Sports BTFO !

Sports BTFO !

>Sport

What is with the obsession with calling internet games sports? If bullying was allowed in schools this shit wouldn't fly.

more like american sports BTFO

Is this rise in pretend sports only in the US? I refuse to believe it's a worldwide trend, excluding useless nips and koreans

>playing Tetris
>sport

I really think there's room for both and that the success of one really effects the success of the other. The people who only watch real sports will only watch those, the people who hate real sports and will only watch e sports will watch that, the people who like both will still watch both because they fill separate needs.

If anything, the success of e-sports has made regular sports better (the rise in legal streaming of sports for example, which has gotten really really good), and will continue to do so. Competition is good for the long term success of companies

>actual sports require money to watch
>E-"""""""""sports""""""" requires nothing to watch

Really requires my neural pathways to work double time.

Yuropoors love them some FNATIC

>shitty sports losing against shitty e-sports
nothing to see here lads

>viewership data provided by ESPN, Nielsen...

Ok ok, good so far!

>...and Riot Games

It would surprise me if the revenues for certain e-sports leagues, or streaming services, or whatever rival that of the revenues of some major sports leagues. The profit margins must be insane, just think about how little the average "professional gamer" makes compared to major league athletes, or even compared to average office workers.

the Sports are only counting US viewership figures

the "sport" is counting worldwide viewership. i.e.31.9999 million koreans & 7 americans

how would they know the League numbers with Riot you fucking idiot

>e-sports

Here in Brasil this shit is getting more popular too. Not only that, those who watch such ""sports"" usually go apeshit crazy if you tell them their shitty gaming competition is not a sport and then suddenly they're either asking if chess is a sport or reciting the definition of sports in the dictionary off the top of their heads.

>concurrent viewers

what is the 32m number? is it the count from a youtube video?

total unique viewers

Riot games are notorious for using bots to inflate view numbers

Those are the worse, reminds of smash bros kiddies & 30 year olds when I was younger

A former pro turned full time streamer named imaqtipe made close to 2 million in twitch donations/submomey/sponsorships

If you're not on a super good or super wealthy team, you barely make minimum wage.

>chinkanada not realising the amount of gooks in china that watch that e "sports" shit
>3% of over a billion
>BTFO

why did they exclude the superbo wl?

because it would destroy them by about 70 million.

>'roughly' 18000 people attended

Damn

it was at Madison Square Garden so it was at capacity for the event

1. it is
2. all the kids would rather play this trash than sports nowadays

>it is because I say it is
Okay cool
>kids would rather play this
That's my point. Let the athletic kids beat the shit out of a few of them and this esport bullshit will be done for.

sorry, of course it isn't ''allowed'' but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen

>super bowl
>champions league final
>euro final
>world cup final

also
>18,000
NFL teams triple that every game

A team mate of mine in high school had his scholarship revoked because he said fag on a snapchat video. It happens but it is very hidden and to a much lesser degree than you think.

18 000 is the seating capacity for Madison Square Garden

Why do I have a feeling that the numbers for the real sports events were live viewers while the ones for LoL are total number of hits for their championship youtube video?

pretending e-sports aren't big by now would be denial, but they still aren't even close to real sports
those figures are nothing compared with events that attract global vieweship and not only americans
also iirc the LoL event was streamed for free on youtube while ESPN is a pay-per-view network

in the future where current teens will be middle aged e-sports might catch up to real sports, but now it's not even a contest

Nerd culture becoming mainstream is truly disgusting

there only one guy that i know follows this shit and his friend mock im everytime he posts something on FB about it. I wouldnt even know it was a thing if it wasnt for Sup Forums

>Highschool
>scholarship

What?

Also student athletes are held to a higher standard. I'm also 100% certain if this did happen, that there had to be another reason, most likely drugs.