Anyone else in the military? what branch and how was your day

anyone else in the military? what branch and how was your day

bump

one more bump

any amryfags / muhreens here? wanna help someone interested in enlisting?

Don't do it.

/thread

not army or marines but i could maybe answer some questions

Marine poolee here. Bootcamp in 3 weeks

Active Duty, Navy.

Just got off duty this morning. Tired as fuck.

good luck user

hows life in the navy? i almost joined but went air force instead

US Navy aboard CVN76
0850 in Tokyo.
Extremely hungover

No one else? I blame the OP's pic. Who gives a fuck about the AF?

is 29 palms really as big a shithole as people say it is? also, how would one increase his chances of getting stationed in Okinawa so he can fuck tiny asian pussy in his free time?

Navy Seals.

We've been practicing near Japan.

ANG. Day was fine since I didn't work (compressed work schedule).

>Who gives a fuck about the AF?
People in the AF, obv.

Nigga, you dumb.

What rate, bro?

your probably right

as far as i know, yeah. theres a guy in my class whos a former marine that was stationed there. he said it was an aweful experience

Dutch Marine Corps

airforce. stood around and waited a lot

>hurry up and wait

iktf. at least at keesler we get down fridays, and today was one of them

Im in the untied status marin crops. Whats up?? What MOS you looking at?

Not the same dude. But typically, be really good throughout training and they'll try harder to send you where you want.

Anything overseas requires a few more screening processes just to avoid sending out "risky" people--like those marines that raped local women.

What MOS? East or West coast? Dont take it too seriously man.. Seriously please dont be one of those moto fags you starts fights because all of you take the DI super seriously. Fucking enjoy getting ITd and laugh about it later. You dont wanna look back at boot camp and be pissed at how pissed you were at everybody the whole time

>mos
0300. tbh, im only doing it so i can "say i did it" not in a bragging way, just for the cool stories. i want to be in the muhreens more, but im leaning army only because they have a 2 year option with the rest in the guard / reserve.

LS.

>a few more screening processes just to avoid sending out "risky" people

what do you mean by this? you need a security clearance?

29 palms has improved a lot over the past 5 years. Its not nearly as bad as it used to be. Weather obviously still sucks though. Your chances of getting stationed somewhere is completely random and dependent on your MOS. My MOS school instructors allowed us to pick our stations depending on how well you did in the class. That is very uncommon.

>anyone else in the military? what branch and how was your day
Israel

You filipino?

army. out now but going in again in a few weeks.

my day was fucking wonderful chairforce fag

Id tell you that youre a fucking idiot for being a grunt for that reason but it wont matter a bit to you. Theres almost no point in joining the military for 2 years. You go through basic and then MOS school and then you have like a year and a half left? Cmon dude.. you probably wont even deploy nor will you get full GI Bill benefits. If you do 4 years in the Marines you can work on college during for free and go to a university for free after. Also if your 6 months away from getting out you can take welding classes, auto mechanic classes, etc for free at an apprentiship without even having to go to work.

my nigga thats where i am

I'm a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force. FML

GTFO user, thats not even a rank in the chair force.

Nah, typically not. The security clearance thing happens regardless, anyway. They can take information from that. I'm talking more about if you have a criminal record before joining, what kind, if you have like alcohol problems.

Things like that.

were you top of your class with over 300 confirmed kills?

Not in the military but thinking about joining (I live in the UK). Would like some advice from armyfags if any of ya'll are here

Youre making the process sound a lot more intimidating than it is.

I feel for ya. E-5 pay is fucking terrible.

he's probably tracing your IP right now

I currently work with a Major from the UK (hes in the UK military). Hes super socially awkard but a cool guy.

that would be an e6

True; not my intent. It's really nothing, and most people will slip right through. It's almost a pointless process.

army

i want to die

aw shit nigga. you a tech schooler or active duty?

lmao yes it is

>They can take information from that. I'm talking more about if you have a criminal record before joining, what kind, if you have like alcohol problems.

i have no criminal record, but i did have a period of time where a drank a lot because i was depressed. i didn't do anything bad though. just sat at home and played vidya and BSed on Sup Forums.

Thanks man

East cost so I'll be paying Paris Island a visit. I'm in electronic maintanence which doesn't sound bad at all. So much school I have to sign a 5x3

No its not.. especially in the Air Force where you live in college dorms and get paid extra if you live anywhere else but an Air Force base. Im an E-3 in the MArine Corps, Yea the pay sucks but i can save almost all of it and i dont get the ptential extra pay that the Air Force gets

you got any advice on what I should do/join? Marines? Normal Infantry? etc...

Not in the airforce

Navy isn't terrible. I love what I do, I like the submarine service, but submariners can fuck right off.

It's one of those jobs where the people you work with are the worst part about it.

USMC and fuck you Chairforce pussy

good idea. we need some chairforce pussy in here. wheres the pussy at? total sausage fest

Youll most likely go to a RADBN (radio battalion) after MOS school. Make sure to get all your certificates and take as many follow on courses you can when you hit the fleet. You might be able to get a contracting job with the government after your enlistment for 6x the amount youll get paid in the military for 1 year in your contract.

31B national guard

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

GET OUT FAGGOT

No mate. I am Navy Seal that's all.

>31B national guard
lmao what a weakling militia
get with the real men

that seems like an unfortunately common experience

Just use fake ID if you have criminal record. They don't do shit for checks when you join military. My friend became a cop with fake id so...

Couldn't go full army wouldn't accept me

Yeah that's the plan. I was thinking about using the free schooling while active to finish of an electrical engineering degree. At that point I'd consider commission, I'm not sure

got any cool stories from BUDS?

tech school

I only know about US military. Not sure if youre the guy from the UK. I went to an Army military school but joined the Marines. Personally i would join the Marines for the whole pride thing but im bias. Go where you can get a better job. Dont just settle with infantry. If you want to go on patrols and (maybe) kill people, there are other jobs where you will be with infantry but will set you up better for after your service.

Intel is one (if you hit the fleet and go to an infantry battalion), Radio operator, etc. Dont let your pride get to you and go infantry cause you think its so "badass." You wont be thinking how "badass" it is when you go on 20 mile hikes and eat MREs for every meal for a few weeks to a month. Youll soon realize there is no glory in it when you hit the fleet. It fades away soon after. Pick your job wisely and pick one that will help you after the military.

National Guard lmao

found the poser lmao

they check finger prints. dont take this advice, its stupid. youll get fucked. and then youd have to live by that fake name or else an ass raping

Autism or just fat?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOOK AT HIM

LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH

NP Navy DEP here, waiting for boot camp until next year. fml

If its not on an offical record it never happened. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW FOR SURE ITS NOT ON A RECORD BEFORE YOU SAY IT. the military will find the smallest shit. but if you are sure its not on a police/medical record, then you never drank and were never depressed

Hes the reservist of the reservists

Watch out dude he may give you a ticket.

i was army for 6 years, 19D and 91B, joining again and either going 11B or 19K

2w2x1 Air Force here. I can't tell anyone anything about what I do each day, where I live, and where I work.

What was life like being a 19D?

My dream has always been to join the military, but last year my lungs decided to stop working, so now I'm completely out of shape and whenever I run I get trouble breathing, so I highly doubt I would be able to get through bootcamp. My stupid lungs just destroyed my dream. Feelsbadman.

Marine United sting thread.

ALL ARMY FAGS I NEED HELP

CAN YOU BE A RANGER IF YOU HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR A DRUG CHARGE?

I WAS ARRESTED AT 16 FOR VICODIN POSSESSION.

That was years ago and it doesnt reflect on who i am now.

you could just be breathing wrong. i had the same problem

>USMC and fuck you

Shouldn't you be busy catching bullets or poking mines with a stick or something?

19D is awesome. all the cool guy gear, none of the cool guy work. but seriously it was pretty cool. but the mos picks up alot of lifes outcasts, so youll be serving with a bunch of wierdo looking dudes who you probably thought youd never talk to before

Your lungs did you a favor user.

I am the dude from the UK. I would rather get a role that kills cunts but I don't want to be just shooting sandniggers Perhaps I could join up an armoured regiment instead. Royal Navy has been in shambles since the end of the British Empire unfortunately which is kinda upsetting.

if the army let you in, then theyll let you go to their schools too. just have to not be a fuck up and prove youre worth a school slot

ah, I'm signal right now and thinking about re classing to 19D. Thanks for the info.

Go on reddit and ask someone on there. Do NOT ask a recruiter because they will probably lie.

nope. criminal charges = fucked

USAF fag reporting in. Today was busy for me. Next week will be busier.

>will probably lie
They will lie.

>USAF fag reporting in. Today was busy for me. Next week will be busier.
Are you going to bomb NK?

learn the mos first. study up on land nav in particular. get fucking good at it. you need to know how to read a map, call for fire, clear rooms, operate any firearm in the armys arsenal, radio operation (if youre signal you should be pro, and theyll love you for these skills) first aid, learn everything you think youd need in combat. and learn camoflauge, and study how to do a proper SPOT report

base pay is equal across all branches of the military...

Please tell me you're gonna be dropping bombs on the Norks

Navy MMN
Its cool
Better than my civilian life.
How are you guys

>Do NOT ask a recruiter because they will probably lie.
Probably? Their one and only job IS to lie.

Marine Sergeant here. Day was shit. Got a lot done though, in a way it was rewarding. Just happy to be home. Got a pizza.

I'll be getting my bachelors in like 3 semesters, but I wanna know from you guys... Should I just join the military now, then go to school while I'm already in the military?
Or should I just get my bachelors first, and then go military?