twitter.com/AnonBabble

A masterpiece.
> acceptable female lead
> amazing atmosphere
> perfect pacing
> stress-inducing creature
> good cast

The first one is one of my favourite films ever

Upon rewatching it, one of the creepiest scenes is them huddled together watching the turret monitor. It's really quiet, but then it cuts to the turret dumping rounds into a wave of aliens. Just them quietly watching the ammo dwindle down wondering if at any moment the turret will run dry and the aliens will begin to descend upon them. That out of body feeling that on the other side of the complex, a highly lethal force of unknown size is beginning to surround you really stood out to me.

>how do I get out of this chicken shit thread?

But first we need to talk about the bonus situation.

Alien is a beautiful masterpiece.

Aliens is terrible Sup Forumseddit capeshit.

Alien 3 is a flawed step back in the right direction.

Resurrection is everything garbage about Aliens taken to 11.

This. I don't know how everyone loves Aliens,it was so predictable and cheesey.

>I don't know how everyone loves Aliens
There are a lot of video game manchildren on this board.

>Another thread where neckbeards explain why Aliens is the worst movie ever

sage

It is neckbeard sensibility to enjoy the "based" "comfy" "hotpocket" that is Aliens.

*yawn*

I miss being 16

I am 35 and Aliens is one of the most culturally damaging films every released. Another stepping stone taking us on the road to the capeshit apocalypse.

Alien >= Aliens >>> Alien 3 >>>>>>> Resurrection

>This. I don't know how everyone loves Aliens,it was so predictable and cheesey.

Serious question: when were you born?

The reason I ask is I think younger people may not like Aliens because it seems cliched, despite it being the film that started the cliches.

Am I the only one who'd love to have sex with a Xenomorph?

Of course you are

Imagine sitting next to these people while watching Aliens. Having to listen to them pretending to hate it, and lie to themselves about enjoying things.

This thought makes me merry when reading these haters vomit.

me too

Does anyone else feel like Aliens is the most wrongly categorised popular film? On rewatching it is far more obviously a horror yet it is regarded as an action film based on the handful of scenes with explosions or gunfire.

>35
>arguing that a well liked movie is bad on a Transylvanian mandolin fetishist imageboard

Imagine sitting next to an Aliens fan. The smell as he rubs the cheeto dust into his body in preparation for viewing his based comfy movie. The flutter of his fedora as he tips ecstatically as the former great symbol of fear is blown away in great numbers like one of his video games. The sound of him vibrating at the hot pocket resonance every time "based" Hudson is on screen.

Why did you quote me? I love Aliens, just not as much as Alien.

>mfw Amazon.co.uk has the bluray anthology, packed with every featurette made, for only £11.69

>Alien >= Aliens >>> Alien 3 >>>>>>> Resurrection

Ma nigga. I'd probably even take Resurrection off as non-canon anyway.

Also fuck Blomkamp for trying to clusterfuck the series and provide an 'alternative' sequel to Aliens. Ridley's fored delay on that has more or less shit on that idea.

Alien is a timeless classic and all it's flaws are very minor.

Aliens is just a rip-off of Them! from 1954 with elements from Alien shoehorned in.

Alien 3 is very flawed and had a troubled production but wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. The extended cut is actually pretty ok.

Alien Resurrection is a fairly faithful adaption of the batshit insane Alien Colonial Marines comic books.

>Aliens is a Horror meme

Please die horribly

>2 scenes with explosions = action film

Please continue being a pretensious faggot

>he thinks Aliens is original
It didn't start shit, watch more movies

I just rewatched all four of these and can't believe how much I loved them all.
Each director did great work carrying forward their own vision without straying to far from the core concept.

Dare I say it?
Best quadrilogy ever.

It's definitely an action movie. I think you must be comparing it to action movies of today rather than action movies of the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=gDQtrSKGOUU

DON'T EVER FUCKING REPLY TO ME AGAIN

The saddest part about this thread is that James Cameron would literally kick all your asses in a fight. At 70 years old, he would kick your ass.

>action movies need lots of explosions

When will Summer end?

Kino

I heard about some recent recut of Alien 3. Is there any information about Fincher's involvment? Is it good?
I haven't watched any version of A3 or A4 for that matter

I've already beat the shit out of Ridley and Fincher, I'm sure I could take Jim

James Kinoren?

Fincher hasn't given a shot about Alien 3 from the day of it's release to now and probably never will.

The assembly cut is decent. I think it's worth watching just as much as Aliens is. It certainly is more original than Aliens.

>tfw entered a Hollywood directors all out brawl by mistake and the only I beat was Joss Wedon

I guarantee I could take Refn in a fight

James Cameron is the master of re-doing stuff everyone forgot about.
In some cases scene by scene.

What about his autistic rage?

>tfw someone posts your edit

I'd drop kick him in his non-existent neck

If that is the case then Jaws is the holy Mecca or Bible for which all the terrible movies were inspired by

Example? Oh wait you have no fucking evidence whatsoever. Goodjob retard.

Jaws was the beginning of the end but I think that the birth of the star wars franchise was the single most destructive moment in cinema history.

I can't believe people still dress like this when it's become such a meme

youtube.com/watch?v=Ihwi4EQKhp4

I guess you're the retard since by this point it's widely know that Terminator was based on Outer Limit episodes which Cameron tried to hide and ultimately was sued for,
that Aliens is much more a remake of Them! than it is an Alien sequel,
that Titanic was basically a remake of A Night to Remember,
and that Avatar is just a remix of Pocahontas, Dances with Wolves and Aliens.

Titanics a true story. Try harder.

They lost the lawsuit over Terminator, and he didnt copy shit considering how much of the story is different in the film.

Aliens remade Them? Please i havent seen Giant Meme Ant movie, but please cite examples?

This actually came out as a troll fucking with atheist, he's honestly not that fat at all and is pretty Religous, I don't have the pic but he posted it somewhere

>a

Titanic copies entire scenes and dialogue from A Night to Remember.

Except Cameron himself said in an interview "Oh, I just ripped off a couple Harllan Ellison stories.".

You haven't even seen the movie yet you run your mouth like an idiot.
Them! has similar pacing, the Aliens behave like ants, they find a traumatized girl that somehow survived an attack, they go into the lair to look for missing children/settlers, the and/alien queen is an important plot bit and has to be killed at the end.

Then Cameron tacked half of the plot from Alien on and that's it.

4 more weeks and out

jk your here forever

THE SPECIAL EDITION OF ALIENS HAD MAJOR PACING PROBLEMS!

What do you guys think the new aliens movie is gonna be like?

Loud and dumb, most likely.

You secure that shit Hudson.

>District 9
>Elysium
>Chappie
Shit.

except that Aliens is just Seven Samurai. I used to love it when it came out but now i see how shit it is compared to 1 & 3

>Seven Samurai in space and ayylmaos
>a bad thing

>asshole that won't shut up about the bonus situatioin
>easily the most believable character

We all know someone who won't fucking shut up about something. It's great writing.

Anyone else notice that Aliens is probably the most pro-female movie ever made with out trying.
Bad ass that ends up being more capable than any of the fully trained marines, ends up taking command. While also talking about her failure as a parent by out living her daughter combined with the play on fear of being pregnant with something that will kill you. Also no love interest.

What do y'all think of Alien:Isolation? Enjoying it so far t b h

I miss it when people saged as a downvote.

Good game, but the pacing/story suck and the quality drops quite a bit in the last third. I hope they make another, or at the very least the devs make another horror game.

Is it canon?

>have strong female lead with actual flaws
>don't make every single male role a bumbling fucking retard or domineering tyrant
>this makes a believable strong female lead

Why can't they fucking follow this formula? They just seem to have to take shots at men or make the female lead some paper cut out with zero flaws.

Did we watch the same movie? Ripley was crushing on Hudson throughout the entire film
>Hey Ripley, check it out.
Indeed she was, Hudson.

It works as canon without fucking up the canon

Crushing, yeah. But never in the movie was his affection a priority or a concern. all of their flirting happens naturally in the only parts of the movie that are calm.

*hicks

>Also no love interest.

Thank you fucking Jesus. Every other goddamn movie has to have a shoe-horned love interest.

It's like, characters can't be interesting unless someone else in the immediate area wants to fuck them?

Liking any version of Alien 3 over Aliens means you're a faggot. Congratulations.

kys.

THIS! so much THIS XD
Aliens is only enjoyed by cunny posters and vedditors

Go back to tumblr and kys

I would kill myself if I fucking still posted here at 35
jesus christ get married and have kids you fucking loser lmapo

He died too soon :(

>Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you
>We've got rocks, sharp sticks!
>Hudson, just deal with it because we need you and I'm sick of your bullshit
She was ready to GET IT ON!

so? Them! is unwatchable d grade shit. aliens is a grade awesome u fag

cunny poster detected :^)
KYS pedo

this, why the fuck didn't they show his death?

>It is not known whether Apone died from the impregnation of a Xenomorph or the explosion from the Atmospheric Processor going critical.
alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Al_Apone

>yfw Apone could still be alive

Thank you.

I can't wait until Alien: Covenant , iz gonna be awesome

>>yfw Apone could still be alive
Did you not hear his death yelp? Fool's colder meat than Billy from Predator.

Hahaha

Alien$

>ripley will never suffocate you with her massive bush
why do I keep on living?
;_;