Thoughts on the Flat Earth Theory

Thoughts on the Flat Earth Theory

Autism.

Your statement is inherently contradictory.

Retarded, like you.

it's not a theory. it's a conspiracy theory that arises from a general distrust of the institutions of power.

also, some people are idiots.

so it's a theory. gotcha.

also, it's fucking retarded.

It's at best the Flat Earth Hypothesis. It doesn't qualify as a theory.

Makes as much sense as trump being president

It's like showing a christian dinosaur bones.

Not a scientific theory

A theory, but not a scientific theory.

And a symptom of autism.

conspiracy theories aren't scientific either, though. you should use a more fitting term like "conspiracy hypotheses" or "conspiracy ideas"

Ships disappear over the horizon bottom first, case closed

It indicates that when you couple a lack of trust in institutions with extremely poor standards of scientific education, people come up with stupid shit that was unequivocally proven false in ancient times.

we live on a pizza :^)

People believe is ghosts and gods, it is really no different to believe the Earth is flat. The majority of the world is made up of irrational people, it is unfortunate but that is how it will be for a long time.

Flat Earther's are saying they are receiving more global support in 2017 than ever!

2+2=5

It makes sense. I mean, how else would it balance on the back of a turtle?

It's Gay

How the fuck can they think Antarctica is so big? Like seriously.

And to drive straight west or east you would have to be making a constant right or left turn

It's a colloquialism. Everyone knows what it means, except apparently for your autistic ass. So why invent a new term to satisfy an autists love of semantics?

Good pun.

then why complain about flat earth theory not being a theory? obviously they don't mean scientific theory because they think science is a conspiracy.

I didn't. I'm not the one you replied to originally. Just pointing out your semantic argument is retarded.

the amount of turn needed would be imperceptible, and at best feel like minuscule course corrections mixed in with any others needed.

My biggest problem with the flat earth theory is the size and distance between land masses in the southern hemisphere. Some flat earthers have hypothesized that all travel goes through the northern hemisphere, and any itineraries that plot a path through the south is a red herring and never actually occurs, but that seems farfetched to me.

Even with that though, is Australia actually stretched out and huge, or is it the size round earth folk think it is, just with a LOT more ocean between it and south America/Africa?

The ice wall Antarctica isn't that huge of a thing to grasp to be honest, there are many things much bigger in our solar system alone.

It's impossible on all levels.

that kinda makes you sound dumb.

>The ice wall Antarctica isn't that huge of a thing to grasp to be honest, there are many things much bigger in our solar system alone.

I've recently started working on a flat earth / hollow earth hybrid theory that I'm particularly excited about.

th'at impossible

“We've arranged a global civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.”

Because inventing a term to replace "conspiracy theory" to satisfy an autist who can't wrap their head around a word having different meanings in different contexts is totally the smart thing to do.

Kek

You do know what conspiracy means, right? Smh

but so is whining about a misusage of the word theory while misusing it in the same sentence.

>I've recently started working on a flat earth / hollow earth hybrid theory
Why don't you spend your time doing something of value instead? Learn a new language, teach yourself a new skill, do something that isn't a complete waste the short amount of time we are alive.

WOOOOOAAAHHHHHHH

I've always wondered how flat earthers think flying around the world works. Or is "Big airline" in on the conspiracy too?

I have done something useful. I have a phd in particle physics and research in the same field. That doesn't mean I can't have fun.

I'm putting forth a theory of flat-hollow earth that utilizes compactified dimensions and a spin-coupled-axion condensate to replicate certain features of curvature (yes, I also quantize nonrenormalizable tensor fields from GR, but hey, it's a free country).

What happens if an asteroid strikes the underside of the disk?

Do flat earthers just believe reality ceases to exist below the disc?

No shit

Nah there was always this amount of daft people who believe this shit about a flat Earth sad thing is now they are all coming out of the Woodward thanks to the net and also fools feel the need or try and prove them wrong u can't just by words or math or shit like that or he would already believe in spherical earth only way would be to fly them in to space kinda like onlyway they can prove there right

>big airline
exactly. this is the REAL story behind dr david dao and united airlines. he knew the truth.

wake up sheeple.

this.
Do something functional for your fucking community or something

Yes they believe airlines, along with all pilots, are in on it.

Obviously, the "hollow" part is the idea that there is space inside the earth (here compactified) that is bounded by the surface of the flat earth (with nonzero thickness for obvious reasons). The most complicated part is reproducing the decaying magnetic field, but that's where my condensate fields come into play.

Get jealous now junkies.

That's fucking great.

“I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness..."

My community is the flat earth / hollow earth community. And I am doing something functional for them--giving them a theory to stand on. You're welcome.

>I have a phd in particle physics and research in the same field.

Do you ever cry yourself to sleep knowing how much of a failure you are?

>Thoughts on the Flat Earth Theory
I don't know, but ask me about flat chest theory

So you're an idiot who wants to give idiots a more complicated idiocy to be idiots about?

I spend 95% of my time doing legit science. I'm allowed to spend the other 5% trolling. If anything, though, I bet it'd help; put some hard science behind anything and the general population will become so bored with it that it'll become a relic of the past.

Welcome to Australia mate!

You don't understand what the word "theory" means to the scientific community.