Bo Burnham

What does Sup Forums think on this guy

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YMU-6FMqNcc
youtube.com/watch?v=ByC8sRdL-Ro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

After watching his latest special I'm worried about him

not good

I watched what. and Make Happy + some of his songs.
>latest special
Should I watch it?

why

Make happy is the latest and I don't think he wants to do stand up anymore.

owh :(

loses appeal when you're 18 and over
his standup and song skits is a psuedo intellectual white male teen wet dream

cringey reddit humor

21 now and just discovered him. Sure his jokes can be edgy, but at least he tries. Actually, I find in his simple comic songs more meaning than in a lot of stuff.

because he is not good.
> just discovered him
okay come back in 3 years.

I don't like saying cringe out of nowhere, but I fucking cringe at his pseud tryhard act.

He's very talented though, just no my cup of tea.

He's Imgur the musician

not even reddit. imgur.

try to process that

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YMU-6FMqNcc

Og folk parody duo coming through.
P.s: boman is cringey af

All I got from this description is short attention span

Seems like he's perfect for you then?

>WAAH IT'S SO HARD BEING BEAUTIFUL AND SUCCESSFUL AND HAVING PEOPLE HAND THINGS TO YOU
>I'M EMPTY, FUCK OFF WHORES ;_;

He's insufferable, just another chad who acts like the moments between pussy are somehow depressing for him.

I feel embarrassed that I liked him when I was in high school

I watched George Carlin back then, lol

Sup Forums has to hate him because he's got that mainstream eccentricity. He's not appealing to the lowest common denominator or anything, but he's just big enough to be despised.
You see, with Sup Forums, you've got to check your stardom:
If you're obscure and attract no media attention, you're going to be celebrated for your nuances.

If you're a household name that appeals to the lowest common denominator, Sup Forums will celebrate you to be contrary to the youtube commentors that were born in le wrong generation.

If you're not obscure nor on front page of the newspaper, Sup Forums will despise you for appealing to enough people to have a very dedicated fanbase and cult following because something-something-cancer

Bo's alright in my book. Some of his material is excellent, thought-provoking with his signature zany style. But it can grow dull, as his ADHD-like pace to skits can be exhausting. But he's definitely something I crave now and again.

George Carlin is at least better than Bo Burnham but Louis CK is for true patricians.

>bo burnham is a chad
>nothing in life can be hard if you do sex to gurlz
virginity is warping your mind

i like bo. he tries too hard but he's generally pretty funny.

I actually quite liked the "kill yourself" song, but that's only when I ignore the stupid "omg suicide hotline pls" line in the middle. Same with the lower your standards song, it's too smarmy and cute instead of being really biting and cynical like it should be. Fuck, I wanted that kill yourself song to be about suicide actually IS a solution to all your problems and maybe you should fucking do it instead of some cheap cop-out of "yeah go see a (((((therapist)))))) because that will help, okay back to MTV jack off fest" fuck you Bo Burnham, he should grow a pair and write actual pro-suicide music, write music about how most of us are pieces of shit and just really ride that into the ground, instead it's a cutesy show for college kids. Even Doug Stanhope isn't bleak enough for me anymore, though, so maybe it's something wrong with me and not him.

now this is edgeposting

>he should grow a pair and write actual pro-suicide music

Filthy Frank is up your ally

>reddit spacing
>louis CK is for true patricians

It's just too perfect.

[spoiler]I also like louis CK, despite the cuck memes and white guilt, his skit about how "there's someone for everyone" is bullshit, is one of my favorites, I triggered the hell out of a friend of mine with it[/spoiler]

I'm serious though.

That's just retarded "lol kys XD XD" bullshit, though.

i know, that's what makes you an edgelord

I feel like sticking with this one, by far. Thanks user.

>reddit spacing
you mean the thing you're doing right now?

>edgelord

This isn't an argument though, it's a buzzword.

He's very talented. He's very smart. He's a very good performer with very polished routines. I'd never buy a CD of his or listen to his music in my car, but I watch his specials.

His latest special is pretty deliberately dark/edgy/existential. I think people have overreacted to it, honestly. He's a smart young white guy who reads, so when pressed for comic material he's going to do what really anyone on the internet tends to do--which is veer off into existentialist despair and irony. Every comedian these days does it.

So he's just doing that. It's a trendy kind of observational humor, and Bo is very trendy. He does a good job with it, and he's always good at emotionally selling his material. He's very enthusiastic and takes whatever he does as far as he thinks he can.

But, let's be real: he's dorky. That's the meanest thing I have to say about him; he's dorky, and I wouldn't want the things associated with being an open Bo Burnham fan.

Spoilers usually get a new line. It's hitting enter after the quote that makes you a reddit spacer. Or have 3+ lines of text, each being a single sentence.

>reddit spacing
???

>argument
lol is this a debate now? i'm pretty sure it's just me laughing at your edginess
>It's hitting enter after the quote that makes you a reddit spacer
so once again, exactly what you did in your post?

>so once again, exactly what you did in your post?

Nice job intentionally ignoring the first sentence, faggot. If you mean the actual quoted text, yes, people usually hit enter after that. Reddit spacing is when you hit enter after the backlink. Not to mention now you're linking to multiple posts but not even putting a space between the two separate parts, which is pretty much standard procedure. I was here back before Reddit started invading this place and I remember how people used to space and the whole hitting enter after the backlink didn't happen until around 2013.

stop talking about this its retarded

every time someone accuses someone else of reddit spacing a part of me dies inside.

>laughing at your edginess

But that doesn't mean anything. "Edgy" is literally meaningless, it just means "anything I don't like" kind of like "cuck" and "cringe"

he's talking about your juvenile attitude towards suicide. you're an edgemaster and you should get off Sup Forums until you turn 18

Except you are actually doing it. Stop. Not every sentence needs a new fucking line. You don't need to hit enter after the backlink. You can hit enter (1) after a quote, and (2) between multi-back-linked parts of your post to space it out a bit. Other than that you are just taking up more space to make you post physically bigger while saying less. That is reddit attention whoring and it needs to stop.

>Nice job intentionally ignoring the first sentence, faggot
you mean
>Spoilers usually get a new line
we're on Sup Forums, idiot, there are no spoilers.
>If you mean the actual quoted text, yes, people usually hit enter after that
on reddit :^)
>Not to mention now you're linking to multiple posts but not even putting a space between the two separate parts
lol so?
no, it has a definition, you just dont want to think about how perfectly you fit it lol

Saw him live during his make happy tour. Shit was good.

i've been typing the same way on this site for 10 years and im not about to stop for some underaged fag on his mobile phone.

fuck off

please

who cares

cry more

faggot

He knows he isn't that good and mocks his own show
He's right though. He's only funny the first time.

>he's talking about your juvenile attitude towards suicide

How is it juvenile?

>underaged

I'm 25 faggot.

>mobile phone

I post from my phone sometimes but I'm on my desktop right now.

>write music about how most of us are pieces of shit and just really ride that into the ground, instead it's a cutesy show for college kids. Even Doug Stanhope isn't bleak enough for me anymore, though, so maybe it's something wrong with me and not him.

this is the donnie darko fight club edginess that is the 15 year old linkin park faggotry we hate

go ride your bike to school

well if you're 25 and complaining about the formatting of replies on the music board of Sup Forums then you have misaligned priorities in life.

nobody cares how old you are, youre acting underaged

>we're on Sup Forums, idiot, there are no spoilers.

I post on this board like twice a month. Usually I am on /k/ or /his/

so... also boards without spoilers?

>no, it has a definition, you just dont want to think about how perfectly you fit it lol
>Someone, especially posting on the internet, who uses shocking and nihilistic speech and opinions that they themselves may or may not actually believe to gain attention and come across as a more dangerous and unique person.

No I don't think my opinions make me more "dangerous" or "unique", if anything I am aware of how common my thoughts and opinions are and I am angry at how many people are dismissed as retarded mentally ill fucks just because they of their outlook on life.

>I don't think my opinions make me more "dangerous" or "unique"
that doesn't disqualify you from edginess, you still fit the bill on the other half of the definition
>Someone, especially posting on the internet, who uses shocking and nihilistic speech and opinions that they themselves may or may not actually believe

youre just immature. you'll grow out of it like the rest of us do once you turn like 20 ish

what a great thread.

would you expect anything less from a slovenian economics forum?

>shocking
>nihilistic

I'll give you the second one, but really? Suicidal thoughts are edgy? Fuck you faggot, you are the reason why so many people off themselves, you fucking Judas faggot pieces of shit. You pretend you care with one hand but you mock and deride with the other. You don't give a shit about these people, you want THEM to suffer so that YOU don't have to be sad. You think suicidal people are selfish, try the guilt-trip bullshit that they pull. See here's the thing: all that suicide hotline get-help infrastructure? They don't give a shit if people are suffering. They just want to stop you from committing suicide so that THEY do not have to suffer. One of my friends blew his fuckin brains with his dad's shotgun when I was nineteen. I cried for hours like a little bitch but you know what? His life was shit and he was broken inside, the greedy-ass little therapists just gave him crappy platitudes and charged him 200 an hour for it, and made him feel even more alienated and isolated from the world because they don't want to understand, they just want to stop you from killing yourself. They had no accountability for it. They didn't care, nor does anyone else, they just want to virtue-signal on facebook that they tried to help. All the anti-suicide infrastructure, all of the get-help crap, it's all bullshit. Have you read some of this stuff? Some of the stuff they try to use to convince people not to kill themselves? it is clearly written either by someone who has never felt suicidal in their life, or someone who felt sad for about ten mintues because Stacy Bigtits didn't want to go to prom with them. Or like that netflix show with the suicide girl, what the fuck was that? "It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem" yeah it's a temporary problem for you, faggot. I got banned from six anti-suicide forums for trying to help people and genuinely understand their problems, and by the end of it I couldn't give them any reason not to.

Comedy is the lowest form of entertainment with stand up being on the bottom of the comedy barrel. Musical comedy is whatever shit has leaked out underneath the barrel.

lol so much edge

I always thought that lowest form of entertainment is laying with a 20-dollar prostitute on a pissed bed under heroine, but ok.

>Comedy is the lowest form of entertainment
lol you sound like loads of fun
>LAUGHING IS FUKKEN DUMM

yeah fuck you. This is a prime example of what normalfucks REALLY think of the suicidal, but they have some faint shred of a conscience so they realize that letting someone commit suicide is wrong, but they don't give a fuck if they are miserable and depressed, they don't care so long as those people suffer in silence and don't bother them. Fucking hypocrites. On one hand it's "lol get over yourself faggot no one cares if you're sad" and then it's "oh please don't kill yourself, please call the suicide hotline so they can baker your ass into a psych ward so we don't have to deal with you anymore." The suicide hotline is a fucking honeypot, whoever came up with it should rot in hell. All they want to do is make sure you're not going to actually do something and if you are then they deploy the fucking anti-suicide squad. Yeah, a woman can rip a fucking LIVING BABY out of her body the day before it's born, without it's consent (not that it can give consent but that's not the point), but if you want to end your OWN life then they send the fucking swat team because you don't even own your own goddamn body, you're property of the fucking state and you're not even allowed to die on your own terms, you can't even get help without being treated like a fucking idiot. Bunch of hypocrites, I hope you all rot in hell

Look at this brave warrior, punching up against the evil white man. You go, xir.

so
much
edge

Bet you're laughing your ass off, ain't you?

...I think It's time for this
youtube.com/watch?v=ByC8sRdL-Ro

more just groaning at this point

Give the guy a break. He clearly has no 'edgy' intentions. Just speaking his thoughts in the wrong places, where faggots like you make a comedy show out of somebody's misery.

Are you suffocating in your own irony already?

God, what are you doing here, somebody that can eloquently express themselves? Spot on.

>thinking that encouraging suicide is better than making fun of it

you should try suffocating in a dictionary so that you know what words mean before you use them
>He clearly has no 'edgy' intentions
every single post he makes begs to differ

And this is all you do. I know you're just fucking with me at this point but I just needed to let it out. I am sorry for sperging out in this thread, I guess, but goddamn it I hate how overused "edgy" is on this website, it's just used to dismiss shit without making any kind of counter argument or counter point or even expressing a contrary opinion, it's just "lol what you said is slightly shocking on a website where people constantly post pics of people getting hit by cars so I'll call it edgy so I don't have to actually respond to what he said" then just don't reply to it you fucking faggot.

>then just don't reply to it you fucking faggot
you could do the same thing when you get called edgy you know

Hey idiot, you know what? Some people feel differently than you and beyond your own shitty experiences lies a whole spectrum of fucked up feelings. Some people just feel like that. Dude's probably got no one else to share with, so instead of making fun of his real feelings, you could try to understand or just ignore. Grow the fuck up.

..do you actually believe int what you're saying?

I don't find him funny in the least bit, but I respect him for making a career for himself doing what he likes and not being an ass as far as I can tell.

Except you are baiting for another response you can laugh about. He isn't.

When did I say I wanted to encourage suicide? I just don't give out bullshit reasons to not "do it" when those empty platitudes just further alienate people. Stop with this fucking "suicide is not an option" crap it just makes it seem more taboo, accept that there are loads of ways people can just get a ticket out of life but the decision is theirs and it's a permanent one, but all the "you have so much to live for" bullshit is false, try meeting some NEET who is ugly as hell and has no work experience and is in such a deep pit it would take him years to dig himself out of it and STILL be a loser, and when you have met someone like that and faced them like a human being and then you have to try to tell them why they shouldn't cap themselves off in the forest somewhere, then perhaps once you have tried to do that and realized he's already heard everything you're going to try to say, he's already told it to himself and it meant nothing because it does mean nothing, they are stupid empty words for the easily influenced, he is aware of what a shit position he is in and how it is all his fault, and when you realize you really have nothing to say to him, then perhaps you will understand the point I am making a little bit better. Probably not, though, you'll just call me "edgy" again, worthless fuck.

>you could do the same thing when you get called edgy you know

Sure, I could. But this website is anonymous and I might as well say what I feel from time to time, otherwise there isn't much point to it beyond frog memes and shilling.

Yes. Why wouldn't I?

yes, we'll all share in your delusion that he was just genuinely and heartfeltly expressing his inner miseries in a cry for help while soft acoustic background music sweleed and not saying "Y DONT PEEPL KILL THEMSELVES MORE? BECUZ OF (((LE JOOISH THERPAISTS))) NOBODY ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT ANYONE MAAAAN"

I get you dude. World's a fucked up place with people who either act like they care and know, or throw you under the bus for what it's worth. Been in the position you're in too, and I'm not trying to tell you it gets better, most of the time it's still a fucked up hellhole, but at least you'll find something important enough to not empty your gun in your head.

ok, you seem fine now, you didn't make an angry response, i'm not going to bother you anymore

Oh, I know you don't share my opinion. It's hard to accept the fact that some people aren't living the life you're living and for some people it can be fucked up. I get that.

>It's hard to accept the fact that some people aren't living the life you're living and for some people it can be fucked up
it isn't really, but you sure seem to like jerking yourself off about it
>DOOD THERE ARE PEEPL ON Sup Forums WHOSE LIVES ARENT GREAT, DID I BLOW UR MIND YET?!?!?

I'm not jerking myself off about it. You clearly don't understand though, otherwise you wouldn't act like the dude is being an edgy faggot while he's just speaking his mind.

the mentally ill tend to be solipsistic
does this really come as a surprise?

>I actually quite liked the "kill yourself" song, but that's only when I ignore the stupid "omg suicide hotline pls" line in the middle. Same with the lower your standards song, it's too smarmy and cute instead of being really biting and cynical like it should be. Fuck, I wanted that kill yourself song to be about suicide actually IS a solution to all your problems and maybe you should fucking do it instead of some cheap cop-out of "yeah go see a (((((therapist)))))) because that will help, okay back to MTV jack off fest" fuck you Bo Burnham, he should grow a pair and write actual pro-suicide music, write music about how most of us are pieces of shit and just really ride that into the ground, instead it's a cutesy show for college kids. Even Doug Stanhope isn't bleak enough for me anymore, though, so maybe it's something wrong with me and not him.
yup, nothing edgy here. i'm just being a big old meanieface

he will shut up if we leave him alone.

yeah, i'm just bored

I support suicide. Especially for everyone in this thread.

Yeah, because when you feel like someone takes your real feelings and acts like it isn't as extreme as you feel it, it isn't normal to hate on that.

it happens often in the real world, actually

thanks for supporting suicide for me

this thread is dead
i can rest in piece

>normal people when they get bored
call a friend, go for a walk, play a game
>me, an intellectual
pick on the mentally ill

all people pick on the mentally ill, if the illness has something to do with suicide

Funny but not particularly interesting musically

>Funny

18 year old detected

I like Bo a lot. Not all of his songs are on point, but I enjoy his stage banter and some of his points are genuinely insightful. I enjoyed what he said about the nature of doing a performance about performing and how he can use it to relate to his audience in a way that reveals much about the nature of social dialog in the 2010's (what with the constant "preforming" on social media). I think he gets a lot of shit for having an age 18-28 target audience, but it's not like you're gonna sit down and tell me that this isn't a legitimate age group or that any successful comedian has to appeal to whatever audience specifications will make you happy.

The fact is, most of what Bo has to say about his generation is true. And I can't stand against anyone who only seeks to educate young people about the group mentality that they've created for themselves through a long and mostly unintentional process of social engineering.