Peruanon here. Serious talk guys. I post here because this is where smart people talk about their beliefs...

Peruanon here. Serious talk guys. I post here because this is where smart people talk about their beliefs, even tho we're all stupid (and i'm not trying to flatter). So here it goes: I'm an art student and I need some exterior vision about my country and about racism in general. I know most ppl here are white so, what makes you white? Is it just the skin color? or my behaviour? For example if I look like pic related but I speak fluent english and I also happen to live in US, born and raise probably, would you guys still segregate me? even If I talk the same language as you? and not only "English", but modisms, slangs, and I also behave with your customs and such? TLDR; what makes White people White? (Where "white" can be switched with something else) Would an asian guy still be racist towards me just for my looks even If I'm fully asian, for example? thanks anons! *I posted this on Sup Forums also.*

cholo anda duerme

People with white skin should be considered white, and in most countries is that way, ironically. However, in the US, people believe that a white person must have born in "white countries", like the US, Germany, Russia, France, England etc., and believe that the ones that were born in south american countries and such are not white, and have a different ethnicity. So for some people is not really about your skin colour, but more about where you were born and your ancestors.

Ayyyy. Que bueno el copia pasta! Que bueno el bait.
Cuidado tu casa se la lleva el rio Peruano.

Palomas

jajaja

So even if he's "one of yours", AKA born and raise in a white country, he'd still be left out?

Well in the context you are asking about, it is possible for someone who looks like the pic to be respected more than someone with white skin in the usa. It would be an extreme cases though. People with white skin with numerous tattoos who work low paying jobs, smoke, have that sunken eye drug user look or are otherwise below lower class are generally treated much worse than someone with a different skin color who has proper etiquette, no accent, dresses in business appropriate attire, has personal wealth, ect.

Racism is for poor people only. If you meet someone who is racist you should avoid them.
Also what race is most comon in Spain them? They are whites?

i hope you are trolling

Well, I can't really say they'll be "left out", but they probably won't be considered white, no.

>Also what race is most comon in Spain them? They are whites?
Yes. Most of them are.

LMAO, as a Mexican I loved that.

Yes, segregated.
as a light skinned 4th generation latino, with a white mother, I definitely notice discrimination against indigeno looking south/central americans in the USA, even those 1st generation born here.

Take california for example.
In the 1920s-1970s, 75% of Latinos in Calif were born natively in USA.
BUT NOW!!??!!
70% of Latinos in Calif are born outside USA.
WTF?

and the immigrants that started coming here in the 80's to today, are short, round mis-shapen dark indienos that look like they should be wearing those little green felt hats and climbing the Andes... Fuck, what happened?

So yes, the Guat's the Salvadorans, the Central and South Americans that are showing up now are the short ugly ones who only come here to give birth to next generation of indigenos here.

You will be segregated and discriminated against because of how you look, if you are short and dark and indigeno looking, sorry...

He's Peruvian, not Spanish, faggot

all i know about Peru is that Lake Tittiekaka is both awesome and full of fish

In art, everyone is fucked until proven otherwise.

You will need to establish yourself as something special. Your ethnicity cannot hurt you any more than you are already fucked by attempting to succeed at such a miserably hard field.

Being white is zero benefit in such a field.

You are up against something much harder: you must be truly great, or truly interesting, or at least famous.

But race won't hurt you.

I know this was a quedtion of topic. But I can say I bet you are from USA

the saying about Titicaca in Spanish is:
"Titi para Peru, Caca para Bolivia"

or the other way around, depending on whether you are from the Peruvian or Bolivian side of Lake Titicaca

Nope, I'm spanish, from Spain. Not mexican, not peruvian, not any of those tanned midgets you americans wrongly pinpoint as "spanish".

>racism is for poor people
Pretty much this, thats the reason why most people of most countrys talk shit and hates other countrys,while millionaires from all around the world close deals with other millionaires from other parts of the world that make them all richer
Responding to your question OP
The only thing that makes you white is your skin color that means that you are white or you are not, not med terms.
The thing is that some people only care for the skin color so for them even the most stupid and ignorant of whites is a better person than a black guy who graduated with the best notes in college for example.
And other people care for the manners, dont care about skin color only about behaviour, hygiene, vocabulary etc.
Thats why some white americans are considered "white trash" by other white americans.
Its all about points of view.

absolutely right. I'm doing an Installation about this issue so I needed some insight. Thanks.

This
I knew a semi famous mexican actress
White skin, beautiful face, great shaped body, she was completely better than most of the american girls she worked with and the last place you would think she came from was mexico
But she still got discriminated for being mexican even that she didnt look like a mexican at all (she had italian ascendace or something like that, anyone from his family was born in mexico except from her) after that i thought, that if even she was degraded for being mexican and not looking like one, those mexicans who really look like mexicans (short brown ugly) must have a really really hard time here in america

>skin, beautiful face, great shaped body, she was completely better than most of the american girls she worked with and the last place you would think she came from was mexico
>But she still got discriminated for being mexican even that she didnt look like a mexican at all (she had italian ascendace or something like that, anyone from his family was born in mexico except from her) after that i thought, that if even she was degraded for being mexican and not looking like one, those mexicans who really look like mexicans (short brown ugly) must have a really really hard time here in america
Yes.

"Racism is for poor people" explains a lot.

Most of the Short Brown ones that you are seeing are Mayans, and Salvadoran, and Guatamalens, and Pervuians and Bolivians, they have that "short round brown indigenous" look. but every calls them generically "Mexican" but that is like saying every Asian is "Chinese"