21 y/o oldfag here, why do i miss the late teens when i was depressed af?

21 y/o oldfag here, why do i miss the late teens when i was depressed af?
I stumbled on music, writtings and memories from my 17-19s when i was an edgy fuck and i somehow feel nostalgic. I don't know if it's the fact that i stopped caring about anythign and therefore liberated myself from existentialism or simply appreciate that part of my years. Any user feel the same way? Any anons in a hard place right now?

you're missing the freedom of being a kid more than the mindset. shits hard, but you can do it because we're all doing it

that's probably it.
I wrote some nice stories and had so many ideas that i documented and i feel like i'm losing my creativity extremely fast. Things that wouldn't make sense and are edgy af yet were weirdly romantic and meaningful are not part of art i create these days
accepting the role of a young adult is shit tbh.

Oldfag my feckin arse. Try that shit when you're pushing fifty and have been here for over ten years.

You're a child a bit scared of the world. It is normal. It will pass. You'll get fucked up and broken on the way, but what the hell. Finally you'll get to the stage where you'll freely admit that you're lurking on a mongolian cave painting imageboard and basically waiting for death to set in.

bruh how do you end up 50 and on this website, i feel like most the shit on here is already getting old and unfunny

shitposting to make his 16yo son leave the house more

There is the odd golden thread, also I mainly lurk Sup Forums.

>oldfag
>21
>'i remember when'
>you can remember anything when you're that young and your brain is as undeveloped as yours

22, Diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour. Haven't told anyone about it, coming to terms with the fact I'm going to die.

how so i actually don't get it
>is a weeb
i tried getting into anime, i just can't like it
wouldn't it be easier for younger people to remember? what with alzeimer's and all
i don't think anything said would help, what are things you like and want to remember? Anything you want/don't want to talk about?

Last week was pretty rough. I don't sleep so well any more, spent the nights remembering memories from various relatives and friends. First time I've cried in probably 4 years. It's quite difficult motivating myself to do anything any more, waiting to die is something I don't think I can adequately explain.

I wasn't asking you to like chinese cartoons; I came here when Sup Forums was about bloody anarchy. These days there's too much waifu faggotry, pictures you shouldn't share cancer, location pron.

Let's not get above ourselves, during the dial soap days and mache alles it was a load of shit, but Sup Forums has gotten awfully formulaic these days.

Therefore Sup Forums became my go-to board, as you have to have a couple of ounces of wits to survive there. Here, not so much.

Yeah, am on the way to weaboohood. However - does this contradict any of the arguments I've presented here?

i understand perfectly that such a thing is not explainable and i truly don't know what that must feel like. Last summer i had a serious cardiac pain (i've been operated for a defect in my heart) and for an entire week it hurt to move and breathe.

I read once in Pasternak's 'Dr. Zhivago':
It i scary when the dentist is about to take away your tooth, but this, this is life taking away not a part of me but all of me.
And i could honestly relate to that feeling as a kind of pain took over my entire body.
What is your name, user? What do you like?
it absolutely doesn't and i wouldn't know what Sup Forums used to be like, i only started coming on here in like 2015

John Smith. I don't really know how to answer that question, what do I like?. When I was a kid all I wanted to do was be a soldier. I was athletic, ran a lot, played a lot of basketball growing up. I applied to join the army when I was 19 and was declined for medical reasons. Since then my life slowly fell apart. I've lost interest in a lot of things. I spend most of my time playing computer games with my friend from school. We've known each other since we were 8 years old. He has no idea about my diagnosis, but the only thing I enjoy doing at the moment is spending time with him.

Well, I hope things work out for you. But I would like you to know that you are completely misusing the word "Oldfag".

I wouldn't apply it to myself as I missed Snacks and DSFARGEG. And both of them were a few years ago.

But every year, we have an influx of newbs, every summer, who think they know the board culture. It gets a bit tiring. Suddenly you see people who've lurked here a couple of years, never been shoveldog'd, never seen hello.jpg, never been lemonpartied. And all these people simultaneously hink that the thing they saw last thursday is the hottest shit ever.

I'm not attacking you personally, but after a while this gets a bit tiring. There's a wonderful interweb out there, and I'm told the 3d version ain't too bad either. Go out and find/create/do something awesome, because sitting here missing a time when you were struggling with teen angst ain't likely to do anything for you in the long run.

Peace out mate, hope you get your shit together.

Hey John Smith, i'm Malcolm Fritzsche.
It's a pleasure to meet you on the virtual platform.

did they ever say waht the medical reasons were when they declined you?
what part of the military did you want to join/like?

I'm happy you have a friend who seems to be so close to you, i've only been friends with the people i know since like 2013. What games do you like to play with him? I feel like it would be nice if you went on to play with him if he's free, the least you deserve is a good time with friends
i understand man, i meant oldfag more in the sense that i'm 21 and feel old af

I remember discovering blink 182 and linkin park. also mobile cd players were a thung.

I can relate so much. Cheers user, we can make it even if it's scary as fuck

i liked linkin park but was too young/poor to ever have one of those walkmen, never even got any cds but i remember how we had a lot of VHS tapes, actually still think i have them
cheers, fellow user

Posting things

(not OP by the way)

that's nice, yours?

No. I don't have any of my work on the phone.

oh right, nice photos though.
do you collect gloomy photos?
(man you were so close to quads)

I was, Damn. I collect lots of pictures. Perhaps too much. I have folders of vary and weird categories. Did you paint what you're posting?

OK I'm going to bed OP good look with your life and take care

Yes, when I was a kid around 12 I had eczema. It wasn't a bad case but I had it predominantly around the inside of my elbow (where your biceps and forearm meet). By the time I had my army medical I was completely free of any symptoms. I did, however, have a small rash around the area and the doctor flagged me up on that.
I was interested in a few areas of the military. As a kid I wanted to be some sort of pilot or driver, helicopters or tanks. By the time I applied I learned you kinda need to be not only academically smart but have certain qualifications from school to be a pilot. I didn't have either, so there was tank crewman. Naturally as a kid I didn't really understand the concept of a crew, I thought the inside of a tank looked similar to the inside of a car. When I realised that it's 4-5 guys cramped in a small enclosed space it sort of lost it's charm. Needless to say I respect tank crews a lot more now. So realistically I was left with a trade or combat orientated roles. I liked the idea of (I forget the name) communications. I had an interest in networking and ICT towards the end of high school and this would set me up for life after military service. However I really wanted to join a reconnaissance unit. They call them pathfinders in some military organisations. When I applied I got to choose 3 roles and then I was tested and interviewed. The results from my test enabled me to select any of my three options (I don't remember the third I selected, It was some sort of mechanical role).

I play a bunch of games with my friend. Right now we are pretty into Player Unknown's Battlegrounds. It has been a tough period for me. I've grown up with this person, we've had very contrasting lives and ultimately he is in a good position now. He is doing well at his job and he just got a new car. Hatchback Impreza. It was difficult for me to spend time around him when I got my diagnosis, it felt like everything was going great for him...

...and things were just shit for me. But I've kind of learned to accept it and feel happy for him. I'm really proud of him. When we were at school (8-12) he had some learning difficulties, dyslexia and some others. No one really expected him to do well in high school or post school. He studied at college and got a qualification in engineering. Now he has paved the way for himself to start his own business and move upward in life. We have an interesting relationship. It would take me a long time to explain everything.