Aussies have their VB, we have Karhu

Aussies have their VB, we have Karhu.
What's your country's mascot beer? (popular, not autist snowflake beers)

Other urls found in this thread:

alko.fi/tuotteet/932696/Hoppin-Frog-B.O.R.I.S.-the-Crusher-Oatmeal-Imperial-Stout
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

eesti: a. le coq
checzh: kozel

Heiniken

molson canadian and labatt's blue

Is karhu more popular than Koff?

>Karhu
They don't even sell that abroad. Would be pic if anything.

yes

Koff used to be more popular, since it was the cheapest beer, but karhu tastes better.

Nah m8, that's our foster's.
Absolutely disgusting piss.
Delet your post.

Isn't Australia's national beer Fosters

Víking gylltur
I hate it though makes me sick
Would much rather have a slots classic

What's the price compared to Sandels? I don't recall it being all that much more expensive.

i always assume einstok was the most popular cause you can easily find it over here

PA fag

>PA fag
Try again sweetie.

Someone recommend me a weizenbier better than pic related, I've already tried Franziskaner, Paulaner, and Weihenstephaner.

Gylltur is our fosters
also often called a "dads beer"

Karhu is like 1,15€ and Sandels is around 1,35€

Hate to break it too you famalam but einstök is some new thing made by americans and only produced in iceland for that "exoticTM" feel
also insanely expensive 450kr for 330ml

If I had to say what our best microbrewery is I would say kaldi. What I like to drink for special occasions

Yeah I see this a lot of places

Not this?

dang, never knew that. quite disappointed now alhtough never tried it before :(

Peroni is actually pretty nice. What's the standard choice for American on saturday evening? Do you all drink microbrews?

>Aussies have their VB
delet this shit

most americans prob drink your typical bud/coors/natty light. they're prob also the ones that think heneiken and stella artois is fancy beers

you really only find people that are into beers drinking craft and trying out different varieties and breweries

Everyone I follow who is really into beer seems to obsess over IPAs. If you're not a beer geek it's probably something like which is cheap and available everywhere on the East Coast.

I'm currently drinking pic related, found it randomly at the liquor store 2 minutes from my house. Their lager is better tho.

I enjoy the gamut. We have some great microbreweries but I'll drink the cheap stuff too.

No }:^]

Not the biggest fan of that brewery 2bh.

For me, it's the local microbreweries for ales and some lagers, but it's expensive.

But, for cheap American Adjunct Lager, it has to be Pabst Blue Ribbon®, America's favorite beer.

redditspacing

IPAs are so boring though. sometimes i feel like its a who can make hoppier beer than others competition.

I'm a total beer noob but their lager was the first one I've tried that actually tasted different than every other macro lager. I also tried some German lagers and they tasted basically the same (Spaten, Weihenstaphaner) and boring. Stella (unironically) tasted like urine.

We have a lot of Brooklyn beers here as well, ale mostly on tap and your pic in most markets since it fits the under 4,7% limit. How much does a bottle of that cost for you?

Also, I heard you already have some many micro breweries in the states that they are actually struggling to come up with new names for new brews to avoid stepping on feet of other breweries.
Do you have any local brewery?

Don't get me wrong, they're a decent enough brewery, but they tend to make their beers on the maltier side. Just not my taste. If I'm drinking a lager, I want a crispness to it, and heavy malt puts that to rest.

You're not wrong about the hop competition, but that took place mainly a couple years ago and backwards for a few years. There are plenty of well-balanced AIPAs out there these days, and if those are still not your style, then go to English IPAs, which are more reserved still.

>Pantti Pant
Why is finnish such a meme language?
I want to try your beer though

Pabst BR is quite nice actually, different from European lagers. It's quite expensive here (about 2,50€/0,355), but I sometimes buy a bottle or two in summertime when I have more money (and leisure time).

>Pant
It's swedish.

i have actually never seen a bottle of brooklyn beer here before or at least to my recollection, but then i live in LA so that could possibly be why? there's tons of microbrewery where i live, a lot of them aren't that good or just really forgettable beers. i feel like they usually attract hipster and just play up the cool is good image. that being said, some others really do make outstanding beers with variety. like, coffee stouts are getting quite big where i'm at

here's just some craft breweries listed in SoCal

yea i agree.. i drank a lot of IPA before, it's pretty much a staple in SoCal esp down in san diego, and i guess the novelty worn out and i find most to not be not that great. again, some IPA done right are delish

>tfw no zhigulevskoe samara to drink with buddies by the Volga embankment

I paid $20 including tax for 12 cans of the American Ale.
>Do you have any local brewery?
Yeah there are some in Maryland, but they seem to all make IPAs that I don't care for. Also Dogfish Head is in Delaware so you can't go into a liquor store around here without seeing their beers. Pic related is basically the national beer of Maryland, it's just a cheap shitty lager that college students use to get plastered. Owned by Russians now too lel.

>During the Soviet era, at times it was virtually the only beer brand you could find anywhere in the country. At the peak of its popularity it was made in more than 700 breweries around the country, and it practically became a generic name for beer.

well I hope you liked it

Gutmann. I don't know if you can get it outside of Germany though. Also all Weizen tastes the same IMO.

Lapin Kulta is good.

To ask an Aussie how does VB taste compared to Yuro cheapos

Give me a choice between 30 375ml cans of VB and 24 325ml bottles of a European beer for the same price and I will buy the Euro beer, every single time.

And I do.

There were many other sorts of beer but they usually were local-specific. And zhigulevskoe is generic lager which was sold everywhere in USSR.

>pibo
is that the Russian word for beer or something?

This only makes me more curious to try VB.

I haven't tried Budweiser so I can't compare which is worse.

Where did you get it?

It's overmemed by ads but for a pissbeer it's dece.

That being said Bud Light may be the worst abomination of a beer I've ever tasted.

Wish we had Dogfish here. You can see their bottles sometimes in fancy pubs or off-licenses that cost over 20€/bottle, so fuck that shit.

you should try these from them. its the worst beer i have ever tasted

yes pivo. Not only Russian but Polish, Czech, etc.

Czech Budweiser is pretty good.

I lived in Finland for a few months. The Finns told me I was drinking reindeer piss, but honestly, for a cheap beer it's pretty good.

Corona

>20€/bottle
wot the fuck? The most expensive beer at my local liquor store is Duvel at $17 for a 4 pack.

I have noticed it tastes better from beer glass, and is even more horrible when warm than other beers

sorry to break it to you, m8. but that beer is super shit

the only thing you get from drinking it is diarrhea

$20 for a 6 pack of beer at mine

fancy imported beer is like 5 euro/bottle here.
compared to bud light

>compared to bud light
even tap water is pretty decent compared to bud light

I heard even Corona is stupidly expensive in Australia, how much is it?

about $55 for a carton (24 bottles)

it's called a slab you dimwit

are beer usually expensive in australia?

Do people actually buy it?

Some stronger Dogfish brews (those over 10%abv) are only available in fancy beer pubs, and they'll rip you off for bottle, especially for USA imported beers.
This is example from our government ruled off-licence: alko.fi/tuotteet/932696/Hoppin-Frog-B.O.R.I.S.-the-Crusher-Oatmeal-Imperial-Stout

It's a struggle.

a slab is 30 cans you utter fuckhead

yes, like everything else

if you use "people" in the loosest sense

>drinking the liquid jew and clouding your mind with lies and deceit

Baltika 3
Zhigulevskoye - nowadays it's more of a sort of beer than a particular trademark. Original beer is produced in Samara, but many other factories are making their own versions

No wonder you buy all your booze in Estonia.
Abbos?
t. Abdul Muhammad Muhammad

>a slab is 30 cans
no it fucking isn't

yes it fucking is

>Abbos?
abbos drink emu export

>Isn't Australia's national beer Fosters
Many Australians under forty would have never even drunk the stuff.