Joni Mitchell

>constantly wrote lyrics all by herself for her albums
>can play guitar
>can play piano

was she the greatest female musician of 70's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ijRNoAd7mrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no, grimes was

ayy lmao

i love her. she liked to use use weird guitar tunings and a distinct songwriting style which helped separate her from the other female folk-ish of her time

>tfw a case of you will never fail to make me cry
it hurts bros

waifued so hard that she inspired Jimmy Page and Robert Plant to write a song for her and it wasn't even plagarizred.

tied for aoty '75 with Eno

>was she the greatest [...] musician of 70's?
quite possibly yes

her being the greatest female musician of the 70s shouldn't even be a dispute desu

I just couldn't stomach anything other than her debut album. And even that album is just okay. I'm not a fan of folk pop, so, that's probably why I didn't enjoy her music. I love her voice though.

Best musician of the 70's period. Only pop/rock writer capable of punching her weight with Mingus.
Only Stevie Wonder comes close from her era

Her music is a lot better when you're down. Blue sounded twice as good when I was sad one day lol

you feel like she needs an applause simply because she had a vagina and wrote her own music and played 2 instruments? lmfao, ok.

Yeah she's super underrated on here.

However, for whatever reason the production on Hejira really bothers me. It's a shame because those songs are top notch, but the way they're recorded makes them sound so flat and sterile.

too bad she's canadian

Joni was great, but Carole was honestly better

No, Sandy Denny was. Pretty much anything positive that can be said about Joni is true of Sandy as well, and she put out much better music.

Instead of just writing a song about having a crush of her, Zeppelin respected Sandy Denny enough to actually recorded a song featuring her, and it's the only song by them to feature another vocalist. And Plant has repeatedly said he had a hard time keeping up with her singing while recording.
Instead of just writing a song about

Kate Bush >>>>

James Blake's version is even sadder desu

Oh Jesus christ. Sandy Denny is great but she wasn't half the songwriter Joni was.

Yeah she played with Zeppelin, primarily because she was at her best when being utilized by other musicians. I don't see how that supersedes Joni who was the primary creative force in most of her projects.

youtu.be/ijRNoAd7mrg
better than any joni song

>can do 3 basic things a large amount of musicians can do
>is woman
Guys she's the greatest musician of all time

For me she's one of the greatest from the 70's, regardless of gender. Her lyrics always move me.

I agree she's talented but I've just never been able to get into her music.

this