Who is the Tim and Eric of music?

Who is the Tim and Eric of music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mKuRi_vdFxg
youtube.com/watch?v=XcrLSSlNZGs
youtube.com/watch?v=BFjuPbCShBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tim literally makes music under his own name

death grips-Was cool until it became self-aware then it just became edgy on purpose than became aware of its edginess and tried to be even more edgy to justify it through being "tongue in cheek"-has a fanbase that won't admit it stopped being good after the first season or so

yes but that doesn't count

his music is surprisingly a lot more serious as well

Ween?

if you stopped talking out your ass so much people might enjoy being around you more

If someone says Ween I'm going to fucking explode a building.

maybe, although this falls apart a bit considering Tim and Eric are good

lol

this dude is a huge faggot and a bitch

You got that the other way around smelly

Frank Zappa

autechre

So an album that makes me want to rip out my brain stem and gouge out my eyes in disgust? That'd be My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

ariel pink.

that delroy edwards dude maybe

:(

r stevie moore
random xd

Ariel Pink is more like MDE than Tim and Eric.

Norton

except ariel pink's got the shit-fi aesthetic, the earnest pastiche and a healthy amount of goofy absurdism. some gross-out humor to boot. dude's got too much libido and isn't nearly heady enough to evoke MDE

i dunno who i'd liken to MDE. i'm tempted to say john maus but i dunno if i'm just thinking that because of his world peace cameo

yeah if you'd ask me who would be most likely to write a song called "Butt-House Blondies" I'd probably guess it'd be from a Tim & Eric bit before anything else desu

This asshole is a pussy turd

James Ferraro = MDE

John Maus is a Marxist. It's funny seeing people here often assume he's on the right simply due to appearing on MDE. The dude worships the Frankfurt School.

T H I S

mde is late 70s zappa

Foxygen

neil cicierega

Cpt Beefhart

Who is the Eric Andre of music?

>thats even a question

Definitely gotta be Wevie Stonder youtu.be/mKuRi_vdFxg

he wishes it was death grips but it's ween
(still not a bad thing)

I legit think this is true

Tyler the creaotr

Ariel Pink and James Ferraro

huge john maus fan here, no confusion over his political leanings

but there's clearly some ideological overlap/mutual respect since MDE included him in the centerpiece of the show (and apparently andrew ruse is still working with him). i assume maus' accelerationist performance/situationist shtick probably appealed to the boys. they're anti-establishment before merely conservative it seems

FRANK ZAPPA - LUMPY GRAVY

Who is the Nathan Fielder of music?

>le MDE is so deep and shit MAN
MDE fans are the fucking worst. it's like poltards who have some cultural awareness and think they're so far ahead of everyone else. the endgame of edgy faggots.

Nathan Fielder
youtube.com/watch?v=XcrLSSlNZGs

Can I get a quick rundown?

this
the entire show is just "haha dude i just mentioned moonman and david duke im so edgy"

not sure what this guy is even aiming for in his comment

YOU ARE A FUCKING HUEG FAGOGT AND A MASSSIVE BITCH

What was incorrect about that post?

no ween is actually good

tim and eric are talentless hacks who just do LOL SO RANDOM comedy

they are the trey parker and matt stone of music

who is the sam hyde of music

dont say the beatles

this

Is Die Antwoord the Rick and Morty of music? Or is it Death Grips?

rick and morty is radiohead

Dean Blunt

Don't cry.

Jerry Paper

Huh?

Can you read?

DJ Douggpound

ween
tyler the creator
harmony korine
chuck berry when he's eating scat

Literally why would anyone watch t&e when kids in the hall exists

great answer

PC music. Dry satire, with most of the jokes in the editing/effects.

Will do

harmony korine makes music?

It doesn't take a group of geniuses to reference concepts like accelerationism, I'm asking why you think it's so far-fetched that they discussed ideology with John Maus when they were spending time together.

no they wouldnt

flight of the conchords?

Sonically, probably Ariel Pink or something. Retro with a touch of surreal element.

Maybe The Garden if we're talking stuff where Eric's the head guy and it's just a clusterfuck of random shit and editing.

twenty one pilots

Iggy Pop. Not crazy enough for GG Allin, but crazy enough to get naked on stage and break shit.

Shave tonight
Let's get that bears all gone
Toooo much stubble
Let's get that hair all gone

Why would I debate something dumb like whether they had a discussion? I'm saying you're part of a group of annoying pseuds who thankfully by nature will never get to any real position of power.

rick and morty of music ts death grips
they are both pretty good, even great, but their fanbase are fucking insane obsessed idiots who repeat the same memes over and over again, when they werent really funny in the first place

They don't. It's just the random stuff is the only stuff that goes viral with memes for gifs and normies so you, never having watched the show, just assume that. Ultimately fair assumption, just not a correct one.

recently, PWR BTTM

I can only imagine the shiteating grin he had on himself buying that gear thinking that it would be actually funny

i have no fucking idea what you're talking about at this point
MDE is pseudo-what? Pseudo-intellectual? Because they occasionally discuss politics and some autists who worship them take it as fact? What a sin.

Who is the Mr. Show with Bob and David of music?

PAVEMENT

I know MDE fans are stupid but come on try reading.
>occasionally
lmao

something that's influential but nobody cares about it anymore because it was shit

modern lovers

Sam's twitter account isn't representative of MDE

The vast majority of their videos are not political. Or if they are political, it's not always in a cookie-cutter alt-right way.

>Sam's twitter account isn't representative of MDE
Sam isn't MDE in the same way Jerry Seinfeld isn't Seinfeld.
>Or if they are political, it's not always in a cookie-cutter alt-right way.
LOL thanks for proving my point about MDE fans

Thanks for admitting that all you know about MDE is based on Sam Hyde's twitter account. I guess they must have discussed on Chapo Trap House one day

this is a bad post

edgy

why did you just namedrop a podcast like anybody is going to know what that is

youtube.com/watch?v=BFjuPbCShBw

heloooooo fuckign wesley willis my Bibbas wtf

pretty much only in regard to irreverence, Zappa was philosophical and political and tim and eric are fart jokes.

I'm sorry I don't know about MDE like you do LMAO.

Who is Chris Morris of music?

To be clear, DJ Douggpound is responsible for the editing style that made Tim and Eric so famous, so it's not even really them.

I'm about to make a very stupid argument, and I would like to hear why I'm wrong (if I am). I think Brian Eno was in large part responsible for Talking Heads getting as big as they did. Same for U2.

What is it that someone like Brian Eno or DJ Douggpound or George Lucas's wife in regards to the original trilogy does exactly? Does the band/ group/ director have lots of ideas, and these guys are essentially editors helping them pare the lunacy down to something comprehensible (creating narrative)? Or are they actually shaping the process with their own ideas?

Gorillaz

Hey i like Zappa and all but this is a pleb post. T&E's humor is more nihilistic but that doesn't make it "fart jokes". Its anti-capitalist and anti-conformist in many senses. Besides Zappa's 80's stuff is the very definition of fart jokes.

Best response