Alright Sup Forums, what are some albums everyone hates but you seem to love?

Alright Sup Forums, what are some albums everyone hates but you seem to love?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HoLiRJ2ipys
youtube.com/watch?v=PuOy14BKg4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=nclXtEqf3e0
youtube.com/watch?v=mCGXolAc_rg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anything by aerosmith

Yeah Aerosmith is garbage

inb4 nickelback

I dont have a picture but, SOME of coldplays stuff is good

Every korn album...

I'm doing comission artwork for just $40, nothing more or less. If interested email
[email protected]

Kill yourself.

kek
love me some old school corn
youtube.com/watch?v=HoLiRJ2ipys

Can you draw my fursona getting sucked off by Tony the Tiger?

St. Anger seriously wasn't the shit storm everyone makes it out to be in all honesty.
Load and Reload were the ones to rant and rave about...

Not really. Load, especially, has some pretty fucking good songs on it that are criminally underrated (Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn). I think Load, Reload, and St. Anger are all pretty decent, but people hop on these bandwagons and shit on them because "muh sellout albums."

Aerosmith hasn't done anything interesting since the 70's. They lost their talent when they decided to give up drugs and shelved their edge, while embracing pop music to make a dollar. The only band that is a bigger sellout is Metallica.

This is true. Metallica hasnt made anything good since justice for all

Agreed

Maybe not as a whole album. But there are definitely some stand out tracks.

The entirety of Metallica's black album was amazing to me in my opinion. St anger was decent, and load, reload had a couple of decent songs. But Kill em' all, master, ride the lightning, and Justice are untouchable. Beyond amazing when I first discovered them.

i don't think pablo honey was bad

Nigga the only good track is "Meet me at the corner" the rest is trash

>being this much of a neophyte to Metallica
Metallica is like two different bands: one which originated with Mustaine, with Mustaine's music that he wrote all parts of, who invented thrash metal, combined with a post-Mustaine-era series (KEA, RTL, MoP, AJFA) of similar thrash edginess and raw power based on Mustaine's riffs, cord progression, and tamed speed. Mustaine invented thrash and neither thrash, nor Metallica's sound, would exist without Mustaine. It's that simple.

Then Lars and James ran out of ideas for years and couldn't write anything. Enter Bob Rock, who has taken many burnt-out and unimaginative bands in a new (always pop) direction. Hence, The Black Album. Everything afterwards has been pop music from a band living off its past reputation as being edgy with James occasionally throwing in a growl to dupe the masses. Kirk Hammett can barely play guitar, is the biggest problem in the studio because he sucks and they have to do take after take (literally James can play better lead), and even master guitar virtuoso, Joe Satriani, has said Hammett was his worst student ever and has to work 10x harder than everybody else just to not offend the ears. And therein lies the demise of Metallica--in that Hammett could never write (like Mustaine), and he ran out of written music and recordings from Mustaine's days, he (and thus Metallica--a lead guitar-driven band at their height) ceased to be anything but copycat sellouts to pop music.

See for yourself:
youtube.com/watch?v=qgnKU1y8pGc
youtube.com/watch?v=5_4c3hAFdAo

looks like you're right
didn't realize how much hammett is cancer

this one is very telling too
youtube.com/watch?v=UFOt0ESfAPQ

Tl'dr

>dave mustain made metallica what they are
>kirk hammet is a terrible guitar player
>metallica sucks after black album

>Neophyte
Dude its facts, you don't have to get all technical. I do agree though with one thing. Dropping Mustaine for for Kirk was a huge error on Metallica's part. Hamett couldn't hold a candle to Mustaine 's writing and playing abilities. Kill em all is a perfect example.

Haha I never said Kirk is better than Dave nigga. Mustaine is an extremely talented guitar player. And I've always enjoyed his writing abilities.

this >extremely talented
wut nigga?
understatement of the century

Dave Mustaine was ranked as the #1 guitarist by Joel McIver who wrote the book and is the authority. Mustaine also plays lead and rhythm, and sings, and does all the writing and arrangements and studio engineering. Ever try to play guitar (metal, no less) and sing at the same time? Good luck with that. Mustaine is incredibly talented all the way around. Hammett is sort of the joke of metal.

I'm not even him. There are two people that think your tl;dr comment is about retarded. Not sure how you read anything in this world or have ever read at all, if that is "tl". 2nd graders read more than that. Any article in a magazine, newspaper, whatever, is 20 times longer, etc.

No shit, I'm agreeing with you. The only person who is suitable to play with Mustaine is James. James is also a phenomenal rythym guitar player who also possess the ability to sing and play. He is also exceptional writer.

It's all me.

just listened to some 2016 mustaine
impressed
he is current and still edgy as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=mEkXyEIu3OU

Umm, no.
Hurr-durr more.
You're good at it.
If the whole "reading" thing doesn't work out for you, just tell them you are retarded. Won't be a stretch for anyone to believe you. Seriously.

This:
youtube.com/watch?v=PuOy14BKg4Q

No, the only person who is retarded is you my friend, who willingly typed your little irrelevant thoughts to the post with your greasy little fingers in order to make yourself look smart. Haha butthurt much?

If I'm able to respond to your post than your response has no substance. Great job dunce! Keep going so I can verbally shut you down.

Die

People get old.. shit happens.

I don't think anyone actually likes listening to this shit, not even the band. It's more about using it as satire for their AS cartoon

That cover art, tho.

>your post
I literally posted once in this thread.
I posted only to let you know that if you are not aware, not everyone is limited to not seeing what you are doing. Apparently you are oblivious to this. I'm not sure what you think you are accomplishing in samefagging, but here's a clue: having been being busted publicly for being a dipshit, it is infantile to then suddenly think your dipshit ass is clever and posting retarded shit like "It's all me". It isn't, and we can see that. Maybe just admit you are wrong next time, like anyone of substance would. Not surprised you suck Kirk Hammett's dick and spout "tl; dr" to anons then go on to post comment after comment about what you "didn't read".

Grow up, kid. If you're not a kid, that is just sad.

People are always saying how this band is going downhill, but honestly I think this album is incredible.

mustaine was dropped because he was a violent drunk who couldn't commit to being at band practice on time.

metallica wasn't "out of idas". they were falling apart as a band and needed someone to help get them straightened out. they choose bob rock because of his reputation of being a producer who could do just that; getting bands back on there feet.

saying what metallica is and the thrash genre was solely created by mustaine is annoyingly incorrect. the whole band was involved in creating their identity as a band.

>And therein lies the demise of Metallica--in that Hammett could never write (like Mustaine), and he ran out of written music and recordings from Mustaine's days, he (and thus Metallica--a lead guitar-driven band at their height) ceased to be anything but copycat sellouts to pop music.

you are trying way to hard here.

Faggot

1) Yeah, he drank, and yeah he was violent. He was also routinely beaten as a child by his drunken father and hospitalized 4 times while trying to protect his mother. So he's not a dick, just had a very tough upbringing.

2) The real reason he was dropped which everyone knows, is he punched James in the face after (drunken) James kicked Dave's dog (who merely put his paws on Ron's car (and James used to treat Ron like his bitch)) and broke 3 ribs (the dog was put down days later due to complications from surgery to screw the broken ribs together). After Ron kicked Dave's dog, James jumped in and started kicking him too. Dave told Ron to stop. He didn't Dave told him to stop or he'd punch him in the mouth. James continued kicking the dog and said "you punch him, you'll have to punch me first". Dave said, "okay, you win" and Dave knocked out James and sent three of his teeth flying into the grass. One punch. Dave was "replaced" without anyone saying a word within a week and Hammett the pussy dropped his former band and flew across the country for a chance at the job (he was one of more than 20 people asked, yet the only one who was low enough to do this and was literally given the job only because he showed up off the flight to the studio, having not played a single note for Lars and James, let alone jammed with them).

2) The way he was "dropped" was a dick move by Lars and James. No one deserves that. No one. Cliff was by far the heaviest user and by far the most violent drunk of the lot, and James was a close second.

3) Metallica stealing all HIS music and songs and writings and pawning them off as their own was a dick move and a half. Imagine if this happened to you.

4) This had nothing to do with "showing up to practice" and frankly, Dave was the only one in the band who didn't need to practice--he wrote everything and did all the work, including funding the band (yeah, from dealing) when no one gave a fuck about them.

Looks pretty shitty

The first two albums are great

No, Metallica is just a shitty band for man children who want to be edgy. Should've been called st. Angst

lol
this user had it exactly right
you have no clue what you are talking about obviously and maybe only a newfag to metal would believe any of the bullshit you just posted

if you actually believe what you just wrote, you are either really, really fucking dumb, trolling, or some underage child who shouldn't be here

fuck you, dude.

Love this fucking album all the way through

Just saw them live last night, they're sound has evolved since their first albums but they are far from bad

>St. Anger seriously wasn't the shit storm everyone makes it out to be

I can't really judge the quality of the songs because I can't get over the shitty production. Death Magnetic had terrible mixing as well; way too much clipping on both of them.

this when you realize what a bunch of uber dickheads and backstabbers metallica is, with Lars and James the ripoff artists and then the absolutely clueless and average-at-best-on-a-good-day Kirk Hammett with the rotating bass player of increasing tame pussyness over the years, it is real hard to listen to them at all.

i am with all the other anons and pretty much everybody who knows metal in metallica being dead since and justice for all

fact is, hammett is useless and can't write, and for a metal band, that is a formula for being a limp dicked sellout. they really had no choice

think about it
no one has ever called lars a great drummer
james is an average rhythm guitarist
hammett is below average
their bassists have been essentially run of the mill session bassists with below average talent since newsted left (burton was the bet)

i'm not a mustaine fan, but it is hard to deny that he was in fact the talent of metallica, created their sound and by most standards, created thrash metal itself. he's also obviously talented as fuck as a musician and multitalented at that.

who the fuck hates invincible?

This one too.

youtube.com/watch?v=nclXtEqf3e0

you're high.

agreed. deloused was the best... and they seemed to get shittier as they progressed, but day of the baphomets is probably my favorite.

maybe you should watch "some kind of monster" and the metal evolution episode regarding thrash. also maybe read some magazine articles on metallica.

>if you actually believe what you just wrote, you are either really, really fucking dumb, trolling, or some underage child who shouldn't be here

you are obviously the troll. also, i didn't "write" that post i typed it.

This is painful to watch, they're such shit hahaha

This On Metallica's first (and best) album, Kill 'Em All, they were exposed as ripoff artists and forced to go back and credit Mustaine with most of the album. Their own label forced them to do it without Mustaine saying a word when their agent disclosed to the copyrighters that the "original authorship" records were all owned by Dave Mustaine. The other half of the album were Mustaine-tunes they tweaked enough to pass off as their own. Same with the next three albums where they had Hammett train off of old Mustaine tapes of shit that otherwise wouldn't have made it to any album because Mustaine used to play all the time and Lars records everything. No question all the guitar sound of Metallica came from Mustaine, and the speed. If you listen to Metallica bootlegs, you can hear Lars screaming at Kirk like a little bitch, "do it exactly like Dave did it and don't improv shit!!!"

I wouldn't go as far as saying "love," but I enjoy Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water. That should piss off a lot of anons.

youtube.com/watch?v=mCGXolAc_rg

irredeemable

>Kirk Hammett
yeah but he is the nicest guy in the band tho, if he left they'd be just the two assholes and that bassist who isn't allowed to talk.

Totally correct tho, I got a re-issue vinyl of ride the lighting, they added Mustaine as writer credits to at-least 5 songs. I distinctly remember that not being the case years ago. sounds pretty good btw, better than that digital remaster.

Death Magnetic

Ahh resorting to calling me a child who shouldn't be here cliche. Dude you are cancer. Instead of responding intellectually with SOMETHING of substance you go off on a tangent with you're little butthurt remarks. Fuck off, and also, the Metal community didn't accept you so you come here with you're stupid little critiques that no one gives a shit about.

I don't give a fuck about either of you, but if you think "Some Kind Of Monster" is anything but pro-Metallica propaganda, I feel sorry for you, son. That is a mainstream film by Berlinger and Sinofsky who were massive fans of Metallica, and Metallica did a (yet another sellout) deal where they sold off rights of their music as background to Berlinger & Sinofsky's film, Paradise Lost, in exchange for Berlinger & Sinofsky agreeing to make a Metallica documentary where Metallica had complete editing control contractually. Do you expect the scammers known as Metallica to actually say that they ripped off Mustaine in their own documentary when they can't even give him credit on the friggin' back cover of the album?

You are about fucking retarded..

>1) Yeah, he drank, and yeah he was violent. He was also routinely beaten as a child by his drunken father and hospitalized 4 times while trying to protect his mother. So he's not a dick, just had a very tough upbringing.

doesn't mean he couldn't exercise discipline and commit to the band in.

>2) The real reason he was dropped which everyone knows, is he punched James in the face after (drunken) James kicked Dave's dog (who merely put his paws on Ron's car (and James used to treat Ron like his bitch)) and broke 3 ribs (the dog was put down days later due to complications from surgery to screw the broken ribs together). After Ron kicked Dave's dog, James jumped in and started kicking him too. Dave told Ron to stop. He didn't Dave told him to stop or he'd punch him in the mouth. James continued kicking the dog and said "you punch him, you'll have to punch me first". Dave said, "okay, you win" and Dave knocked out James and sent three of his teeth flying into the grass. One punch. Dave was "replaced" without anyone saying a word within a week and Hammett the pussy dropped his former band and flew across the country for a chance at the job (he was one of more than 20 people asked, yet the only one who was low enough to do this and was literally given the job only because he showed up off the flight to the studio, having not played a single note for Lars and James, let alone jammed with them).

i'd drop him too if i couldn't get along with him. what is your point besides hammett's a pussy and james can't take a punch?

>2) The way he was "dropped" was a dick move by Lars and James. No one deserves that. No one. Cliff was by far the heaviest user and by far the most violent drunk of the lot, and James was a close second.

i'm not saying the other members didn't drink or do drugs. if i remember correctly james did cocaine. but why would dave even want to stay in a band with james if they clearly didn't like each other. metallica was always lars and james band

>i'd drop him too if i couldn't get along with him. what is your point besides hammett's a pussy and james can't take a punch?

Not OP, but I think the point is they're lucky Dave was as calm as he was. Somebody kicks my dog in front of me and they're getting shot in the face.

I can agree with that, I do love their early shit so much. Another cool band was rishloo

>3) Metallica stealing all HIS music and songs and writings and pawning them off as their own was a dick move and a half. Imagine if this happened to you.

he wrote that shit while in the band. it belonged to metallica. they even gave him the credits on the kill'em all album. non of what they used in later albums was entirely what dave wrote, it was changed and reworked.

>4) This had nothing to do with "showing up to practice" and frankly, Dave was the only one in the band who didn't need to practice--he wrote everything and did all the work, including funding the band (yeah, from dealing) when no one gave a fuck about them.

dave and james couldn't get along. metallica is james and lars idea, they have the say in who is in and who is not. dave needed to go. that simple from all that info you provided. besides dave went on to found megadeth, a fucking awesome band in its own right.

>nicest
you mean he is appreciative and a well trained chihuahua that has learned to keep his mouth shut while riding coattails?
i'd be "nice" too if I got a high paying job and had no talent and was grossly underqualified and got to rip off somebody else's work

those that they had to post-release go back and credit to mustaine, they were forced to by the label itself, knowing that mustaine could sue and get all the revenues (he never did)

the rest of the tunes are all mustaine's too (at least the guitar and often the lyrics) but when you change enough of something, you don't have to give credit so they get away with it

i don't know why vinyl sounds better either, but it just does
especially louder

pretty sure he left at least an hour ago
ironic with your continuing to post that you are the one calling him 'butthurt'

ok, dave. time to go to sleep. you've had a long day.

This is the only one I own but damn it's good

Only seem to be polar opinions about Pearl Jam.

I fucking hate Pearl Jam.
This album is awesome, nonetheless.

>i don't know why vinyl sounds better either, but it just does
>especially louder

It's even better when you're using tubes. Pro-Ject tube box feeding into a Rogue Audio Tempest II Magnum with some NOS tubes for the preamp and Gold Lions for power. Fuck, man, the sound makes me diamonds.

I like some of their shit time to time

I'm at work and buddy, here's a tip. If you're going to include yourself in someone else's discussion please proof read what you post. You're fucking sentence is all over the place.

>Ironic with your continuing to post. ? What the fuck.

Load was good, though Reload was total dogshit.

I don't see any clipping on St. Anger, and production isn't just about clipping, it's much more than that. I think the worst produced album was Hardwired. That steaming pile of shit sounds like an Indie producer tried to do a Metallica black album parody.

if you can't gleam anything from some kind of monster then you must be biased.

anyway, regarding metallica and dave, metallica were a bunch of alcoholics and cocaine users in the early days. james and dave couldn't get along. metallica is james and lars's band. dave needed to go. he wrote all his material while being a member of the band, thus it's metallica's now, but that isn't how most see it.
dave couldn't commit to band practice. was always at odds with james. i mean he keeps whining about it but it's obvious he needed to get out of the band. it wasn't a good place for him.

>I think the worst produced album was Hardwired
Oh yeah? I haven't even bothered listening to it yet since I figured I'd be disappointed.

Oh also this

true, i love it as well, the X factor too

Death magnetic was great. The production was complete horseshit, though, but James' writing abilities completely made me forgive it.