What are the chances that in the next 10 years someone will surpass grimes? will ever be another grimes?

what are the chances that in the next 10 years someone will surpass grimes? will ever be another grimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
youtube.com/watch?v=Aqp3Ic8iwWE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYRUYnr5bA
youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM
soundcloud.com/radiockut/grimes-live-on-ckut-march-15-2010
youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

did grimes give Sup Forums mods sexual favors?

>what are the chances that in the next 10 years someone will surpass grimes?
0 because she's only getting bigger, how can compete?
>will ever be another grimes?
I've been trying to summon a tulpa of her for months but so far unsuccessfully.
Delet

what a waste of fucking time this bitch is

I don't think so. I wouldn't want to fuck that thing even if I were paid to do it

keep your sexual bullshit to yourself, waifufag.

>not talking about music on /mu

No. Much like how there will never be another Bjork.

you're spamming the board hoping that people will care

this is just my first thread for today. do you even know what is spamming?

Tell me about grimes, why doesnt she shave her pits?

see

you really have nothing better to do

i like grimesposting, that's my new hobby. any problem?

you make me depressed
you make me depressed
you make me depressed

youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

you care about yourself
you care about yourself
you take it out on people

>that Robin Williams cameo
Talk about irony.

Yeah he was a bit of a comedian tho.

Hopefully not.

Don't forget to vote daily for our grimey's music video!
mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/

wow cute

cute as a button

call me once she reached lana's level of perfection

call me once lana did a song half as good as oblivion and realiti

cute is a button

lana del taco

so literally every lana song? just gonna need your number

somewhere there is another little boy born into captivity with a dream!

>so literally every lana song?
no. nice try tho.

Kek.

Somewhere imprisoned in a chicken cage in a basement in Tel Aviv is a little boy with a dream.

but that's pretty much how it is?

so funny

he should stop feeling sorry for himself and live his own life in that chicken cage

In pop music there will always be another everyone. You'd be a fool to think otherwise. Once Grimes falls off the face of the earth, the labels will find a carbon copy of her to fit in the niche that she left in her wake. Thats the business of pop music.

cunt bump

>the labels will find a carbon copy of her
are you sure they will actually succeed? imo she's one of the very few artists that are irreplaceable.

>the labels will find a carbon copy of her to fit in the niche
Except that Grimes doesn't exist in a major label niche.

Really? Of all the artists that have ever existed you choose Grimes to be one of the few that are unique and irreplacable? She plays middle of the road synthpop made to general audiences. She's a pop musician. There will always be another dance music with female vocals group that will be ready to step up to the podium the second that Grimes steps down. The labels will succeed because they'll market the fuck out of whoever they find to replace Grimes until people accept it.

If she doesn't fit in a niche then she's even more replacable. What pont are you even trying to make?

Except grimes is literal garbage that people only pretend to like cuz muh qt waifu

holy shit i love memes1

I'll vote if you kill yourself

what a stupid question. of course there won't be
>will there ever be another self-proclaimed alternative pop musician who creepy obsessive dudes drool over?
absolutely.

done

how the fuck are people still forcing this topic she isn't even doing things

turboautism and NEET status

id like to take her seriously though, but the conditions don't really allow it

No, Grimes is unique, the most beautiful, perfect and talented human being,

grimes seems cool

She's probably working on her next album right now.

>She plays middle of the road synthpop made to general audiences.
What is this?
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
Or this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Aqp3Ic8iwWE
Or this?

>If she doesn't fit in a niche then she's even more replacable.
>if someone doesn't fit into a pre-defined mold then they are more easily replaced
Were you in special ed as a kid? Did you not graduate?

wow she's cute

piss bottle

looking at 50 years or waifu artists she has nothing really unique that will give her staying power. She'll be replaced soon with the next quirky younger waifu artist and forgotten except by her most diehard fans. It has been a continous cycle i have observed since the mid 70's

nice digits

>she has nothing really unique that will give her staying power.
see
>It has been a continous cycle i have observed since the mid 70's
Grimes hasn't been around since the 70s. Try again.

who's her lamp? is it us? are we the lamp?

Good question.

I like Grimes' music but posters like you are fucking annoying. So many people here hate her (and her music) just in spite of shitty posts like yours, and I don't blame them. Talk about her music without the waifufaggotry or fuck off to a fanpage.

terrible answer

you've said this a million times though you whore

'
No...I have been around since the 70's.

And nothing inn those videos is that unnique that it won't be replaced once she puts on the slightest bit of weight or starts to show her age. The generation after you will not see her in the same way her waifu smitten fans see her toady. The list of female artist forgotten is quite lengthy.

why do these threads suck so much? they're just shit threads at the end of the day

>And nothing inn those videos
Lol you didn't even "watch" them, did you?

Hint: Two of them aren't videos. And the third one features an artist other than Grimes.

grimes is so real you guys

they are on youtube. they are videos to me.
They are all 3 MP4 format which is a video format.
You can keep your opinion based on whatever your motivation and I'll keep mine based on 50 years of musical observation. In less then 5 years we'll find out who is right. She'll either explode into popularity or fade in obscurity.

how long have you guys spent every waking hour on here? has it been a long time?

I love how she's showing her feet more often.

>they are videos to me.
Is this also a "video" to you?
youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM

>She'll either explode into popularity or fade in obscurity.
No shit, Sherlock.

By definition yes. It is on youtube and it is in MP4 format. If i was streaming it from a non video oriented site (say Spotify) then no...it would not be a video.

>it is in MP4 format.
Honey, MP4 is a multimedia container format, meaning that it is non video/audio specific. E.g. music in your iTunes library is primarily stored in .mp4 files.

MPEG-4 was developed by the "Moving Picture Experts Group" for video (pic related)

>MPEG-4 was developed by the "Moving Picture Experts Group"
As was mp3

>for video
as well as AUDIO and text data streams. That's what being a container format means.

People actually listen to grimes or is this grimes spamming grimes everyday?

So what is your point. We both are right. it is used for Video and Audio. But MP3 is used more for audio and can't be used for video. What reason exists to use MP4 instead of MP3 if their is no video file component associated with it? (audio only M-PEG4 files usually have a m4a extension not MP4)

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

Only Claire can surpass herself.

yes, we love her music

can you just stop saying this, just say bump

people who have been here too long

no

I think you're confusing niche with the opposite of niche. Niche means denoting or relating to products, services, or interests that appeal to a small, specialized section of the population. Niche is the opposite of standard, which would be what the pre-defined mold is. Someone that's niche is unique. Someone that fits into a niche is unique. You're arguing the opposite of the point you're tryng to make.

Actually listening. Trying to pay less attention actually. It's hard. For some, her music gets into the deepest recesses of their brains and it's hard to get out once it's there.

Understandable. Since I listened to Grimes for the first time two years ago, I listen to her music every day.

>She plays middle of the road synthpop made to general audiences
you couldn't be further from the truth. i bet you didn't even listen to all her discography.

I think i'd literally go insane if I did that. I don't listen to it near as much as I did. Last year I was deep into it because I had just purchased (slowly) all of her CD's. I had them on pretty constantly but i've nearly entirely stopped listening to them this year. Just Halfaxa pretty much, to get that dark vibe I like when i'm around at night.

Otherwise I listen to a track here and there every so often. Nothing like last year. Honestly trying to pull away before this all drives me nuts or I get tired of it. Not sure which. I really like her and her music though, just think it was scary how deep into it I was.

Didn't quite get to the point where I ordered my worship-grimes-starter-kit. But just about.

except your opinion is literal trash. you're wrong on every level.

>she has nothing really unique that will give her staying power
except she has. could you even name ONE similar artist to her? one artist with such a wide stylistic range, who did songs like scream and dream fortress?

>posters like you are fucking annoying
speak for yourself, neet. right now you're fucking annoying with your idiotic whining. you're not the thoughts police, let people post in whatever style they want, ffs.

that's just your dumb opinion. if you don't like them, who forces you to visit them? who?

you're just a cranky old man unable to understand the recent developments in music. if you're confusing grimes with past waifus, you're terribly wrong. don't be fooled by her appearance, her music is actually great. that is a solid foundation that will keep her relevant even when she will get older. her fanbase is expanding as we speak.

>In less then 5 years we'll find out who is right.
i can tell you already that you will lose the bet. grimes' career was on the rise and never took a nosedive. see you in 5 years.

You have a point.

bump

>So what is your point.
How are any of these songs classifiable as "middle of the road synthpop made to general audiences"?
soundcloud.com/radiockut/grimes-live-on-ckut-march-15-2010

youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU

he's just shitposting without even listening to her music. a waste of time.

>I think you're confusing niche with the opposite of niche.
To re-quote what I was specifically responding to:
>>If she doesn't fit in a niche then she's even more replacable.
A pre-defined niche (the only kind of niche someone can be said to fit/not fit into) is the definition of a mold. All artists exist in some sort of niche. What makes artists like Scott Walker, Bjork, or Grimes "niche artists" - which is to say particularly unique - is that their particular niches didn't exist before they did. Other artists can (and often do) then come along and inhabit those same (or EXTREMELY similar) now pre-defined niches. These are the mold/standard/unoriginal artists.

Technically you are right. It is just this poster's logic that is faulty (my original point.)

hello

hi

Hellooooooooooo...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

All of my dreams begins with Claire.