Sup Forums top 10/50 artists/albums/songs

Has there been a poll or consensus on some of the best music according to this board? Like pic related

idk but Ween's The Pod is #1

idk but Fishmans' Long Season is #1

idk but Pearl Jam's Ten is #1

are these memes b/c the fishmans was good

Here's the chart from 2010/2011-ish

The closest to that that I know of was the album/artist/song tournaments Sup Forums did just a little while back. Pic related is albums. MBDTF won originally but they changed it when they found out people from the Kanye subreddit were interfering and disqualified it iirc

this is so fucking bad

Very skeptical of this
>MBDTF won
Also skeptical of this

This was absolutely embarassing. Just have a vote-based system, with the number of votes dictating the number one album. Holy shit.

The nominations were terrible, the matchups were rife with cheating, and people figured out that you could just post a thread on an artist subreddit to get the album you hated disqualified. MBDTF was an embarrassing choice of finalist, but I bet that somebody just posted threads in the kanye subreddit to get it disqualified. What a shitfuck. Just have a thread based vote.

>Very skeptical of this
That's because you're a newfag

>I care about an imaginary march madness style tournament deciding the favorite album of a Sri Lankan basket-weaving forum

its hard when the first thing on the list is neutral milk hotel

Jesus Christ dude is this your first week or something? That's the most discussed album in the history of Sup Forums

neutral meme hotel I don't buy it

its a bad album with a faggot vocalist might be the most overrated thing since MBDTF

Where did I say it was the best album ever? I said it's the most DISCUSSED album ever. MBDTF is also one of the most discussed album ever. I don't expect you to remember since you're a fucking newfag but when that album leaked (1 month before release) until 1 month after official release (2 months in total) it occupied at least HALF of every thread in the catalog. There were fucking newspaper articles comparing Kanye to Mozart. That's what Sup Forumscore is about: meme-ability and discuss-ability. This is the last spoonfeed you're ever going to get. I suggest lurking a little more before posting ever again.

Yeah the single-elimination shit was poorly thought out autism. You get shit like Faust, The Downward Spiral, Soundtracks for the Blind, The Age of Adz, and Since I Left You getting knocked out the first round because they got randomly matched up with slightly more celebrated albums. Anyone that pays any attention would tell you this is an awful representation of this board's general consensus.

What would you consider a better album faggot-OP-kun?

no. The Pod is my favorite album

is this a thinly veiled /r/ thread?

What for me? Enjoyment wise: Flying Lotus, Aphex Twin and Fleet Foxes are my favs

Ok, now the actually good versions of those artists are Amon Tobin, Mouse on Mars, and Elliott Smith.

I like Amon Tobin and will checkout Mouse on Mars thanks condescending user

You dislike a band because their vocalist isn't streamlined and actually emotes. You are still in a mindset of music as lounging material instead of as artistic statements, and you deserve all of the condescension you'll get in your first year on Sup Forums.

>you are still in a mindset of music as lounging material instead of as artistic statements,

That's a useful assumption based on nothing and very obvious cop out. You resort to this newfag shit because you can't defend the music based on its own merits.

Weak bait

I never used your newness as an insult, but you are new and a spade is a spade so yeah.

Take a second to work for music that may be challenging or artistically obscure rather than letting music cater to you, and you'd be surprised how rewarding the experience is.

>Take a second to work for music that may be challenging or artistically obscure rather than letting music cater to you
m8 you must understand that this whole comment chain is based solely on the ranking Neutral Milk Hotel

Yes, you dismissed a band because of arbitrary personal preferences ("faggot lead singer"), your taste in music is incredibly surface level and not very deep or meaningful, and you are new during the summer months.

From all of these, I can infer from experience that you are underage, homosexual, and that your perspective on music could use some alligning.