ITT: Recent purchases

ITT: Recent purchases.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WxZAjPjwwZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

I now have 7 Stevie records

+Clash, New Order, Beatles, Rites
Are these all reissues or are any of those older copies?

Revolver is old, but not a first press. The Locust is a first press. The rest are reissues.

>the clash

Good taste

Very nice, I only have a reissue of Revolver (but it was only $12 and it sounds great so idgaf). s/t is the only reissue in my Clash collection, somehow I was able to come across cheap, used copies of everything but their first.

>Master Of Reality
Nice. I actually have a white label promo copy of that record.

Nice! I have some pretty old pressings of Ramones, Leave Home, and Road To Ruin.
The only one I'm missing that I really care about is Rocket To Russia, but I don't want a reissue. I'm trying to find an older pressing.

Validate me

>CDs
Come back when you're a little more mmmmm patrician.

are the rites of spring and new order reissues? if not am impressed

I'm a poorfag, not to o into vinyl but here's all the "good" records i have

Yeah, they're reissues. They sound good, though.

>nails
Nice

Nice. Cassettes don't get enough love here.

>that corner in the Talking Heads record

I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

50 cents in a flea market, the record is a lil scratched but not still listenable

Just got myself a pair of big-ass vintage speakers. Also got:
>Panda Bear - Young Prayer
>The Caretaker - Everywhere at the end of time - stage 1
>Sarcófago - INRI
>Blut Aus Nord - MoRT

all LPs

>Buying music in current year

>buying things

>being a poorfag
Don't worry, user. You'll be old enough to get a job soon.

All came in this week.

Floyd box came today.
Sgt Pepper box comes tomorrow.

>FSV
Feels weird having it on vinyl

Total blind purchase, was an odd listening experience.

The clear vinyl looks nice though.

Got all of these in the mail today

>falling for the vinyl meme

>falling for the "vinyl is a meme" meme

Roast me.

I haven't personally listened to any of those albums or bands but im sure that they all sound fantastic!

>weather report
supergroup
>ELO
nothing to roast here user
how much was this? amputechture is my favorite mars volta record
how much was station to station? i have a copy and I love it

What is wrong with supergroups?

>how much was station to station?
$12.95. Good deal.

>how much was this? amputechture is my favorite mars volta record
$290. amp is the original pressing, se dice is the brown colored edition

absolutely nothing user. i love weather report

mine was around that. i got it at a flea market along with berlin by lou reed and songs in the key of life for $1
that's awesome! i don't know why that record is my favorite. the second song is incredible.

Nice, not bad at all.

Hey man mad props to the morshu memeing youtube poop was a fascination of mine back in like 2008.

thanks! when amp first came out i wasn't too into it but it's growing on me recently. meccamputechture is probably my favorite track

>Cassettes
What did he mean by this?

>Virgins
Good.

Out of 6 records, you literally bought only 1 good album. The one with those dudes that have mops on their heads.

That's cause cassettes are shit desu.

(Not true by the way)

Hey Will!

How much was that For You?

about $30 with shipping

Sick

patricians

You paid $30 for a shitty cassette? Wew lad.

fucking lol mate, i was responding to the cassette poster
for you is the blue LP

nice score on FSV!

most of these are thrifted which im pretty stoked on. usually have no luck at thrift shops

Got this in the mail yesterday

most recent.

A little confused, I have no recollection of purchasing this album, is it any good? Not really into modern metal but not entirely against it either

I'll have to post all the neat stuff I picked up from the record show last week when I get off work. The standouts include 3 John Fahey records, exuma, and stereolab cover of Brian Eno.

Nice mc5. How much was it?
Where did you get that copy of for you?Love this album. Good taste

what album is this?
discogs my man

>Implying I'm dumb enough to spend my hard-earned money on music when I can download it for free

I don't collect records or CDs, so what's the point?

it's nice to own physical media and some records sound better on vinyl (if it was mastered for the format). it doesn't matter if you have disposable income. why do you feel the need to post in this thread and stroke your ego with nothing constructive to say

>what album is this?
Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana by Sheena Ringo
Seriously, my dude, it's a great album. Better than most of Sup Forumscore.

I have that first press

pretty sure most people here are still loading that pic.

How can someone's taste be so bad yet so good at the same time?

some people collect just to collect, my friend. My brothers collection is full of everything from Anne Murray to DOA. He listens to all of it at least once, then it gets put away (for the most part)

Kick Out The Jams was just $5. It's a pretty beat up copy, though - cover is falling apart and it's kind of scratched up. Side A is playable but doesn't sound so great, and Side B is pretty much fucked.

But in my several years of obsessive record collecting, I've never encountered the album on a shelf, and it's an old favorite of mine so I don't regret the purchase at all.

some jew at a "collectors" shop in my town is selling New York Dolls final live album for $250

I have been talking him down, but he won't budge.

bump

I guess I just like a lot of different things. By the way, which ones are good, and which ones are bad to you?

Classic black metal, but that's the reissue with the Aske EP at the end.

Wans is my favorite band.

Wans are Dead is their best album.

I have that ELO and Weather back across the country with most my records and I'm so tempted to just buy them again

Coltrane & Nebraska
Fun stuff
Did yo overpay for you rNew Order, I paid $30
I don't see enough Stevie on this board
Hot Hot Chip

Bump

These, and some Pat Benatar LP's, and Foreigner's first two LP's.

Reposting because they're recent enough buys
Will hopefully pick up some more stuff on a trip into town this weekend
+Alcest, New Order, Rites Of Spring
+Hot Chip, MC5
+Sabbath, Tim Hecker
+Ferraro
ELO are chill, no harm there
+LCDSS
I feel like everyone always posts a copy of For You to guaranteed replies
Is it really that well-liked of an album on Sup Forums?
Never noticed the jewel case opened backwards, that's pretty clever for a Japanese release
Is that copy of Peace Sells an original press?

I saw this for I believe 50 dollars the other day at a record show. If i had more money then I would have bought it

James Gang "Yer Album" still sealed for $1
Funk 48
Suck My Dick

Aaand I'm back. I just remembered I Let My friend borrow those other two Fahey albums but in case anyone is wondering they are Blind Joe Death and Death Chants, Break Downs and Military waltzes.

the only thing to roast is the use of a flash

Got some pretty cheap was ok

Where the fuck did you find Exuma?

Yeah I know. My phone camera is wrecked and has trouble capturing light at all. Need to use flash to get any picture desu.

Just exuma store, you'll find it.

>Better than most Sup Forumscore

Like I get what you mean but it's not very unpopular on Sup Forums either and whenever there's talk about Japanese music it is most often mentioned so I really don't agree that it would be much outside of "Sup Forumscore".

Also how much did you pay, I've almost bought it as well when going through cdjapan and others but I kinda would rather get multiple of her albums at once but it always costs a lot. And I'd prefer vinyl.

God bless they released that new tricot album through a label outside Japan as well, I really love T H E and on one listen this new one is really great too. Should get it as well.

I see you have the cassette, does it sound good? The Vinyl is a bit eh.

youtube.com/watch?v=WxZAjPjwwZ8 finally i purchased some music to make my IQ rise

Nice double trips. At a record show

how good does Ecailles de Lune sound on vinyl? I'm travelling to NYC in July and I'm probably going to cop it

>Is that copy of Peace Sells an original press?
Unfortunately no. It's the Capitol Records "From the Vault" reissue.

bump

I take mine out of the case and put them in a CD binder (along with the artwork) but these are all my recent purchases:

Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
Summoning - Minas Morgul
Darkspace - III-I
Samael - Worship Him
Midnight Odyssey - Funerals from the Astral Sphere
Bathory - Jubileum I