How does Sup Forums deal with knowing everything is ultimately worthless?

How does Sup Forums deal with knowing everything is ultimately worthless?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PabHo3FHX6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jack Daniel's and coke.

if you think about it, it's actually reassuring. because no matter what bad things happen, ultimately it won't make a difference. of course, you could say that nothing good matters either. never mind it doesn't matter.

Petty distractions until I die. That's my plan

But that's what i said, it doesn't matter. Good and bad are just how wee see it because sooner or later we have to see it one way or another. But in the end it doesn't even matter, just like in that song.

Well, even if your life is meaningless, you've gotta make the smooth train to death as enjoyable as you possibly can, which is why I isolate myself in my room and play vidya all day

>Petty distractions until I die.
That's basically all life is.

i feel like we really agree about this. we're getting to know each other even on this crazy internet site. and maybe one day, in time... we could even be friends.

i mean just squeeze! Squeeze! Squeeze! all the morning long; I squeezed that sperm till I myself almost melted into it; I squeezed that sperm till a strange sort of insanity came over me, and I found myself unwittingly squeezing my co-labourers' hands in it, mistaking their hands for the gentle globules. Such an abounding, affectionate, friendly, loving feeling did this avocation beget; that at last I was continually squeezing their hands, and looking up into their eyes sentimentally, as much as to say,—Oh! my dear fellow beings, why should we longer cherish any social acerbities, or know the slightest ill humour or envy! Come; let us squeeze hands all round; nay, let us all squeeze ourselves into each other; let us squeeze ourselves universally into the very milk and sperm of kindness.

but on the other hand... it doesn't matter.

I'd say you're an idiot if you really think you *know* that rather than knowing you probably just suffer from depression. What makes life worth it? It's up to you figure out, but it's not up to you to decide to the worth of other people's lives.

But thats a cop out of an answer, and one of the typical few i expected. The whole "you give your life meaning" thing isn't enough, i know you can go and "give meaning" to things, I'm talking about something else.
And yeh no shit i'm probably suffering from depression, i'm depressed because life has no meaning.

I drink heavily and do a lot of drugs.

No you're depressed and so you think life can't be enjoyable or have meaning. Meaning is all around you , LANGUAGE gives the world meaning. What exactly are you looking for? You live your life, you set your goals, you manage your time. What else do yo WANT? Some god in the sky to hand it all down to you? You're one lazy motherfucker, and you don't deserve the life that's been given to you for free if you can't make the most of it. You lack creativity, you childish mongrel.

Everything is worthless if you treat that way. Everything has worth if you treat it that way. It's all subjective and relative. You're just being lazy and can't see the opportunities life presents. Get your head out of your ass.

>/thread

OP got rekt, hard.

Vodka. Also I've been dead before and there's nothing on the otherside. Going for the ride.

You're lying to yourself.

this fucker gets it

SQUEEZE!

youtube.com/watch?v=PabHo3FHX6Q

watch that and then think long and hard about what he said.

p.s. rip op

shitposting

About what?

If you think your life has any substantial meaning or bearing on the world. You could die right now and your family would move on... eventually. This world doesn't need you or your ideas. You mean nothing.

I mean *something*, not nothing and not everything. I am a god to a world of bees, spiders, and fleas, I can determine their fate with the flick of a finger. The opposite is the case when I compare myself to the galaxy.

When are you going to realize that it's all relative and there's nothing wrong with that? We make what we can of our humble or extravagant lot in life. But rounding all things down to zero simply because you are depressed is illogical.

This is what sanity looks like, and it shits all over OP's le edgy first grade nihilism that hasn't been thought through in the slightest.

Nothing is inherently meaningful. U have to give it meaning from within. If u cant do this or accept that nothing has value until we make an agreement w ourselves that it does, you wont b happy

Prozac, Xanax, and gin

worthlessness has ultimately the most power, whats your point.

Does the universe have purpose? The universe is finite, going to end in the future. I wouldn't say that the universe is meaningless, it created planets for life to grow on and stars to fuel them. We are more powerful than the universe in a sense because we have freewill. The universe is not conscious and cannot do whatever it pleases, but we can.

You can do nothing to the masses of insects that thrive on this planet. One or two at a time? Doesn't make a difference. The point is your life is inconsequential. You're not going to wipe out a race of insects on your own. I don't have any problem with the ideal. Just don't think it has any real meaning in the grand scheme of things. You enjoy what you have I can respect that. But history will only remember you having nothing. When you die you die there's no conciousness after life. You're unique energy signature may go on; as energy cannot be destroyed? But is it unique? Doubtfully. Eventually enough stars will die to create an ultra mega blackhole that will consume all energy and light in the universe then once it has consumed all mass, energy, and space. The universe will emerge again. Life is truly a gift and it should nit be wasted whether or not it should be enjoyed is debatable.

Saved

History isn't a person or a thing that remembers anything, it's a practice that humans invented, telling stories to remember shit. That's all history means.

You keep blowing things out of proportion. I never said I had the power to make an insect species go extinct, nor do I want to. I am merely illustrating proportionality to life.

Life ends? Good, that's what makes this very moment worth something - right here, right now.

I'm tired of hurting my head trying to understand your logic. It's basically "because the molehill isn't a mountain, it's worth nothing". No, it's a molehill, call a spade a spade, and get comfortable living in the reality you possess.

I cry like Ben Affleck

I think about it all the time and wonder if I should save myself the wait and kill myself. That is, until I remember all the people who make me happy in life, and try to spend my time making them happy too

You're under 30 aren't you?

I embrace it. It lets me know I can't ever really fuck up that bad.

Man suffers because he takes seriously what the gods have made for fun.

Life a big joke user, you might as well laugh

I'm actually not, and age should have nothing to do with the weight of an argument.

Your life sucks? Sorry, shit for brains, but it doesn't mean mine has to suck too.

In all fairness, it's not entirely his fault. All of our lives people feed us idealistic bullshit about how our lives could be better, and to reach for the stars and we can do anything, when really we can't. Don't even get me started on religious people preaching heightened states of existence creating even more unrealistic expectations.

You're checking them dubs.

No my life is not shit it's actually pretty awesome. That doesn't mean it matters.

>everything is worthless
Manfred von Richthofen wouldn't do that.

so what? eating, drugs, and fucking feels good

so even though i'm a worthless ant to the greater universe, who gives a fuck? i'll use whatever i can to make my life enjoyable