Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g3Jmuhy5O04
youtube.com/watch?v=ooOL4T-BAg0
youtu.be/j3v5iqAWvvw
youtube.com/watch?v=CBjij5QgzeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

danny brown exists

Because this exists .

Many comparable hip-hop albums have been released since then. Atrocity Exhibition, Fischale, The Money Store, and Deltron 3030 have all been released since 2000, and that's just a mere handful of contenders.

I cant, you are correct. What others come close in rhe last couple years? Havent been paying attention much

>All this love for AE

It wasn't even as good as Old or XXX you're only dick riding him because he's gone all Death Grips and Fantano/P4K dick ride him tooo

I can relate to the album. It reminds me of my own life.

Are you this insecure?

>I can relate to the album

Bullshit

True patrician

just a quick question are madvillain and mf doom the same person. Also related to the album i just started listing to it and its good so far

Sure, I don't do a lot of drugs, but I find it very ralatable when he talks about how his life is spiraling out of control and that he is spending all of his money on small pleasures in order to have something to live for.

Madvillain is the colab name for MF Boom and Mad Libs, who makes the beats.

>FM BOOM
I want to listen to this

oh okay thanks

this. way better than memevillain

Production is boring and has about a grand total of 3 interesting musical moments

3 songs in they forget about the "comic book supervillain" concept and just go off on irrelevant tangents. The final song is completely irrelevant and is just a mishmash of bragrap motifs.

Doom's flow is horrible. He sounds like he's 5 years old and he's constantly out of breath

Rhyme schemes are irritatingly basic

The lyrics really aren't that interesting

It's not that good. The reality is just that rap music is so bad that when something comes along that's somewhat conceptual and polished people hail it as a masterpiece.

I'd like to live in a world where this is just an okay rap album but yeah.

sorry op

Ahahahahahahahhagagagah

nice bait dude here's your (You)

cause it drops off significantly in the second half

It's not bait because I don't have your opinion.

If it's so dumb you can't believe someone would actually believe this it shouldn't be hard for you to form an argument of some kind

Also MF Doom has about 7 different monikers. It's kind of his thing. Madvillain happens to be the one that's collaborated with Madlib.

Eye

this all day erryday

I haven't been on Sup Forums in years, and you fucks are still talking about the same albums.

Completely agree, Jeffery is also very close.

we're also still talking about the beatles
who would have thought

mate this is some really terrible bait or you honestly have a medical condition
>Rhyme schemes are irritatingly basic
DOOM is probably the most respected rhymer lyricist in hip-hop. to say his rhymes are basic is objectively wrong.
>Ban me the dough rake, daddy
>The flow make her fatty shake, patty cake, patty cake
>For fake, if he was Anita Baker's man
>He'd take her for her masters, hit it once an' shake her hand
>On some ol' thank ya ma'am an' ghost her
>She could mind the toaster if she sign the poster
>A whole host of roller coaster riders
>Not enough tracks
>Hot enough black
>It's too hot to handle, you got blue sandals
>Who shot ya? Ooh got you new spots to vandal?
>Do not stand still, boast yo' skills
>Close but no krills, toast for po' nils, post no bills
>Coast to coast Joe Shmoe's flows ill, go chill
>Not supposed to overdose No-Doz pills
>Off pride tykes talk wide through scar meat
>Off sides like how Worf rides with Starfleet
>Told ya, on some get-rich shit
>As he get older he gets colder than a witch tit
>This is it, make no mistakes
>Where my nigga go?
>Figaro, Figaro

Do you know what a rhyme scheme is? If you do then I don't understand how that's supposed to be a rebuttal

Sentence, sentence that rhymes with last word

Repeat

I'm not even sure it can get more basic than that

Here's a rhyme scheme with some kind of depth to it

youtube.com/watch?v=g3Jmuhy5O04
for someone as retarded as you

As if you got up a fucking excel chart of eminem lyrics, please please please go back to listening to Queen or something

lmao do you even know what rhyming is? you watched this video youtube.com/watch?v=ooOL4T-BAg0 and now you think you know everything about rhyme schemes
please watch this and tell my why the bars i posted aren't a rebuttal to your dipshit criticism

Fair enough

It's still not that impressive though. You can make your song have a million notes too but it's not really that impressive unless you do something interesting with them

because this is

youtu.be/j3v5iqAWvvw

>Giving y'all nothing but the lick like two broads
>Got more lyrics than the church got "Ooh Lords"
>And he hold the mic and your attention like two swords
>Or even one with two blades on it
>Hey you, don't touch the mic like it's AIDS on it
>It's like the end to the means
>Fucked type of message that sends to the fiends

This shit sucks and you know it does

You can make all the roundabout reasoning about why some guy's overweight uncle apathetically reading shitty slam poetry is "genius work of urban art" if you really want to but apply this to any other musician that isn't a rapper and / or black and I'm extremely hard pressed to believe you would look twice at it

youtube.com/watch?v=CBjij5QgzeE

Here's a freestyle by Eminem. Give me all your roundabout mental gymnastics about why this is isn't a genius work of poetry by a savant wordsmith by your standards

I think you're acting retarded on purpose and baiting me so this is my last reply

you will never hear this album in the ghetto

this sub is AIDS mixed with whiny white angst

Stop shilling that shit

no u

See saying something doesn't make it true. An "argument" needs to be backed up with a rebuttal of some kind

Are you familiar with the term pseudo-intellect? It means giving credit to contemporary things for the sake of being contemporary

you will never hear the phrase "the ghetto" in "the ghetto"

>white people

Yeah, that's not rap.

>And you wanna menage a trois you twats
>Fuck that I'd rather turn this club to a bar room brawl
>Get rowdy as Roesthlisberger in a bathroom stall
>Like a leaf stuck in a vacuum you're only nothing but a whole lot of suckin' goin' on in rap
>Yeah but I'm home
>Bad to the bone
>Back in the zone
>Let him alone
>You don't wanna go eggin' him on

pottery

obviously an expert

face it whitey

>says MF DOOM sucks

>starts praising eminem

>Giving y'all nothing but the lick like two broads
Deceptively simple line. It foreshadows the line about AIDs by talking about homosexuality and the one about swords with 'broad'. The line can also function with the preceding lyric 'The true gods' for the additional meaning that the two artists on the track (Doom and Madlib) are licking (attacking) you (bad MCs) with two broadswords.
>Got more lyrics than the church got "Ooh Lords"
fantastic one liner
>And he hold the mic and your attention like two swords
great imagery
>Or even one with two blades on it
great imagery part 2: electric boogaloo
>Hey you, don't touch the mic like it's AIDs on it
Probably the least good line in this section of the verse but it does imply that there's fluid on the mic that could transmit AIDs in the first place. I'd assume he means blood.
>It's like the end to the means
>Fucked type of message that sends to the fiends
An undoing of the phrase "a means to an end" which describes the will to do anything to achieve your goal. Doom could be comparing having unsafe sex in the AIDs line as a means to pleasure which destroys one's life in general. The microphone is a privileged end that the wack MC hasnt earned yet through wins, and a pursuit that will destroy them.