What is your favorite dish? Cooked this last night...

What is your favorite dish? Cooked this last night. Bavarian barrel-curred sauerkraut with German bratwurst cooked in Shiner Bock
Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/parmesan-crusted-pork-chops-181566
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

German,dutch,belgian,french food is always dark,brown..without nice look or colors

Neither of which matter

I'm American, I glaze my shit with flavor

>food actually looking like food and not like plastic
>somehow bad

Prepping the sauerkraut with ham, onion, stock, and spices before glaze

Do you really think the "Bavarian barrel" shit matters? It's a selling point for idiots who think they're doing something different.

And it's just "Kraut", mein neger

I heard barrel-curred kraut is of better quality, my bad. I'm an American, I know nothing

cooking sauerkraut destroys the probiotic properties you fuckwit

Sauerkraut bedeutet, dass es fermentiert ist, du verdammter Idiot!

who cares? He never said it had to be healthy

dies
kraut sagt man nur beim dönersandneger du banause

Jesus, the fucking Americans in here thinking they know shit about shit

Sounds amazing actually

Fucking this. It's delicious anyway but don't fall for the memes.

who the fuck cooks kraut? You're supposed to eat it straight you fucking mong

Delicious.

Tendies

But bro it's barrel cured!

No. Just no. Unlike you I've lived in Bavaria and in Austria. Warm Sauerkraut with sausage or pork is a perfectly normal meal.

live long enough and you'll see through marketing crap, regardless of the product.

I cook my kraut like the Germans with stock, onion, and ham you pleb

This is called a "Green Chile" cheeseburger.

It is native to my land.

It is a good tier hamburger.

Your homemade Green Chile Cheeseburger will shit on ever burger you have ever ate before.

But don't be fooled.

You can not get an authentic one outside of New Mexico.

there are some dishes that need the sauerkraut to be cooked
szegediner gulasch for example

Chicken parmesan. It's simple but delicious and only takes 45 minutes to make from scratch.

*God Tier Cheeseburger

That is a very good dish as well

Pljeskavica yugo-bros knows what I'm saying

Swedag here, I love yugo-cooking, the only good thing that came with immigration

>not cooking down aromatics to start your sauce
>not finishing your pasta in a pan with sauce
That looks like shit. You have no idea what you're doing. How have you manage to fuck up something so easy?

Also, cannot forget spicy mustard

Sadly, I have to agree with this guy. That looks awful.

Yes, I used American white bread hotdogs buns. Roast me

>bongs call this shitplate food

American here. I'll forever be jealous of Scotland for this

That looks like absolute shit. That is what I expect from Muslims, I guess, so never mind.

I do something similar with Pork Chops which is similar and good. You dip the chops in milk, then in bread crumbs (I like Italian seasoned panko), then dip them in a beaten egg and then into finely shredded Parmesan. Then bake it at 350-375 for normal pork chop times.

Goes good with asparagus if you're trying to woo some skank with your cooking skills

Plate?
That's "shit in a tray"

You have no taste pallet. This is an excellent traditional dish faggot

>tango
absolutely rubbish

I'm German and crying.
I mean laughing, Germans do not do ze crying.

Oh look a NEET got his mommy to go buy him some bratwurst so he can cook himself a dinner and show his friends on Sup Forums

Looks like slop, you fucking pig.

Sounds fantastic, will have to give this one a go

looks fucking delicious.
t. german

>Muslims
Pork sausage

You're a special kid, aren't you, sport?

You need to calm down. It was delicious.

Funny, my kitchen counters and stove top cost more than your mobile home

Thank you, user friend

Its a Condo and i doubt that

glad it sounds good. make sure you get thick, not too lean pork chops or they dry up a bit

food.com/recipe/parmesan-crusted-pork-chops-181566

Oh, you lease?

Thank you very much, user!

It probably was, but it also looks like you burnt the cheese. Try making the fried chicken cutlets, then put the sauce and (parmesan or mozzarella) cheese on top, then bake it. If it comes out soggy, you used too much sauce.

Get yourself a hammer and make a real Schnitzel. With veal.

Enough of this bastardised cheesy guido shit.

At least post some genuine Italian food, even if you don't have the taste to appreciate echt German kitchen.

Tagliatelle pasta, chicken, whipping cream, yellow bell pepper, lime juice, garlic, basil, some salt. Tastes great and not hard to make.

OP here, German cuisine is my absolute favorite. Half German half Portuguese, go figure

It's cold and dry now, so deoesn't look good obviously.

What the fuck did I just say, nigger?

I can't figure out why I've never made something like this before, especially considering sauerkraut is my go-to topping when eatting hotdogs and sausage in the typical american fashion.

Tell me more about this dish, for I want to eat it.

Never intended to be Italian food, it's clearly American. And my grandma was a very callous, very angry, very good German cook. I've had real schnitzel, they ate it so much my dad had a dog named schnitzel. It's good, but not worth the price of the veal. Pork is cheap here in the US, esp after the "swine" flu issues a few years back.

>TL;DR I'd rather have a good, cheapish american meal rather than honor my Nazi heritage for twice the price

Nice. A tip: the one thing missing from your dish is Kümmel

No offense, but you're very bad at judging dishes from photos. You've gotten almost every assumption wrong so far. I think it takes most of the credibility away from your opinions. Just saying.

My one assumption is that the cheese was overcooked, and that cheese is overcooked.

for me it looks pretty much perfect. nice golden brown.

Get good quality bratwurst, brown in skillet with a little oil on both sides (just for color, us Americans love color). Then you will need 1 12oz bottle of beer, my favorite is Shiner so that's what I use. Pour whole bottle of beer in with brautworst, bring to low boil. Meanwhile, you will want to slowly cook down your sauerkraut, cook most moisture out, with ham, stock, onion. Add a bit of brown sugar to both kraut and brats. Once beer cooks down to a thick sauce, take out bratwurst and add sauerkraut to the pan with beer sauce, fry for several minuets. The whole process take a little over an hour of slow cooking. I like to use crushed caraway seed, ground pepper, salt, and mustard as spice

Did you quickly torch a golden brown on the outside for color? No. that golden brown was achieved by overcooking the cheese. It's burnt. Burning is literally what turns cheese that color.

If you like it that way, then sure go ahead. I like my eggs burnt, but I'm not retarded enough to argue that they're not overdone.

May the malocchio of one million italian nanas be upon you. Stay out of the kitchen.

Point taken, your cheese should be melted not browned. I also like my eggs torched, but scrambled is not proper. I also like over easy, too

I forgot to mention, I prefer squeezing, not draining, my sauerkraut before preparation

finally, someone else who likes their eggs done right. Everyone looks at me like i killed their mother when I order my eggs greasy and overdone.

fuckin nice
god tier meal right there for certain

No i own

It took you 45 minutes to come back on that. Did you have to serve some burgers and wipe down tables?

Barrel cured has a far more complex flavour profile compared to mass produced shit.

Bleughhh, sauerkraut, fucking disgusting.

>overdone eggs
Absolutely barbaric. To cook a yolk all the way through is to waste an egg.

that's why you break the fuck out of it as soon as it hits the pan. Yolk turns into smooth little nuggets in your egg

God damn it man... You're triggering my autism.

clueless

west texas

Looks good as fuck hope you had some potatoes to go with.

West Texas and New Mexico are basically the same thing right? I've never been to either so I could be wrong.

sort of, but not quite. i'm in west texas, we have blake's here.

I'm less interested in your food than I am in your post number.

Best thing I think is either homemade German food or homemade Korean food. I'm American btw.

Also American here. That's pretty fucking solid taste.

Are you a literal faggot?

Two fried chicken fillets, two boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes with a bit of butter and three fried eggs.

Salmon and mashed potatoes

Meat sauce and whole grain pasta

Those are my favourite dishes.

So you eat cocks on a bed of kraut...

way to be a faggot OP

English here (currently in Denmark). Bang on.