Is it cool/contrarian to like them again now?

is it cool/contrarian to like them again now?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deftones
youtube.com/watch?v=LgLt5u8Lzrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you deleted Fred Durst they could've been a good instrumental prog metal band

cool and contrarian are not the same thing

this desu, borland is actually pretty talented but he himself admitted that he "has the AIDS that is Limp Bizkit"

No.

The debut album is actually decent though. But no one dares admit it.

Nu metal bands that were actually good contrarian reevaluation power rankings after years of hate:

1. THE DEFTONES
2. INCUBUS
3. SYSTEM OF A DOWN
4. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
5. THOSE BANDS THAT GOT LIKE ONE BIG HIT THAT MAKES YOU NOSTALGIC FOR BEING A KID IN THE 2000'S AND BEING ALL HOPPED UP ON CAPRI SUN LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR HEADSTRONG ILL TAKE YOU ON HEAD STRONG ILL TAKE ON ANYONE CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES THIS IS MY BOOK REPORT
000000000000000.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.6 limp bisket

They wouldn't have made a dime, Fred is unironically a good frontman.
They only get hate due to the internet hivemind, most of the people haven't heard a full LB album.

Three Dollar Bill Ya'll , 6.5/10
Significant Other , 7/10
Chocolate Starfish , 4/10
Results May Vary (2003), 4/10
The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) (2005), 4/10
Gold Cobra (2011), 4/10

Early Slipknot albums are actually #1 though.

Fred's existance is warranted by the fact that he produced a GOAT bass sound on Lacquer Head by Primus, so I can't hate him too much
Korn should be on there as well desu

Slipknot is unironically amazing. Check out some of their early live footage

yeah i forgot slipknot is a decent metal band

no, korn and limp bisket were the garbage cancer

1. Deftones
2. Korn
3. Early Slipknot
4. Incubus
5. Limp Bizkit
6. System of a Down
7. That first Mudvayne album
8. Satellite by P.O.D.
9001. Those groove metal and death metal bands that jumped into the numetal bandwagon, including Machine Head, Fear Factory and Sepultura
Underrated: St. Anger

Forgot Alien Ant Farm, should be above LB.

No, korn and limp bizket will be a forever cancer and there is no way you can like them without being a n edgy 13 year old boy in the late 90's early 2000's.

But I'm not an edgy 13 y/o in the 90s or early 00s.

The live in Dynamo 2000 is one of my favorite performances ever.

Slipknot is a decent metal band, what more do you want, its got the screamy man, guys in horror masks.
Everyone thinks of numetal as kind of dumb, but then you got the deftones, which is the closest nu metal is to experimental, you got chino like mixing metal with shoegaze and dream pop and trip hop.
Incubus were a good radio rock band, brandon boyd was handsome as fuck, sort of had like that pseud intellectual stoner thing going on, but it was alright.
System of down was fun.
Rage against the machine was the political part of nu metal.

Korn, limp bizket, and linken park will always be garbage though

Was 311 nu metal?

Shoutouts to Taproot who were criminally slept on, they were pretty good back in the day. One of the better nu metal bands

>Limp Bizkit over SOAD
fucking wew

Don't lump Korn in that group. The self-titled album is a classic nu-metal album, and something that was completely new at the time.

LB instrumentation is better, to be fair LB instrumentation is probably the best out of every numetal band. Ryan Martinie comes close.

Yeah I dont think so chief

Who had better instrumentation?
Deftones and Korn have the upper hand due to them always experimenting. Even if you don't like them, both bands never got stuck.
Alien Ant Farm, Incubus, Mudvayne and Limp Bizkit were all about the musicianship, Incubus took the radio friendly safe route and AAF tried the same, but failed. Mudvayne depends on their bassist but even he can't carry the whole band. Bizkit are the ones who kept balance between every instrument.
SOAD s/t and toxicity are good albums, but sound kinda generic. Tankian really makes the difference.
Slipknot is the wild card, their s/t is really interesting.

>read your post
>chuckle
>decide to reverse search that quote just to check, doubt its real
>its real
>its fucking real

Have to agree. I don't like Slipknot but I admit the sheer energy of their live shows early on was impressive as fuck. Dudes were fucking relentless

>deftones and korn always experimenting

Yeah, no, only the deftones were experimenting, they broke out of the nu metal shell and became bigger than it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deftones

>The band is known as one of the most experimental groups to have come from the alternative metal music scene. They are sometimes dubbed "the Radiohead of metal" by critics.

Korn too, like it or not.

Saw them at Reading a couple of years ago and the crowd was unironically loving it.

Korn experimented. The Path of Totality is actually good for what it is. Only Korn would be down to collaborate with Skrillex.

>RATM
>Nu-Metal

his guitar work is quite good. actually all of the band members are. fred is just fred. it worked out out so good for them.

>caring about what other people think

You'll grow up eventually

And yes, Limp Bizkit is and always was great

like whatever you like nigga damn it aint that hard

>hopping on the dubstep trend train
>experminting

Dude, fucking chino was mixing metal with trip hope and shoegaze while knuckle draggers like korn were singing nursery rhymes to plebes

>Although initially rooted in heavy metal, Deftones have always claimed diverse influences from groups of various genres, with their musical style diversifying over their career.[2] Their sound has been described as alternative metal, art rock, experimental rock, nu metal, post-punk, post-hardcore, dream pop, drone, shoegazing, post-metal or metalgaze, stoner rock, progressive metal, trip hop, glitch, math metal, psychedelia, space rock and dark pop

>The music critic Johnny Loftus wrote, "Rock critics usually reserve a special place for Deftones above or at least away from the rest of the turn-of-the-century metal movement [....] Deftones have always seemed more curious, more willing to incorporate traditionally revered sounds like D.C. hardcore and dream pop into their Northern California alt-metal".[51] Peter Buckley, the author of The Rough Guide to Rock, called the band "one of the most primal, powerful, and experimental" bands in the alternative metal scene

youtube.com/watch?v=LgLt5u8Lzrk

I can't speak for the other guy, but I'm not comparing Deftones to Korn, just saying that Korn also experimented.

Don't know why you took it that way.

Limp Bizkits guitarist married this girl btw

good taste

>early slipknot

Their early stuff was more metal than the hip hop hybrid that became numetal. The same for Mudvayne.

There are way more bands that should be listed. Someone mentioned Alien Ant Farm. Literally a one hit wonder band yet no one wants to say anything about Linkin fucking Park?

The hip hop metal bands were a plenty and it always seems like you leave them out to try and bring in more mainstream acts that dont exactly fit the genre.

Are the deftones the first "art metal" band?
That term doesnt even have a wiki page

i like that clicky bass guitar korn uses

If it wasnt for Chino doing his so many side projects Deftones would even be that much different. They are seriously over rated and sound terrible live.

Isn't Mr Bungle older than Deftones?
Early Slipknot had some interesting stuff going on, specially during the production of their S/T. As for AAF, they're pretty underrated, even if they're a one hit wonder band.

Linkin Park came way too late and just followed what every important band settled as the radio sound. They're better than the average nu metal act, but more of a side note compared to the ones already mentioned ITT.

They aren't overrated but they sound terrible live indeed.

ok well take away Linkin Park and you still have Corporate Avenger and Kotton Mouth Kings.

And as under rated as you might think if you include them than you have to atleast give The Apex Theory, Hoobastank, Finger Eleven, and bands like them the same respect. Without there one hit cover song AAF would get lost in the static easily.

No ones even mentioned Snot.