I want to have good taste in music

what do?

Leave this board immediately for starters

whenebir some1 tell u "dis album gud"
sey no.
dey will think u r very kultured & imteligent.
work ery tiem.

Post a few of your favorite artists

Search Metronomy on spotify and open radio

This but unironically.
If you like something you leave yourself wide open. If you dislike something you have the upper hand by default.

What do you call this type of Pepe.
I really, really, really like this image

Besides the obvious shit like "get a basic music theory/music appreciation/musical culture handbook" and "pick up an instrument yourself":

>decide what your "thing" is going to be
>listen to as much of it as possible
>listen to more of it
>do not stop listening to more of it

There is literally no difference between having a deep knowledge base and having a "good" opinion. The only thing that a good opinion requires is that it is knowledgeable and rational. It has nothing to do with what particular products you like or dislike.

Apu Apustaja

Not OP, but this is the deformed Pepe I found a while back. Feel free to save it man :)

steer clear of death grips and grimes and you're okay

Listen to meme rap ironically

ýou its a meme u dip

omg ur right
Ty dude i would never have guessed
Thank you, brother

fpbp

just listen to lana all day and boom

Listen to post-rock and be cool

This user is right
Fantano made a video explaining basically this

Don't ever listen to Sup Forums

Stop caring what other people think of your taste. You like the music you like, why should anyone else say it's trash?

There is no such thing as good taste when it comes to music, it's all shit.

There's some music that's actually legitimately terrible, but most of the time it varies from person to person. I might like listening to drone metal that would bore you to death, and there would be nothing wrong with either of us.

I suggest listening to the "basics" and then stretching your limbs into some more genre specific things that suit you personally. Get the obvious shit out of the way and find out what YOU like.

Abbey Road, Dark Side, Dark Fantasy, And Justice For All, Fragile (Yes), Music From Big Pink, Harvest, Enter the Wu-Tang, Exile on Main Street, Back in Black, Moving Pictures, Wish You Were Here, Zeppelin IV, and other stuff like that. Find your favorites and go a bit deeper into that branch of music.

I know I'll get replies on MY shit taste, but I just tried to pick albums that most people would call at least 7/10.

listen to death grips and grimes

I want to believe this board was once rife with elitism and stuck up snobs who would bully you into developing taste, but I realize this may just be a revisionist fantasy of mine. Whether this board was always shit or not is irrelevant. Just browse here and RYM, and take everything with a grain of salt. Maybe somehow, someday your taste will be good. At least that's what I'm hoping.

>back in black
>7/10
no

I don't love AC/DC but a lot of people do, though they work best as a live experience or as a driving soundtrack.

listen to grating music until you enjoy it, then find more music to conquer

Bait of the century

Listen to lowercase exclusively

It's just retard Pepe. It's for when you feel like a retard for feeling a certain way. Pepe and Wojak are basically just Rage Comics 2.0 anyways.

Listen to music you enjoy and don't give a fuck what other people think.