneapolis and Phoenix, in this order.

>No Philly yet
Phillies
That 08 World Series was nice but since that team has dissolved they've been abysmal
Sixers
No longer the *worst* team in the NBA but close to it.
Flyers
Never play to potential, but this season looking p good so far
Iggles
What the fuck man

The whole city claimed VU hoops this year, however. But school is on the main line, has next to no local players, and most of the students are Jersey/ NY trash.

All points north of Quantico and east of Dulles should just become Diet Maryland.

Agreed Villanova is not a Philadelphia school. GO OWLS!!!!!!!

I'm not from there but Maryland used to be clearly South but ever since the Civil War the cultural line of the North has been slowly going South in Maryland and Missouri. Maryland is now all North, and Missouri is mostly North by being Midwestern. Virginia is still South and anything bar NOVA is probably not going to become North.