Sup Forums how old were you when stopped falling for the "earth" meme?

Sup Forums how old were you when stopped falling for the "earth" meme?

t. Flat America

Other urls found in this thread:

retractionwatch.com/the-retraction-watch-leaderboard/top-10-most-highly-cited-retracted-papers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what the fuck are you talking about put the bong down

every invention of note in the last hundred years was by an American. In the thinking business we call that a clue.

Flat. Expanded view. From this perspective, the sun is behind the disk.

2 seconds older than when i did.
flat earth meme will never not be a meme.

If you want to prove me wrong do it wil an experiment.

Flat is pretty well proven. It's the whole "earth" that's the myth. I realize that now. "Earth" is the mindfuck.

urr wut?

"Earth" is a meme pushed by American El-ites. They call the doctrine Globalism.

and today's demonstration of the words "scientific illiteracy" is presented by OP, who is a textbook example of this tragic phenomenon.

Science describes the process of inquiry; a search for ontological certitude. We 'science' whenever we ask why. We achieve 'illiteracy' when we 'settle the science.'

>If you want to prove me wrong do it wil an experiment.
Piss easy:
Force of gravitation points always down anywhere you are; But ok, you could somehow be in a center of a very large disc and the deflections could be not noticeable anywhere that's reachable in your lifespan. But then, the sunset should happen exactly at the same time anywhere you could reach, which can be easily proven wrong, by a simple watch and traveling a bit (not really that far).

So how about velcro then.
Not noteworthy enough? Sorry, I'm not a gun enthusiast.

How about I name some from where I'm from then:
- hand grenade
- aerosol can
- expanded clay aggregate
- gas turbine

You are not in the thinking business.

>flat earthers hate him

Hello fellow American. Are you from Ohio?

Go search. Or as one would call it in the thinking business, "research".

Their lies never stop. "Global" cuisine is really just a variation on burgers. The plate symbolizes a half bun, or incomplete truth.

The point of "flat earth" is to expose how full of shit the recent trend of science denialism is. Like the people who believe vaccines are bad, that global warming is not caused by humans, GMO is bad etc. The trick to flat earth argumentation is that you can always undermine anything; findings, assumptions, authorities and even your own senses and get away with it.
Science isn't democratic. You have authorities, people with titles and academic achievements there, that are more important than others. Sure, facts and proper logical argumentation is final even in the mouth of a freshman, but if things get hairy and you don't know who to trust - you always trust the authority in science.
Which is what anti-science denialists don't do. You can always say it's a conspiracy by scientists and no one can really prove you wrong. The irony is that you could do the same even with the silliest, most obvious things, like the fact that earth isn't flat.
This is what flat earth is about.

>you always trust the authority in science
retractionwatch.com/the-retraction-watch-leaderboard/top-10-most-highly-cited-retracted-papers/

/thread

Hey, it isn't a perfect system, and science acknowledges it. One good argument is better than any authority.
What I meant, but probably conveyed poorly, was a scenario in which you are unable to make a decision whether something is true or not, because you are not prepared to have an opinion in the subject. Then you should rely on an authority that has credentials.
Problem with post-internet world is that everyone is expected to have an opinion on everything, even if they shouldn't in 99.9% of cases.

>trigonometry
>high school mathematics
land of the free, eh?

>trips
noice

What do your "earth" arguments have to do with Flat America? Stop falling for the Optical Deception.

I'd argue we are better off spreading the tools of inquiry around. Credentialism turns the very human act of inquiry into a mystery religion; and we are poorer as a result.

>if only there was some way to reconcile both of those approaches with each other...

>recognizing science as a multi tool and not simply a hammer hitting a single nail(appealing to authority)

Delusional.

bye bye thread

>inb4 404
Next time we can talk about what they mean by Initiation, Human and Solar. Cheers.