Narnia getting rebooted

Hollywood has truly hit rock bottom

I haven't read those books since I was in elementary/middle school, but wasn't the Silver Chair chronologically the last story in the series? Or at least close to the end?

More like C.K. Louis

Can't wait for wardrobekino

No, it isn't. They're adapting the book that comes right after Voyage of The Dawn Treader.

Will they do the whole rapture thing in the last book?

Second to last, yeah.

Why am I laughing like a retard

Can't wait to see the cast replaced with a bunch of "diverse" children and the Christian symbolism and morals completely removed.

>like

>new studio
>new producers
>unconnected to previous films
>new cast
>literally being called a reboot

>but wasn't the Silver Chair chronologically the last story in the series? Or at least close to the end?

Chronologically? Kinda. But in order of publication, it's the middle book. The next two that came out after TSC is a sort of anthology book that takes place during the Pevensie reign over narnia, and the other is a straight up prequel to TLTWaTW.

No Anna Poppelwell
No watch
Her DSL's are GOAT

Hurry up and get nude you whore

Then why aren't they starting with the first in the series instead of picking up where the last one left off?

Bout time. They took too long to truly tell the story. This way they can fast track them and do one a year.

It's impossible for a big budget Narnia adaptation to be made today. Hollywood would never make anything even remotely pro-Christianity.

Maybe it won't be shit this time.

I hope not, hollywood can never do narnia properly. Leave it alone until some other country makes it.

I remember seeing the first one in grade 6 as part of a class trip after reading the book. I fell asleep during it. Never saw the sequels

I cried like a bitch reading the last few pages of The Last Battle when it details how they're all actually dead now and shit

God damn i was not expecting that. Even worse it makes that book look like shit when you re-read it knowing what happened at the start

A full proper adaptation starting with the magicians nephew and ending at last battle would be great but it will never happen

>like

Why wouldn't they reboot with Magician's Nephew, the literal origin story?

Why dont they just make The Magician's Nephew? It's the creepiest and most interesting one
of them all.

Even the kids at my cinema called that goat guy a pedophile for fucks sake.

They missed a trick the first time around. I know they came out at the same time as lotr and they didn't want the bloody battles to aim it more at children, but their target demographic doesn't have the attention span to watch a worthwhile live action film.

All they have to do is follow the same format as the original lotr films and use the chronicles story and they have a very liberal and free reign to make a great series of films.

>series succeeds
>reboot it in a few years
>series fails
>reboot it in a few years

For fuck's sake.

>>unconnected to previous films

Isn't one of the 2 main characters in Silver Chair from Dawn Treader?

Idris Elba voices the new Aslan, a black panther

>want to reboot a film series based on books
>by adapting a book that wasn't adapted in the first place

What?

maybe but its not set in the same world as the other movies as its a reboot from a different studio

Are these movies even 10 years old?...

his character progression from his first appearance through silver chair is superb, too.
Hollywood hasn't a single scruple between the folks who make the big decisions

>Anna Poppelwell
I remember seeing the first movie and falling in love with her tits.

Beside the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair was my favorite book in the series. It could be good if they go into it seriously, the story was a great adventure.

When do we get the one with the racist Arab caricatures and orangutan who worship literally Satan?

It's second to last I think, the last one is the one where the world comes to an end.

Proofs?

no that is the last one. The Last Battle, in which a gorilla and a donkey attempt to convert all of Narnia to Islam.
The Silver Chair is the second to last one, it's just an adventure story.

The first movie was objectively perfect, its comfyness being surpassed only by Fellowship of the Ring. How did they manage to fuck the sequels up?

Soon we'll have movies from last year re-made.
I WANT SOME NEW STORIES AND WORLDS
but I guess it's too risky...
LotR reboot when?

The last one was in 2010

>LotR reboot
Oh god please no... I don't want Idris Elba as Aragorn!

>in which a gorilla and a donkey attempt to convert all of Narnia to Islam.
This is actually a pretty accurate description of the main conflict.

Another reboot? The 2005 version was a reboot of the original from 1988, The one I watched as a kid.

Read the books you autist.

Black Gimli and asian Legolas!

I just fucking want The Magician's Nephew. That's all I've wanted since they announced the first fucking film.

They should adapt the last book where Susan is excluded from Heaven because she turns into a frivolous slut who wears make-up and doesn't believe in the Lion-God.

This one needed to be rebooted anway. Its all new characters.

It doesn't even need to be long, you could make that book into an hour and a half film perfectly.

I think the author retconned that but I'm not sure. Susan just loved dick too much to get back to Narnia

The Last Battle is essentially the "End of Evangelion" of Narnia.

I shud just write a script, Hollywood is so desperate right now

Maybe this time the 4 siblings won't be so fucking stiff.

Prince Caspian was good fantasy kino.

these old bbc ones were great

oh ffs you're really going to do this?

>starting with the second to last book chronologically
>not just totally starting over from the Magician's Nephwew

Is this Christ-Kino?

Why isnt William Moosley riding my big cock

Came to post this. The first book with those rings or whatever is so good but no friggin movie. The best thing about the first movie was the old man at the end saying "try me" when the little girl says he wouldn't believe her. I just want his story.

>A gorilla and a donkey attempt to convert everyone to Islam
Lewis truly was ahead of his time.

>Disney purchase rights to Narnia because they missed out on LotR and CS Lewis was like a friend of JRR Tolkien's
>They think it's a nice innocent kids series about Lions and fantasy worlds hidden in wardrobes
>The final book has undertones of islamophobia, racism, sexism and a vivid, detailed account of the apocalypse where atheists and infidels are condemned to an eternal oblivion.

Old Disney would have done it.

Tell me more.

Hopefully not within the next 30 years

Didnt everyone actually die during the war in the train station?

nice

Underrated post.

This is kinda like how Rankin-Bass stepped in and made Return of the King after Bakshi's Lord of the Rings never got its intended second film.

As a kid my mom tried to force me to read these books so I pretended to. Never finished this series. Does it actually get crazy?

Other than Narnia, what are some other classic books that got poor adaptations as movies/TV shows?

Take for example the Wayside School series.

>Myron in the books: A tall, thin, smart, selfless, well-dressed white kid and a quiet dreamer type
>Myron in the show: A short, fat, dumb, selfish, badly-dressed nigger who's loud and obnoxious

When it comes to adaptation, this is even worse than "Arry did you put yer name in the Goblet of Fiyah".

People think the harry potter adaptations were bad?

It's about time. Chronicles of Narnia are the best children's books ever written.

No idea how other children's books got made into films but this never really did.

For once they're rebooting a franchise that deserves to be rebooted

I remember watching some tv mini series of this when I was a kid and it was pretty based from what I recall. It prob would translate better on tv than cinema.

They dont want any films about a creation of a planet

>they all died at the end
next time, use spoilers please

They were mostly good adaptations, but Goblet of Fire was arguably the worst, especially this scene.

The Horse and His Boy when? It was the best and you all know it.

>CS Lewis was like a friend of JRR Tolkien's

It's deeper than that. Tolkien essentially sparked Lewis' faith in God through their philosophical discussions, and convinced him to convert to Catholicism.

Haven't read the books in years but IIRC there's a massive war and it ends with the main characters realizing they're all dead and reunite with all the MCs from the previous books in heaven

I'd associate it more with Night on the Galactic Railroad desu

>CS Lewis
>Catholic
Try again

Technically Anglican, but he sperged out about Catholicism everywhere. It's like calling himself Anglican was an aesthetic choice because of muh country.

>A series of children's books made 'epic' with bloody battle scenes
Consider suicide

Did anyone else have that one autistic/general special needs kid who was obsessed with this shit?

The Faraway Tree
The Dark is Rising
Wizard of Earthsea

Narnia : Patrician
Lotr: Pleb

The High Church tradition of Anglicanism is pretty indistinguishable from Catholicism. They still use Latin, they take communion, they sing hymns, it's all very pagan.

Er, wait. How is it a reboot if it's the next in the series?

Also holy fuck with how many years they take between movies we'll hit the heat death of the universe before they finish the series

What the fuck is that granny skeleton supposed to be?

Horse and his Boy is the GOAT Narnia story.

Underrated. I'm still mad we'll never see The Last Battle on the big screen.

>Horse and His Boy

Will literally never happen, imagine the outrage over the thinly veiled Muslim stereotypes.

It's the Elven King iirc.

Was '05 Narnia that bad, guys?

Saruman

>Christian symbolism and morals completely removed.
So it will be a improvement? No one wants to be preached with cliche morals, only irrelevant people are about racial identity, and everyone with an IQ of over 100 hates Christianity and its followers. Sounds like it will be a success this time.

The Last Battle goes absolutely balls out in the last few chapters.

>it's all very pagan

Because, you know Protestant """""""culture""""" is highly developed and all.