So Sup Forums any of you went through alcohol withdrawls before? currently day 60 sober and still feel like shit

So Sup Forums any of you went through alcohol withdrawls before? currently day 60 sober and still feel like shit.
I was drinking for a little over atleast 5 days a week to everyday for about the last 5 months at about a pint of whiskey and a 32-40oz beer everyday. didn't think i was addicted or going to get WD's so i quit cold turkey without going to a clinic...

The Withdrawls consisted of: Massively increased heart rate, whole body tremors, physical pain, dialeted pupils, warming and cold sensations through my whole body, weight loss, delerium/confusion, massive dehydration, fatigue, severe depression, and a seizure at day 3 with other symptoms like the inability to eat solid food.

The alcohol withdrawls cost me my job, a relationship, and i always get judged in public if i tell anyone about it. Even my brothers girlfriend acts like im a alcoholic...
Never knew pain like this existed, have any of you experienced alcohol withdrawls? I keep reading that it gets better at a week but at day 60 im still fucked up! Still having heart issues, massive dehydration, fatigue, numbness, and dilerium from time to time. Couldn't even sleep last night! Any advice? And how where your symptoms? Did you get over them and if so, how long did they last?

Other urls found in this thread:

rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/tools/Calculators/drink-size-calculator.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A little over a year*

congratulations you have brain damage

As a drunk I can suggest you make sure to be drinking plenty of water with lemon in it and I mean plenty like 1-1.5 gallons a day. Look into taking milk thistle in the morning and night and drinking beet juice. All of these things will cleanse your liver and digestive tract.

Well, i am aving a episode right now but what do you mean?

On and off drunk here. I drink about the same amount as you. Something is up if you're still feeling like death 60 days into sobriety. When I come off my benders I feel fine after 3 days of sobriety. You might have some sort of other medical issue or you maybe caused some sort of permanent damage. Talk to a doctor. Get well soon broseph.
Oh, and drink a beer, you'll feel better.

What in the actual fuck? I drank everyday for the last 2 years. I habitially down a half gallon of whiskey in four to five days get another and do it again. I quit about 2 weeks ago cold turkey, simply because i am no longer depressed and i got tired of going to bed so early. I have no withdrawal symptoms, no, temors, anything really. I started thinking i wasnt a alcoholic. I'm fairly muscular albeit i am a 5.6 manlet. And all you did is a pint?

Well more then a pint but sadly yes. I didn't think i was going to have them at all, it just came out of nowhere. Hell, i had a seizure from it when I've never had one before. The last day was a 1/5th in 24 hours (drank half, went to sleep, woke up,drank the other half, etc)

What's your background? You're probably genetically predisposed to alcohol tolerance and/or are very healthy.

been drinking 6-8 beers 5-7 times a day for a couple of months. i just took a 1 week break 3 weeks ago to see how i'm doing. felt just fine. now i'm 48 hour sober and feeling okay. not even shaky hands. feel sorry for you tho.

Damn, i thonk it may be hypoglycemia but its suppose to clear up after a couple weeks. Im not a big person. 5'11" 180lbs and 20 years old. I was always healthy before i quit and when i did thats when everything went to shit.

Idk something may be wrong with you Sup Forumsro , or something wrong with me, why didnt i get withdrawal symptoms? Tell me more about how you drank so i can poont out some differences

OP here. I come from a long line of alcoholics my dad was a heavy drinker aswell. Im also pretty healthy. Idk why this shit is still going on.

I don't know, maybe.

After a month lasting bender I often woke up during nights and saw either tentacles or gigantic spider legs crawling under my bed.

Searched for them for couple of minutes until I realized what I was doing is stupid.

Scary, still.

Black, 30, not very athletic but, my job is light a fedex driver delivering heaby packages and walking a lot. Got an unoticable beer gut if i where the right clothes. I drink metric fuckton of water a day. I have no cravings for alcohol at all till i get home and relax

must be the water

Also, doc says i have very high blood pressure, another reason i backed off the sauce a bit. Still drink. If i crave no more than 5 shots will do it. For the most part i try to leave it for the weekend

well you have all the symptoms of brain damage and binge drinking is known to cause brain damage

Hi op. I have 60 days tomorrow. Experienced what you were going thru the first 10 days. 0 sleep until i was prescribed seroquil. I was a heavy drinker for 5 years, alcoholic for thr past ten. The hardest part for me right now isnt so much resisting alcohol, but what to do with myself sober on a daily basis. I guess thr most positive thing is im at least in control of my behavior. Ive lost all my gfs to drinking and my last job. Also have court coming up for assault charges i got while drunk af, so your situation could always be worse. See a doc and get some meds for sleep. I also here neurontin helps with depression amd boredom, sort of gets you buzzed. How old are you if you dont mind telling?

Well, i took fat swigs of jack (a pint was about 5 drinks) didn't really eat while i was drinking too much, i could at most drink 2 32oz mikes harder mango lemonades (8% alc) and a pint in one sitting. I smoke ciggeretes but never chain smoked and have been doing it for 8 years. I always assumed you had to drink for YEARS to get this shit!

A pint, is not 5 drinks dude

Isn't 32oz like one litre?`

Fucking lightweight.

A pint is about 9 drinks

rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/tools/Calculators/drink-size-calculator.aspx

I think they say if you stay 5 and under you are not an alcoholic. Thats why i said i stick to five shots, if i crave

I got assault charges while drunk too but I'm definitely not an alcoholic. I did do alcohol counseling though. Not OP btw.
>feelsbadman

Im only 20.
Never drank really till last year after a tough relationship. For the first 3 months i was drinking to kill the feels but then that morphed into loving the felling of being drunk. Never took pills for shit, i smoke bud but now i can't, and im not always felling like shit. 3 days ago i was felling better then on the 19th it struck back out of nowhere, Idk why.

To be honest you may just be diabetic. Not eating while drinking combined with dehydration may have jacked you liver and blood sugar. That was a difference with me, idl drank twice as much as you but i always ate like a king afterward. I get munchies when drinjing like im doing weed. And like i said i drink fucktons of water

I took big drinks. Not shots

I know bro, i said i do that now, because i backed off the sauce. Im the guy that used to down a half gallon in four days for two years

B-but. Alcohol is love. Alcohol is life.

Oh i get you

A pint of whiskey and 64oz's of 8% malt liquor a day is light?

Yeah.

I drink more than that on workdays.

I'm fucking wasted even now.

Yeah it is, 17 drinks

Ya but i was making shit money working minimum wage. Paying rent to parents, food, my electricity cut, phone bills, and atleast $15 a day is brutal on your wallet. The reason i quit was to save my money up and try getting better as my body was felling the habit of drinking everyday.

What do you think about me, half gallon in four days? No withdrawal. Was i a alcoholic Sup Forumsro

No.

Well, thats all i did. Again, i come from a long line of alcoholics from my mom and dads side of my family. I didn't think i was going to have withdrawls, and it was bad enough to give me a seizure =/. The most I've drinken in one sitting was a half gallon of Rum in one day but i threw most of it up and i was shit faced/black out drunk. But that was only one time about 8 months ago.

Im not that white and was sweating profusely. I also lost like 10lbs since.