Guys I'm scared. I think I might be autistic or something

Guys I'm scared. I think I might be autistic or something.
I'm completely serious, this isn't some kind of tendy copypasta.
I got irrationally mad at my mom today because she mistakingly thought that a film released in 2000 was released in 1988. For as long as I can remember, I've payed a lot of attention to years. If I know the year that a movie or video game was released, I'm not likely to forget it. Like, most people wouldn't pay much mind to something as trivial as exactly how many years have passed since something, but that kind of information occupies a lot more room in my mind than I think it probably should. I think it's getting worse too, and extending beyond just years. I was generally never really the "notice every little detail type" in most areas, but ever since I started learning about programming and computer science, I've been kinda obsessed with knowing the inner workings of things.

Have you tried not being so autistic?

Should this be a "what was the moment you realized you were autistic" thread?

I think I had my first notion when I realized it wasn't the expectation to respond to text messages right away. I used to (and sometimes still do) if someone takes more than a minute to respond to me in any context and as soon as I ever get any sort of message I put down everything I'm doing and respond to it within seconds without thinking.

as a kid, every morning when i made my bed i carefully placed my toys/teddy bears on a line on top, sorted by size from smallest to largest

turns out im so autistic i didn't even realize for another 20 years when i read a wikipedia article on autism containing a picture of some autistic kid doing exactly the same

pic related

kill yourself before your autism spreads faggot

OP here. Yep, that's me.

Honestly I feel like I've lost a lot of friendships through this stupid shit but still am barely aware of it.

poor fgt had to play with shoes.

wait that's not normal?

No people get really fucking pissed and shit apperently the norm is to just respond to people whenever you feel like it but I feel some weird obligation that it should be constant and uninterrupted

but that's rude as hell, if someone messaged u i assume it's cause they needed/wanted something

Depends how old you are.

If you're a teenager, then being a pissy, obstinate little geek is perfectly normal.

If you're a grown adult, then it's time to kill yourself - if only because you still live with your mother.

That's normal dude

I used to have them all nestled on my pillows together in a specific arrangement. They needed to be comfy

What movie was it?

What does 18 count as?

Borderline. You're good for a little while but college and living on your own ought to straighten you out

Forgive me, Sup Forums, for I am sperg.

When I was a kid I would count things obsessively. Number of slats in window blinds, tiles on the floor or ceiling, number of chairs in a room, etc. Weird because I turned out terrible at math.

When I was a little older but still a kid I would repeat every sentence in my head after I said it, to make sure it made sense. Several times my siblings pointed out that I was saying the same sentence out loud, muttering it under my breath as I grammar checked it. I was unaware that I was echoing myself.

In grade school I got weirdly mad and made fun of people for not being able to tell how many syllables are in a word.

I looked for typos in every single thing I read. Still do. Some books have dozens. Read shitty magazines in waiting rooms just for the typos, don't even internalize the meaning of the words at all.

I get personally offended when people make common mistakes like "your"/"you're", confusing "affect"/"effect", or "everyday"/"every day".

>"everyday"/"every day"
>insert topical smoke weed erryday joke

Yeah, that's where the propagation of the usage of "everyday" came from, I think.

Everyday IS a word, but it is NOT synonymous with the phrase "every day". People just post whatever their spellcheck doesn't highlight.

Every day, the usage of everyday is more confused with the everyday definition of "every day".

I remember about 10 different license plates just from a glance, my family thinks it's amazing.