Has anyone here actually had an album help them get over a girl/guy...

Has anyone here actually had an album help them get over a girl/guy? I'm especially curious now for reasons you can probably guess if albums can really help with something like that, because I'd always doubted whether they could. If so, how so? And which album(s)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
youtube.com/watch?v=lggNvVRPJzA
youtube.com/watch?v=eCMIbSE2_oE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

But I'm also a fucking mess of a person and just hopeless in general so you might have better luck than me

Dont feel like getting into details but for me that album was Cave by Our Sunday Affairs

lol no but i also never had a gf so, u know

Listening to ridiculously sad shit helps me "get it out" faster. Slowcore stuff especially.
The upside (if you can call it that) is that all my breakups have stemmed from the girl being in insane bitch in some way, so it's easy to go straight into "fuck her" mode instead of the self-loathing that would happen if it was your fault.

Sting - The Soul Cages. While it was written for the passing of his father, his music and lyrics can be just vague enough that you can interpret it as bf/gf. Especially Mad About You

In those times, music has provided me a good catharsis. The albums

Converge - Jane Doe
Animal Collective - Feels
Yo La tengo - And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out

Have given me comfort and solace in times of a breakup... Idk if that helps but yeah

I wish "being insane" made it easy to hate my ex

But instead she was so crazy and emotionally fucked up she just pushed me into hating myself instead :(

no but you will never know why by sweet trip stopped me from killing myself.

For what its worth Im glad your still with us and I hope your in a better place now

t. a fellow Sweet Trip fan

Cheers m8s, good start! And good point about the insanity part, definitely feels like it applies here. And I'm glad you're alive user

I don't know I never got over some shit here but try some post rock like mogwai or this will destroy you.

Jimmy Eat World's Futures helped me a lot after a big breakup.

Kill just fucking ruined me.

23 was cathartic.

youtube.com/watch?v=lggNvVRPJzA

funny because those two songs are companion pieces

Amazing song...

Temporarily? Pretty much anything. I'll throw on some psych pop or 80s pop or glam rock, etc, and act all confident. I'll work out, go out with friends, go to parties. We listen to all sorts of rap and R&B, I get to meet some of their friends when I'm visiting them, I get to know some girls there, I talk to them. I feed off the braggadocio and confidence of the music and talk my game up. I'm already a great public speaker and good-looking guy, so it's no problem.
You never actually get over her though. You go back to your apartment or flat or home or dorm or whatever alone and listen to I Know It's Over and lie in your bed defeated until you pass out.

>most people who have been in relationships/had sex/whatever your case is will tell you that those things are put on too high a pedestal and not worth going crazy over.
i know youre not trying to be a dick but dont you think thats kind of like saying to a guy whos starving 'hey man you know this food shit that everyones always going on about? it aint that good dude'

youll like this too

I think you sent the wrong link but anyway I'm listening to this everyday: youtube.com/watch?v=eCMIbSE2_oE

no i sent that intenionally, what you think about it

Quit spamming your god bullshit.. 4th thread I've seen it linked in within the last 30 mins.

i think music is generally an emotional outlet. so maybe directly or indirectly, every album i have listened to has an impact on relationships. really everything in life.

Relax user, go watch it at least, I love you. Btw get sum fresh air, you a little smokey hehe

Boomerang - Elliot Moss

When I was 14 and broke up with my first girlfriend, this album unironically helped a lot