Green Day

What are your thoughts on green day?

early albums are pretty good. they suck now

/Thread

Used to love them when I was young, they started going downhill after Warning, liked a few tracks from American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown though.

The recent album trio was pretty shit, haven't heard the newest album yet though

Dookie and American Idiot are my favorite GD albums. Liked pretty much all of their early work.

Didn't like anything after American Idiot though.

Some fantastic tracks on every album (I haven't heard their latest) but I seriously stopped caring for their new output after Uno

Even 21st Century Breakdown has good shit on it, although I think the album itself was a mistake

only one or two good songs

That middle part...

>Not liking Murder City even though it's a copy/paste of Letterbomb

Best album is Kerplunk!
Most underrated is Warning
International Superhits seemed like a good place to stop

International superhits was a compilation of their hits you dunce

Bad band that somehow has a reputation.

I took a history of rock class a few years ago out of sheer curiosity and after the book masturbated the Beatles for 3 chapters they went on to say how "important" and "influential" Green Day were, despite the fact they've never released an album higher than a 5/10 and are the poster boys for one of the normiest genres around, pop punk.

Fuck Green Day.

Dookie was fairly influential, whether you like it or not, just ask around and a lot of the big names in that genre will cite it as an influence

Pop punk was massive in the late 90s/early 00s and Green Day were pretty influential in that

Yeah he probably knows he's probably saying that they should have stopped there and have that be their time capsule

>but muh awful hardcore that has no melody

Hopefully that's what he means but since this is Sup Forums I have my doubts

Wannabe punks... Don't like them, they want to be punks, but they're too different

Punk doesn't exist

It's all a dream

american idiot is garbage tier and huge pleb-bait

This, I still enjoy Dookie, American Idiot, Warning, etc.

what a madman.

also lol at his dadbod.

Anything from 92' to 04' is either quite decent or good. Their best album is American Idiot their worst is 'Uno'. Also I wouldn't consider them punk/pop punk but punk influenced alt rock

Thanks, nimrod. I had no idea.

American Idiot is a fucking fantastic album and I will always love it.

Reminds me of my best friends, one of which died 2 years after it came out. I guess that's why I don't care for any of their stuff before or after it.

I assume green day refers to a green sky, which is the consequence of nuclear warfare. Furthermore, any band that's trying to make encrypted statements on politics is bad.

Rage against the machine, rise against, foo fighters, green day, system of a down, you pick em, all bad bands.

A green day is where you smoke all day

Personal favorite. Some good, catchy black humor on this.