Im so sorry I doubted you

>be me
>fan of prog
>Rush, Yes, PF, ELP, s'all good
>go to Sup Forums
See this weird screaming face in a shitload of chart threads.
>I'm like "who is this King Crimson guy?"
>Never really bothered to look it up cuz mucore is usually trash
>notices Greg Lake is in it.
>"hmm okay he's great"
>notices Bill Bruford is in it
>"oh fuck yeah he's great"
>see loads of (actual) reviews place them very highly, and see lots of artists list them as influences
>"okay maybe I should check them out"
>notices they aren't on Apple Music or Spotify
>fuck.jpg
>put them off for another long while cuz I don't want to ruin it with shitty MP3 sound quality
>one day see that they are on iTunes
>got a little extra money lyin' around
>ah, what the hell.avi
>Buy the one with screaming face
>Use my $80 over the ears headphones for best experience.
>press play
>40 minutes later
>On the edge of tears

Where has this been all my life. How did I put this off. Wtf is wrong with me?

I'm so so sorry that I didn't listen to you guys earlier. This is by far the best album of all time. It's just so beautiful. Maybe I should start listening to you more often. So to that end, what should I do as far as digging deeper in to King Crimson? And then what other good prog rock bands/albums should I turn to that I may not have heard [of] before?

How can you consider yourself a fan of Prog but not listen to King Crimson? Wtf retard

summer

nice blog post faggot

yes, it's beautiful and perfect in every single way
mean

This should be your next listen.

Because I didn't really think that think that they were as good as people made them seem. Plus they weren't on Apple Music which is were I listen to most of my music so I just kinda put it off. In hindsight I get how retarded I was, which I'm very regretful about

Is there the normal version on itunes? I'm only seeing the expanded edition

No the expanded version is the only one

ITCOTCK>Discipline>Red>ITWoP=ToaPP=LTiA>Thrak>Lizard>S&BB>Islands>Lvl Fire>Beat

there ya go

Well that fucking sucks. I'd much rather listen to the original version.

Just listen to the first 5 tracks then

you type like a fag

This

Listen to their albums chronologically. There are several distinct eras, sonically:

1.) ITCOTCK, In the Wake of Poseidon, Lizard, Islands
2.) Larks Tongues in Aspic, Starless and Bible Black, Red
3.) Discipline, Beat, Three of a Perfect Pair
4.) Thrak, The Construction of Light, Power to Believe.

The first and second eras are where the real classics lie, though the first album of the third era, Discipline, is also top tier. I want to spoil as little as possible, but apart from the fact that ITWOP is quite similar to ITCOTCK, all the albums offer something different, and there is violent disagreement over which of them are best. Make up your own mind, though LTIA, Red and Lizard are my favourites.

As for other bands, apart from those you quoted, try Genesis, Gentle Giant, Jethro Tull, Van der Graaf Generator, The Soft Machine, Renaissance, Aphrodite's Child, Camel, Caravan, Premiata Formiata Marconi, Banco del Mutuo Soccorso and Magma. There's bound to be something you like in that lot!

this

>don't want to ruin it with shitty MP3 sound quality
>proceeds to get it off iTunes

^ This guy knows what he's talking about. I'd add Gryphon to that list of bands.

Alright that sounds like good advice, thanks

No problem, KC's live albums are also magnificent, but contrary to Sup Forums orthodoxy I would advise you not to touch them until you become familiar with the studio stuff. Otherwise, you won't really appreciate the little differences and added energy that make live albums worthwhile in the first place.

No but the itunes is significantly better than whatever I could find on the internet plus it's a remaster I think

Beat is great fuck you

Please for the love of God listen to their masterpiece 'Starless' right this fucking second.

cant tell if subtle troll or retard

>Lizard that low
>Islands that low
>Starless & Bible Black that low
huh... wow.
Three of a Perfect Pair is really underrated though I'll give you that much

This. How the fuck you make your way to EL fucking P and not listen to KC ?

>Lvl fire
Do you mean TPTB?
And where's construKction of light?

>listens to music from Apple Music and Spotify
>claims mp3 is bad
>never listened to the most iconic prog album for the stupidest fucking reasons

Just kill yourself.