This is the best ambient album hands down

This is the best ambient album hands down

"babys first ambient album" doesnt prove me wrong either

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hIFlRZepGFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's boring and doesn't stand on it's own
This is whatever that backpambient meme is

Baby's first ambient album would either be Brian Eno or the Minecraft soundtrack thought

then whats an ambient album you dont find boring?

it's entry level but there is different approach to the tracks and a lot of emotion is into many of them

not him but I'll post a list from a day or so back that consists of ambient that has a very different and non-boring approach to the genre and that escapes the backpambient slur...

Tim Hecker - the whole discography
Benoit Pioulard - Sonnet
Black to Comm - Alphabet 1965
M. Sage - A Singular Continent
Villages - Procession Acts
Lawrence English - A Wilderness of Mirrors
Jacaszek - Glimmer
Siavash Amini - Subsiding
Witxes - Sorcery/Geography
36 - Memories in Widescreen
The OO-Ray - Empty Orchestra

These are really pushing the ambient label but ambient lovers will love them too:
Roly Porter - Aftertime
Paul Jebanasam - Continuum
The Necks - Mindset

please, for the love of god, if you really care about music youll stop caring about is "entry level" and what is not

i get it, but it must be stagnating debating the same albums over and over for all the years
Though on the other hand Sup Forums is always like this...

If you have only listened to the """essentials""" of a genre don't comment on what the 'best' of that genre is

Nope.

>these albums i like escape the totally arbitrary and nonexistent slur

This poster is an utter child. OP, do not be ashamed to listen to Stars of the Lid.

where the fuck can i listen to this

its not on youtube spotify or google play

>Black to Comm - Alphabet 1965

yes, such a good album

also Celer - Engaged Touches

your mind user
use your mind
or slsk
or search the album + blogspot
it's a very recognized album

I don't mean to tell anyone to be ashamed of SotL at all, they're great, I just wanted to present an alternative take on ambient that is often ignored on this board

you implied that sotl was backpambient and therefore not worthy of your time

>it's not Selected Ambient Works Vol II

I didn't, I just listed albums that definitely aren't backpambient whatever that is. If I understand it correctly backpambient is the nice, warm, soothing, very drawn out and slow kind of ambient. Which SotL definitely is, they are the ones who perfected it and popularised it after all. I think the meme came into being when so many derivative bands, copycats and generally uncreative people on bandcamp started to "make ambient" by hitting a single chord and paulstretching it by 800%. I just wanted to present a different and IMO more refreshing take on ambient that goes its own way.

>that Stalker sample
I lost my shit

fuzzy ambient all the way. Am I right?

>doesnt realize im baiting people to share top teir ambient with me

kys

not ambient

i honestly agree. this album is sublime.

Didn't like Aftertime last I tried, but like it now. Any more ominous, screeching stuff in a similar vein? (Reminds me of the Lovecraftianism of And in the Endless Pause There Came the Sound of Bees)

It's pretty good fapping background music

Refinement of the Decline is the superior album.

windy and carl - consciousness

my favorite ambient album

youtube.com/watch?v=hIFlRZepGFE

aww yes backpambient shit is the epitomy of thousnads of years of various cultures using repetition and drones to create complex sound structures my friend XD

Agree with this. Tired Sounds is too busy.

none of that "thousands of years" old music is ambient in any way

check out rest of Roly Porter if you haven't yet (Third Law in particular)
also check out some Subtext Recordings artists like emptyset - they are a bit more rhythmical but their sound is similarly sinister and physical
Ben Frost - By the Throat (and other stuff) is also a must, I'm sure it will fit your needs
Paul Jebanasam's Continuum is a bit too pretty at times, but shares Roly Porter's knack for massive, white noise-like structures and powerful bass
you might also enjoy Haxan Cloak's Excavation - its slightly closer to IDM than others, but its still very atmospheric, dark and horror like

I started the backpambient meme
AMA

Are you an /out/ regular?

fucking YES. been listening to this for years, never seems to get old

this is the real cancer
coming from someone who has hated that meaningless term for years