What does Sup Forums think of The Killers?

What does Sup Forums think of The Killers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bX14whtcXAw
youtube.com/watch?v=R5K_QOKHyO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really shit

Sam's Town was really good in my opinion. Hot Fuss was alright. Otherwise they had a couple cool songs here and there.

Are they human or are they dancers?

I love the band, but that song is fucking stupid

Hot Fuss and Sam's Town are great albums, Day & Age and Battle Born are ok, I'm waiting for the new album 2bh.

I liked hearing them on the radio when my mom was driving me to school

Good Band/10

the first 5 or so songs on this album are ok. The problem with The Killers is that every thing they've created was done better by post-punk and new wave bands in the 80s.

Urban outfitters / 10

most of Sam's Town and Hot Fuss are really good and I like Day and Age for nostalgia purposes, but honestly their three most popular songs are total shit

the killers were huge, biggest rock song of the 2000's, i liked sams town even though everyone hated it. The killers could have been like the american the smiths, but brandon turned out to be a boring mormon.
Like a modern rock band would kill to make mr brightside.
Ive got soul but im not a soldier is great fucking line too.
The killers were like that band in your gf's ipod core.

They fell off pretty bad after sams town

youtube.com/watch?v=bX14whtcXAw

mr brightside came on the radio yesterday and i had to blast that shit. perfect songs for driving with the windows down

Their best songs are some of the best of that decade, but the rest is just like everything else, completely forgettable

I fucking hate Mr. Brightside.

Human, Somebody Told Me and Smile Like You Mean It?

youtube.com/watch?v=R5K_QOKHyO4

Best Killers song coming through

AND IT'S ALL IN MY HEAD BUT SHE'S TOUCHING HIS CHEST NOW, SHE TAKES OFF HER DRESS NOW, LET ME GOOOOOOOOOO

Is he /ourguy/?

Seriously, as someone with a major personality disorder, I could relate to this song a lot at the time and it's a stone cold classic

One of my favorite bands. I appreciate the way they went a different direction with each album. Also I think Battleborn is severely underrated.

i heard tht 1st at Olduvai gorge
hated it then hate it now

only good for some singles, it's really hit or miss

They're okay.

Outside of Hot Fuss they're absolutely unlistenable and not worth checking out.

Hot Fuss is amazing though. They hit a home run their first time at bat and haven't hit the ball again since.

It's literally just a song about being a voyeur and watching the girl you like fuck another dude.
Literally cuckcore.

since when is Smile Like You Mean It more popular than Mr. Brightside?

they fucking suck dick

The only good songs the Killers have ever made are Mr. Brightside, Smile Like You Mean It, Jenny Was a Friend of Mine and Somebody Told Me.

They have one album with good songs, and only a few of those songs are good.

>beating off the the cover of sams town on my ipod during a roadtrip
great times

desu great band, ST and HF are modern classics, Day and Age has some good ones but also some bad ones. Havent listened to their newer ones but based on live shows I dont think the hits are terrible. I think they will be as memorable as a band like Muse in the future

>ST and HF are modern classics
"no"

"yes"
at least HF

The bassline on Jenny was a friend of mine is so good.

hot fuss is as much of a 'modern classic' of music as the hunger games is in literature

Love them, and think they prove that pop isn't always bad. Brandon is a fantastic songwriter, and his solo stuff is brilliant as well.

classic of 00 pop music

i mean, sure, i guess? being really popular once like ten years ago more or less off the back of one song isn't really something to write home about

HF is top 10 pop albums 00s
not many bands who achieve something like that

that's a good album

>cucked by Eric Roberts

Of course he is /ourguy/

>tfw this thread
>tfw I'll never be a comfy high schooler happily going trough his everyday life again

music for this feel?

Hot Fuss may be the most frontloaded album of all time

A couple tracks pick up steam near the end but it's night and fucking day

Sawdust is compilation kino

>Tranquilize
>All the Pretty Faces
>Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf
>Sweet Talk
>The Ballad of Michael Valentine
>the piano version of Sam's Town
>the cover of Romeo and Juliet
Such a good collection of extra songs. Could totally have passed for a real album if they cut out some of the less fleshed out songs.

Name 6 post punk bands better than the killers

>The killers were like that band in your gf's ipod core.
too true, in fact i have proof that this is still applicable

I was going through my metal phase and dismissed the band outright back then. I've been listening to them a lot lately. Brandon Flowers is charming as fuck and the fact that he's a mormon is pretty neat.

While You Were Young is making me weepy. wtf.

Overrated as fuck

Hot Fuss was ok though

Never liked them, their shit just never clicked with me. Forgettable radio rock compared to other bands in their time

Better than all their direct influences desu (Springsteen, U2, the other post-punk revival bands)

It was only a kiss...

Does anyone have a rip of last year's remaster of Sam's Town? I love the album but man does it sound like shit with headphones on. Hoping the remaster fixes that